Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

that's what we concluded bob, mud will now just go directly to his site and download his app instead of going to youtube to catch the commercial-free daily shows at night and I think you might be right, this could help motive the Republicans to get out and vote in Nov and help keep the Dems from taking back Congress and moving to impeach trump. And to MichChamp I'll have to apologize for not noticing the previous clamp down on left-wing content since I never seek out that content I didn't notice that had happened.

oh and Bob, jones isn't' the only one getting squashed. They have banned some libertarians as well. Youtube even banned the accounts of some who were just simply re-uploading Jones I mean that is just nuts so if you upload something they have deemed not worthy they will ban you too. LOL. Liberal talk show host Ethan Bearman had his segment with Tucker Carlson about The NY Times reporter removed by Instagram for being “too offensive” cuz they were discussing the racist NY time reporter.

oh boy that's one of the reasons I still love this sports forum place, Monster and the Admins aren't totalitarians and ban people they don't agree with, it's really one of the last places on the net that is still FREE.

Last edited:
No, but there are solid grounds to find that google and facebook are essentially monopolies, or close to them. and they control significant amounts of the informational flow the public can access, and therefore they should be broken up, and/or regulated like public utilities are.

I'm on board with breaking up things that are essentially monopolies. But if you did break up facebook, none of the resulting companies should be required to distribute infowars either.

Now, internet service providers, I would like to see net neutrality preserved and wouldn't mind data being considered a utility.

I'm on board with breaking up things that are essentially monopolies. But if you did break up facebook, none of the resulting companies should be required to distribute infowars either.

Now, internet service providers, I would like to see net neutrality preserved and wouldn't mind data being considered a utility.

It wouldn't be a matter if requiring them to distribute Infowars, just a matter of prohibiting any public utilities from refusing to publish content that isn't illegal, or advocates illegal acts.

of course, they can take things down that violate 3rd party copyrights, trademarks, etc. or constitute defamation, slander, libel, false light, etc.

There are lots of ways to keep out some of the shadier stuff Infowars promotes, like actual hit pieces on individuals, claiming Sandy Hook parents are "crisis actors," etc. without banning otherwise lawful content, even if 99.999% of Infowars allowable content would still be really fucking wrong and dumb.

It wouldn't be a matter if requiring them to distribute Infowars, just a matter of prohibiting any public utilities from refusing to publish content that isn't illegal, or advocates illegal acts.

of course, they can take things down that violate 3rd party copyrights, trademarks, etc. or constitute defamation, slander, libel, false light, etc.

There are lots of ways to keep out some of the shadier stuff Infowars promotes, like actual hit pieces on individuals, claiming Sandy Hook parents are "crisis actors," etc. without banning otherwise lawful content, even if 99.999% of Infowars allowable content would still be really fucking wrong and dumb.

Facebook is not a utility and it shouldn't be seen as one. (Or Apple, or Spotify, or anyone that dropped Infowars.)

Companies can ban anyone they want if they are hearing feedback from their customers. Maybe that is what happened. I’m not saying it’s right but it happens daily . Twitter should ban Trump because the guy is a imbecile and lies all the time but I guess that will not happen lol.. No big deal to me Alex Jones is a A-hole. I’m still never going to his site.

Companies can ban anyone they want if they are hearing feedback from their customers. Maybe that is what happened. I?m not saying it?s right but it happens daily . Twitter should ban Trump because the guy is a imbecile and lies all the time but I guess that will not happen lol.. No big deal to me Alex Jones is a A-hole. I?m still never going to his site.

But I put a link to it, Bob, right on post #2.

All you have to do is put your cursor over it and left click.

Go ahead.

I know you want to.

Companies can ban anyone they want if they are hearing feedback from their customers. Maybe that is what happened. I’m not saying it’s right but it happens daily . Twitter should ban Trump because the guy is a imbecile and lies all the time but I guess that will not happen lol.. No big deal to me Alex Jones is a A-hole. I’m still never going to his site.

Yes, that was part of it. "The Community" aka the collection of folks who have a destain for Trump and all things Trump-like. Thanks for proving the first line.

Last edited:
Yes, that was part of it. "The Community" aka the collection of folks who have a destain for Trump and all things Trump-like. Thanks for proving the first line.

