Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jussie Smollett Arrest and Charge

Seems pretty clear to me you made that claim...
The point I'm making there is that the SPLC saying they are bad does not prove they are good. It doesn't mean they are bad, it just means it's backwards to point to that to make fun of the idea.

You made the strawman argument you wish someone would make and then reacted to it.

Damn, I just called in to try to get on the radio with Jillian Barberie to make my joke about these two Nigerian brothers also being the voices on the Milli Vanilli songs from back in the 80s, but they couldn?t squeeze my call in.

But that?s OK, I should get my chance soon-this story ain?t going anywhere.

So...uhhh....I confess. I don't get it.

Damn, I just called in to try to get on the radio with Jillian Barberie to make my joke about these two Nigerian brothers also being the voices on the Milli Vanilli songs from back in the 80s, but they couldn’t squeeze my call in.

But that’s OK, I should get my chance soon-this story ain’t going anywhere.

yeah, too much to unfold here. anyone want to lay odds that he and possibly the Nigerian brothers were also the ones who sent the letter w/ the ground up Aspirin to the set of Empire? Apparently, he staged the assault hoax because he was disappointed that the letter didn't get more attention. This would be sad if it wasn't so funny, I mean this would be funny if it wasn't so sad - sorry, I got that backwards.

Last edited:
The point I'm making there is that the SPLC saying they are bad does not prove they are good. It doesn't mean they are bad, it just means it's backwards to point to that to make fun of the idea.

You made the strawman argument you wish someone would make and then reacted to it.

the point I was making is if you post stories here about cops being racist because A cop texted with a group that is labeled far right by the SPLC, do a little digging because the SPLC has no credibility - unless the group is the KKK or the Arian Brotherhood, then they're super credible.

the point I was making is if you post stories here about cops being racist because A cop texted with a group that is labeled far right by the SPLC...

Except nobody did this. You brought up SPLC.

edit: you mean in the article don't you. ok. That changes thing. Still don't see how you thought I said anything backwards, but technically, if you're arguing with some detail in the article, I shouldn't call it a strawman.

Last edited:
yeah, too much to unfold here. anyone want to lay odds that he and possibly the Nigerian brothers were also the ones who sent the letter w/ the ground up Aspirin to the set of Empire? Apparently, he staged the assault hoax because he was disappointed that the letter didn't get more attention. This would be sad if it wasn't so funny, I mean this would be funny if it wasn't so sad - sorry, I got that backwards.

?Humor is tragedy plus time.?-Often attributed to Mark Twain

So...uhhh....I confess. I don't get it.

it's solid gold - follow up to a top 3 post of 2019. I'm saddened to know it's not universally understood.

The pop duo Milli Vanilli made up of Fabrice Morvan and Robert Somethingorother, was a hoax. They were French guys - not sure if they were Gay Frogs, but Frogs who could barely speak English, let alone sing. the joke is the real singers were the same guys involved in the Smollet hoax.

Last edited:
Except nobody did this. You brought up SPLC.

edit: you mean in the article don't you. ok.

I do mean the article. I'm certain, even if it's not cited in the article, the far right label comes from the SPLC. Is there another organization that tracks hate I'm not aware of? I read the article but don't recall if it the label was sourced.

Last edited:
it's solid gold - follow up to a top 3 post of 2019. I'm saddened to know it's not universally understood.

The pop duo Milli Vanilli made up of Fabrice Morvan and Robert Somethingorother, was a hoax. They were French guys - not sure if they were Gay Frogs, but Frogs who could barely speak English. the joke is the real singers were the same guys involved in the Smollet hoax.

Yes-but that’s a joke-of course it wasn’t them. I doubt they were even born then.

EDIT: Jussie would have been about 10 when he was in Disney’s The Mighty Ducks in 1992.

He’s the kid in the middle. The name is supposed to be highlighted with the link but it’s not appearing on the link that I posted, for whatever reason.

Last edited:
I'm certain, even if it's not cited in the article, the far right label comes from the SPLC. Is there another organization that tracks hate I'm not aware of?
Yeah, I just went back and looked at the article again. It's not there. It says SPLC says it's not unusual for police to talk to protesters. Shortly after that it says Patriot Prayer is not considered a hate group, they just have members that align themselves with hate groups.

