Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jussie Smollett Arrest and Charge

since they control the narrative particularly in the left leaning media and you know, you have the consensus among scientists, I think it's reasonable to say it would apply to more people.
That doesn't mean most people that believe in climate change believes that "If a hurricane hits landfall, climate change is undeniable".

Cool, that?s the press conference I couldn?t find! Doesn?t that Chicago police superintendent sound a lot like Ice Cube?

I guess police will try to figure out a motive for a crime, but we don?t know for sure exactly why Smollett did it.

Johnson did conclude with words to the effect that he was going to pray for the disturbed young man who would go to such drastic ends.

It really was a Bizzarre fucking thing for a guy who finally got his foot in the door to do.

that's not even close to backward thinking. The SPLC is a left wing activist group. The fact that they get an obvious one right (the KKK) doesn't give them any credibility or shift the burden of proof in any way. But unlike turd, I did read about patriot prayer after he posted the link. Did you? Do you have evidence to say they're right or is it just easier to hurl accusations about backward thinking?

Entirely flawed logic and I think it's why you kept digging.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ocn8j42t_s

Up until about a month ago he was a little known actor on the TV show Empire.

Very few people knew who he was until he made a police report to the Chicago Police Department about being assaulted for racial and homophobic motivations on the part of the assailants.

The Chicago police have just charged him with making a false police report.

This has been a huge news story for the better part of a month.

Thanks, but which of those 3 Geico actors is he?

That doesn't mean most people that believe in climate change believes that "If a hurricane hits landfall, climate change is undeniable".

it doesn't, but I'm willing to bet the assumption that more people on that side of the argument suffer confirmation bias than those opposed. The trope is used to impugn anyone opposed to these ideas as science deniers, when their side of the argument suffers the same bias, but likely in greater numbers.

it doesn't, but I'm willing to bet the assumption that more people on that side of the argument suffer confirmation bias than those opposed. The trope is used to impugn anyone opposed to these ideas as science deniers, when their side of the argument suffers the same bias, but likely in greater numbers.

Yeah. Willing to bet. Made up stat.

Yeah. Willing to bet. Made up stat.

again, not a stat. but yeah, I'm confident enough that it's true particularly when it comes to the anthropogenic cc argument since the science itself is unsettled but the consensus among Dems re: anthropogenic cc is much higher than the % of Republicans who deny it. Unless you think confirmation bias is a bigger problem among Republicans (do you have a stat for that or would you just be making it up?) then it's pretty likely the reverse would affect more people.

When you think about it, this dumbass was fairly well set. Well he wasn’t a big star, he had a pretty important role in that series, and Empire is surely going to go onto syndication.

Here is Taraji P Henson talking about Empires syndication future.

So even if Jussie never did anything going forward, you gotta think he’d be doing pretty well in residuals from Empire alone.

You've demonstrated it? Say what now?

right here...

that's not even close to backward thinking. The SPLC is a left wing activist group. The fact that they get an obvious one right (the KKK) doesn't give them any credibility or shift the burden of proof in any way. Do you need the SPLC to know the KKK is a hate group? If the SPLC gets a lot of them wrong due to their leftist agenda, does that mean we have to assume they're wrong about everything? This is the type of backward logic that allows people to label everyone who supports securing the border a racist because white supremacists also support securing the border.

Unlike turd, I did read about patriot prayer after he posted the link. Did you? Do you have evidence to say the SPLC is right or is it just easier to hurl accusations about backward thinking?

plus you ignored all the supporting evidence I posted about the founder's stated positions which don't in any way support the SPLC's conclusion about them. You also had to ignore all the prior context - this isn't the first time the credibility of the SPLC has been called into question on this board.

again, not a stat. but yeah, I'm confident enough that it's true particularly when it comes to the anthropogenic cc argument since the science itself is unsettled but the consensus among Dems re: anthropogenic cc is much higher than the % of Republicans who deny it. Unless you think confirmation bias is a bigger problem among Republicans (do you have a stat for that or would you just be making it up?) then it's pretty likely the reverse would affect more people.

a>b is a stat, but whatever, is "made up fact" better? How are you the one that accuses me of being nitpicky? It doesn't matter what you call it, you know what I mean.

And no. I don't know what side is more impacted by confirmation bias. I don't know who knows what and how do you score it if someone believes in something both because they know of some fact and because they also have confirmation bias? But I'm not the one making up claims about hard to measure stuff.

right here...

plus you ignored all the supporting evidence I posted about the founder's stated positions which don't in any way support the SPLC's conclusion about them. You also had to ignore all the prior context - this isn't the first time the credibility of the SPLC has been called into question on this board.

I responded before the edit. But this thing you're bolding. It's not about a claim that I made. You're off base here.

a>b is a stat, but whatever, is "made up fact" better? How are you the one that accuses me of being nitpicky? It doesn't matter what you call it, you know what I mean.

And no. I don't know what side is more impacted by confirmation bias. I don't know who knows what and how do you score it if someone believes in something both because they know of some fact and because they also have confirmation bias? But I'm not the one making up claims about hard to measure stuff.

maybe because you take a single line from a post, ignoring all the facts that support it then make a nonsensical argument that I was using backward logic because the SPLC, who labels pretty much every non-leftist group a hate group, gets a couple obvious ones right. They also label a couple of leftist groups as hate groups. That doesn't mean they're not agenda driven partisan hacks. they have no credibility even if they got it right about the KKK.

maybe because you take a single line from a post, ignoring all the facts that support it then make a nonsensical argument that I was using backward logic because the SPLC, who labels pretty much every non-leftist group a hate group, gets a couple obvious ones right. They also label a couple of leftist groups as hate groups. That doesn't mean they're not agenda driven partisan hacks. they have no credibility even if they got it right about the KKK.

You brought SPLC into this so you could be sarcastic about them being racist. That was the whole post I replied to.

I responded before the edit. But this thing you're bolding. It's not about a claim that I made. You're off base here.

Seems pretty clear to me you made that claim...

This is some backwards thinking - pointing to a SPLC label to defend a group. The KKK is also labeled by the SPLC as a hate group. So we should assume the KKK is OK?

Saying the SPLC has no credibility, particularly given we've gone over this in detail and my position on the SPLC should be known to you from other discussions, doesn't mean they got everything wrong. Even a broken clock is right 2x a day, right? Seems nonsensical and nit picky.

Last edited:
Damn, I just called in to try to get on the radio with Jillian Barberie to make my joke about these two Nigerian brothers also being the voices on the Milli Vanilli songs from back in the 80s, but they couldn’t squeeze my call in.

But that’s OK, I should get my chance soon-this story ain’t going anywhere.

Back