Yeah well when a guy lies non-stop companies are going to get feedback. Not only does Trump lie but so does Alex Jones. So yeah there will be feedback . You act like I shut him down lol..
I wish I had that kind of power ..

What are some examples of "all things Trump-like"?

I think that lawyer, Michael Avanatti is a bit Trump like in his tweeting.

Yeah well when a guy lies non-stop companies are going to get feedback. Not only does Trump lie but so does Alex Jones. So yeah there will be feedback . You act like I shut him down lol..
I wish I had that kind of power ..

That's what CNN/MSNBC tells you all the time, I get it, but it's simply not the case. Context and the actual words are important not the edits, mashed ups and out of context innuendo. You already said you'll never go to his site so that right there tells me you never allow yourself to get the other side of the story.

Jones apologized and retracted Sandy Hook a long time ago, and he is not suing the parents, that is a TX default Law auto filing at which he waived. So much distortion of the facts and out of context CNN/MSNBC, progressive dem garbage

Here is a classic example. You live right here MI, Did you see the Shri commercial where he called Trump a racist? I don't think he is running it anymore probably due to massive backlash but the lovable guy talks about how he immigrated here 30 years ago built a nice business and stuff and that trumps says he's an infestation!

BS. Trump has NEVER said LEGAL immigrants are infestations! He just wants to get a damn handle on the borders what the hell is wrong with that. But gosh darn listen o CNN/MSBNC for a bit and you'd think he's the damn devil incarnate! He's separating families blah blah blah.. he's so evil, complete utter nonsense 92% of their trump coverage is negative!

Last edited:
What are some examples of "all things Trump-like"?

I think that lawyer, Michael Avanatti is a bit Trump like in his tweeting.

Sorry I don't keep up everyone, whatever he is saying about Trump on Twitter good for him I support his right to do so.

That's what CNN/MSNBC tells you all the time, I get it, but it's simply not the case. Context and the actual words are important not the edits, mashed ups and out of context innuendo. You already said you'll never go to his site so that right there tells me you never allow yourself to get the other side of the story.

Jones apologized and retracted Sandy Hook a long time ago, and he is not suing the parents, that is a TX default Law auto filing at which he waived. So much distortion of the facts and out of context CNN/MSNBC, progressive dem garbage

Here is a classic example. You live right here MI, Did you see the Shri commercial where he called Trump a racist? I don't think he is running it anymore probably due to massive backlash but the lovable guy talks about how he immigrated here 30 years ago built a nice business and stuff and that trumps says he's an infestation!

BS. Trump has NEVER said LEGAL immigrants are infestations! He just wants to get a damn handle on the borders what the hell is wrong with that. But gosh darn listen o CNN/MSBNC for a bit and you'd think he's the damn devil incarnate! He's separating families how he's so evil complete utter nonsense 92% of their trump coverage is negative!

Lol.
Just go look any fact check site that and see how much Jones and Trump lie .I never saw The ad from Shri as I Do not watch much local tv. But a guy who cannot call out Nazi?s needs to have his head eximined . Alex Jones should have been banned for what he said about the sandy hook kids but do not act like that is the only crap Jones has lied about . The dude is a piece of shit plain and simple and you reap what you sow. We need to follow the money and you probably will find the answer to why he was shut down. We do not agree so let?s just leave it at that.You can have your opinion and I can have mine. We just disagree .

It's not just getting a handle on the border. He wants to limit citizenship for legal immigrants too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/im...ts-limit-citizenship-legal-immigrants-n897931

Good! no problem there either, orderly manner please! as to not overwhelm the system. "if they have ever used a range of popular public welfare programs" IF IF IF, yes we can't continue to be the worlds welfare state now can we. That only leads to mutually assured misery for all IMO. I support this possible move by Trump. Keep up the great job Mr. Trump!

Now I'd love to stay and banter more with all you fine trump and jones haters but it's time for the jog and then later I'm going to watch the Tigers lose again so maybe tomorrow. Thanks for making my new thread so popular. sweet

Last edited:
Now I'd love to stay and banter more with all you fine trump and jones haters but it's time for the jog and then later I'm going to watch the Tigers lose again so maybe tomorrow. Thanks for making my new thread so popular. sweet

I?ll be joining you in a bit watching the Tigers lose again since they?re playing out in my town. I guess I?ll see you on the game thread.

Back