Yes-but that?s a joke-of course it wasn?t them. I doubt they were even born then.

I know - I think the actual singers were Americans. Wikipedia doesn't say but one of them, Charles Shaw is an army vet. That doesn't mean he wasn't born in Nigeria, of course - I mean Obama was and he skipped over the army and went straight to the White House. Well, I guess the Senate first, but then straight to the White House. Possibly the first Nigerian born person to ever do that.

Last edited:
Yes-but that’s a joke-of course it wasn’t them. I doubt they were even born then.

EDIT: Jussie would have been about 10 when he was in Disney’s The Mighty Ducks in 1992.

He’s the kid in the middle. The name is supposed to be highlighted with the link but it’s not appearing on the link that I posted, for whatever reason.

never saw the movie - I was too old for it and decades away from having kids. In fact my much younger wife, who you've met, was in middle school when it came out. The same middle school as Vincent LaRusso, who played Adam Banks. Her entire 8th grade class went to the local movie theater w/ Vinny to see the movie when it came out. I don't think Jussie was there.

Edit: my wife tells me his character is the ringer that joins the Ducks late, but then gets hurt and can't play, forcing the star of the movie (after Martin Sheen's other son, of course) to step up and git 'er done.

Last edited:
never saw the movie - I was too old for it and decades away from having kids. In fact my much younger wife, who you've met, was in middle school when it came out. The same middle school as Vincent LaRusso, who played Adam Banks. Her entire 8th grade class went to the local movie theater w/ Vinny to see the movie when it came out. I don't think Jussie was there.

Yes, I never saw it, I was also too old for it when it came out.

I didn?t know who Jussie Smollett was until this recent event. I found out he was in the Mighty
Ducks when I looked him up on IMDb.

What a dumbass this guy is-he must have a screw loose or something. He could?ve been riding the residual train to a nice base income on the strength of Empire alone.

Yes, I never saw it, I was also too old for it when it came out.

I didn?t know who Jussie Smollett was until this recent event. I found out he was in the Mighty
Ducks when I looked him up on IMDb.

What a dumbass this guy is-he must have a screw loose or something. He could?ve been riding the residual train to a nice base income on the strength of Empire alone.

yep, total dumbass. He's throwing it all away trying to prove the country in which was able to achieve all that as an openly gay black man is so violently racist because 'Trump'.

yep, total dumbass. He's throwing it all away trying to prove the country in which was able to achieve all that as an openly gay black man is so violently racist because 'Trump'.

Right now the police believe it was to promote his career.

EDIT: I should say that’s what they’re saying they believe. Obviously, I don’t know what they believe.

Last edited:
Right now the police believe it was to promote his career.

not sure which is worse - being motivated by politics or by self promotion. If it's the latter, the former is at least a secondary motivating factor in this case.

I look forward to the pundits, talking heads and Hollywood thought leaders backtracking but qualifying their backtracks with "but Trump is still a racist, sexist, homophobe."

Last edited:
not sure which is worse - being motivated by politics or by self promotion. If it's the latter, the former is at least a secondary motivating factor in this case.

I look forward to the pundits, talking heads and Hollywood thought leaders backtracking but qualifying their backtracks with "but Trump is still a racist, sexist, homophobe."

Well right now, I?ve heard social commentators who comment on Hollywood a lot-Harvey Levin, Jillian Barberie, Leo Terrell-and they?re all pissed off at him. We?ll see who says what next.

As far as politics being at least part of this, that is a distinct possibility. A year ago he released the song FUW That was distinctly anti-Trump. I?m going to post a video with the lyrics and then the video with the imagery.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cyxD8IcCzEo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O2WjyxR79Bc

Trump is such a homophobe jackass

I wonder how much coverage CNN/MSNBC have given trump for this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...isation-campaign-administration-a8787446.html

I'll bet ZIP NADDA!

MSM = Political activist angry people that still can't get over shills losing.

Last edited:
Back