Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jameson Willams Suspended

Better come back and have a big 11 games plus playoffs. Time to shine Jameson. I am betting he does well.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/06/jameson-williams-nfl-gambling-suspension-example

The NFL's suspension of Jameson Williams for sports betting looks increasingly unreasonable

I wonder why he hasn't appealed it? Even a reduction to 3 games would be outstanding. When I heard about what he did and got 6 games for......I figured it was his second violation and we just never heard of the original warning. 6 games seems a bit much for a first violation of such a dumb rule.

I wonder why he hasn't appealed it? Even a reduction to 3 games would be outstanding. When I heard about what he did and got 6 games for......I figured it was his second violation and we just never heard of the original warning. 6 games seems a bit much for a first violation of such a dumb rule.

a lot of rules are pretty dumb. but players that break them when they know what might happen, they are just as dumb.

Reactions: 503
a lot of rules are pretty dumb. but players that break them when they know what might happen, they are just as dumb.

If many many NFL players broke them though and the league just chose the Lions as the scapegoat, that is a huge problem and absolute bullshit. It is hard to believe based on that Athletic article, that Lions players were the only gamblers.

Once he gets on the field and has a 150yrd 2td game, all will be forgotten.

If many many NFL players broke them though and the league just chose the Lions as the scapegoat, that is a huge problem and absolute bullshit. It is hard to believe based on that Athletic article, that Lions players were the only gamblers.

The league wouldn?t and didn?t just chose the Lions. We just had the players making bets that were easily tracked back to them. It?s similar to players taking illegal substances, we all know there?s a large percentage of players putting something in their body but only a small amount are dumb enough to fail the piss test.

Last edited:
So 2024-'25 season.

He will have 11 chances plus playoffs this year

Tons of talent and healthy. Look forward to seeing him improve his route tree and hands and connection with Goff.

Expect a nice year from him and still have a 1,100 yard receiver on the roster in St Brown too. Josh Reynolds, Marvin Jones and Kalif Raymond are very nice 3rd-5th options at WR. We'll see what La Porta and Gibbs can do in the passing game too. Wright/Mitchell solid 2nd and 3rd TE options.

Great protection from Oline makes it easier too.

Very excited about this passing offense for 2023.

Now execute to the hype

Ignorance of a rule is not a good defense. I'd bet (see what I did there) that he was advised to take the pain and shut up about it. Maybe they had more on him which was not disclosed?

Ignorance of a rule is not a good defense. I'd bet (see what I did there) that he was advised to take the pain and shut up about it. Maybe they had more on him which was not disclosed?

Ray Rice knocked his gf the fuck out?.was caught on video?..got 2 games.

Donta Stallworth KILLED a man drunk driving. Got 16 games.

So legally betting on a sport is somewhere in between felony assault and vehicular homicide.

Got it.

Ray Rice knocked his gf the fuck out?.was caught on video?..got 2 games.

Donta Stallworth KILLED a man drunk driving. Got 16 games.

So legally betting on a sport is somewhere in between felony assault and vehicular homicide.

Got it.

I don?t think Ray Rice ever played an NFL game after that incident, could be wrong but I think that was a career ending KO for him.

Jamo was dumb enough to get caught. I?m gonna say it again, it?s similar to PEDs as we all know a lot of players use them, but it?s just a handful dumb enough to get caught.

Back