Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jameson Willams Suspended

Moving up to draft him. After 23 games as a Lion he will have a total of 1 catch. headache isn't a good word for him. As of now, bust is a better word.

Not really. The Lions knew they weren't going to get much from him last year. And there was absolutely no reason to rush the process with how well the offense was playing. Missing 6 games this year is going to suck and it's disappointing, no doubt.....but he is FAR from a bust at this point.

His 1st year is entirely on the Lions. They knew he was injured going in and would miss off-season workouts and training camp. I?m amazed he even played last season being a rookie having missed so much practice time.

It?s only a third of a season and he?ll still get to participate in off-season workouts and training camp. Not hitting the panic button until at least the end of this upcoming season. Who knows though, maybe he?ll wear jeans to the office on a day that isn?t casual Friday and be suspended for the rest of the season.

His 1st year is entirely on the Lions. They knew he was injured going in and would miss off-season workouts and training camp. I?m amazed he even played last season being a rookie having missed so much practice time.

It?s only a third of a season and he?ll still get to participate in off-season workouts and training camp. Not hitting the panic button until at least the end of this upcoming season. Who knows though, maybe he?ll wear jeans to the office on a day that isn?t casual Friday and be suspended for the rest of the season.

Right. I would love to know the story on how this was brought to the leagues attention.

Sounds like something a bitter ex girlfriend would "leak".

Not really. The Lions knew they weren't going to get much from him last year. And there was absolutely no reason to rush the process with how well the offense was playing. Missing 6 games this year is going to suck and it's disappointing, no doubt.....but he is FAR from a bust at this point.

at this point it is absolutely a bust of a pick. 1 catch in 23 games and you moved up to draft him?

After he serves his suspension, if he is as good as Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave, then it won't be a bust.

Right. I would love to know the story on how this was brought to the leagues attention.

Sounds like something a bitter ex girlfriend would "leak".

from what I understand, the gambling sites have a contract with the NFL. If any NFL player places a bet the league knows about it. Probably employees too.

Just a really stupid move on his part.

from what I understand, the gambling sites have a contract with the NFL. If any NFL player places a bet the league knows about it. Probably employees too.

Just a really stupid move on his part.

It's not that he gambled. The NFL is ok with that. It's that he did it while at the team facility......which seems really stupid.

Yes, he should know the rules......stupid or not......but shit, 6 games??? Watson got 10 for whippin his dick out to 30 different women.

It's not that he gambled. The NFL is ok with that. It's that he did it while at the team facility......which seems really stupid.

Yes, he should know the rules......stupid or not......but shit, 6 games??? Watson got 10 for whippin his dick out to 30 different women.

rules are rules

I can drink beer or smoke weed legally at home but would get fired if I did it at work.

He bet on college football?..I?m not sure that qualifies him as a headache.

B.
Your missing the point. Rules are rules. We know They are dumb.I said that.

Be he should have known the rules.
Makes me question his Desire to be a Detroit Lion. Missing another 6 games. Stupid. Plus his canned response was laughable coming from his management. Talk yourself. Look we all want him to work out he looks like a decent wr. But he seems just really stupid and immature.

Body language on draft day getting picked by Detroit.
Calling out your qb on the field.
Asking for the #1 jersey the moment you find out a teammate has been traded.
Liking a tweet about Lamar Jackson coming to Detroit.

My conspiracy theory on Williams is he is trying to find a way out of Detroit.

Last edited:
B.
Your missing the point. Rules are rules. We know They are dumb.I said that.

Be he should have known the rules.
Makes me question his Desire to be a Detroit Lion. Missing another 6 games. Stupid. Plus his canned response was laughable coming from his management. Talk yourself. Look we all want him to work out he looks like a decent wr. But he seems just really stupid and immature.

Body language on draft day getting picked by Detroit.
Calling out your qb on the field.
Asking for the #1 jersey the moment you find out a teammate has been traded.
Liking a tweet about Lamar Jackson coming to Detroit.

My conspiracy theory on Williams is he is trying to find a way out of Detroit.

Could be. Not sure anything you mentioned says "I want out".....especially in a day and age where guys ask publicly to be traded all the time. Why waste the effort and the money just to try to make a team get rid of you. You lose ALL your leverage doing that.

And I'm not missing any point....I've also said he should know the rules. He has what is likely a team of people in that building that could tell him he can't do that.

That being said.....making a few bets on college football games is NOT something that makes him a terrible person.

I don't recall calling out of QB on field, what are the details on that one?

I don't recall hearing about the twitter like of Jackson either if he did that then fk him!

Last edited:
Jameson Williams is a dumb ass... we all know that

But the nfl is just as dumb. You can sexually assault 30 women... in an NFL facility.... and get a 10 game suspension. You can bet on a college football game once in an NFL facility and get a 6 game suspension.

Fucking dumb...

Jameson Williams is a dumb ass... we all know that

But the nfl is just as dumb. You can sexually assault 30 women... in an NFL facility.... and get a 10 game suspension. You can bet on a college football game once in an NFL facility and get a 6 game suspension.

Fucking dumb...

All sports leagues take gambling very seriously because they think it can impact the "integrity of the game"

And technically, Watson didn't get caught doing anything, even though I think he is guilty as hell.

All sports leagues take gambling very seriously because they think it can impact the "integrity of the game"

And technically, Watson didn't get caught doing anything, even though I think he is guilty as hell.

Guilty of being young and rich. No way would I believe all these woman were ?victims of sexual assault?. They saw $$$$.

Guilty of being young and rich. No way would I believe all these woman were ?victims of sexual assault?. They saw $$$$.

I'm sure there were some that saw the lottery ticket...and others were likely assaulted in some form or another.

Could be. Not sure anything you mentioned says "I want out".....especially in a day and age where guys ask publicly to be traded all the time. Why waste the effort and the money just to try to make a team get rid of you. You lose ALL your leverage doing that.

And I'm not missing any point....I've also said he should know the rules. He has what is likely a team of people in that building that could tell him he can't do that.

That being said.....making a few bets on college football games is NOT something that makes him a terrible person.

If we had drafted a player the really contributed last season we may have made the playoffs.
So far Williams is a bust in my opinion

Back