Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jussie Smollett Arrest and Charge

The Billboard had a man and a woman staring down the viewer like a couple pyschopaths (I assume the guy was Jussie Smollett?), with a couple lions sitting next to them, and it said "Welcome to the Lyons' Den"... from which I gathered their name was "Lyon" and it was a show about a couple pyschopaths

You would assume incorrectly.

The guy would have been Terrence Howard. I would be surprised if you don’t recognize that name, and I would be more surprised if, going to his imdb page And looking at his acting credits you don’t recognize a film you’ve seen; especially “Get Rich or Die Tryin’” with rapper 50 Cent, “Hustle and Flow,” for which he was nominated for the Academy award, and “Crash.” He is a big big star. He is the lead character. Smollder is a supporting character.

The woman would be Taraji P Henson. She plays Lyon’s wife. She is the shows lead actress and she is also a big star. She was nominated for an Oscar for “the Curious Case of Benjamin Button.”

She recently portrayed the historic Katherine Johnson of NASA, in the very successful and Critically acclaimed biopic “Hidden Figures.”

This was a breakout role for Smollett. It didn’t make him a household name but he was making about 1, million and 1/2 to 2 million $ a year, the show is about to go into syndication which would make it basically a lifetime residual for everybody involved, including Smollett, and Possibly he would have gone from this role to bigger things.

I don’t know if it was politically motivated or it was for attention or some combination of that, but whatever, his act was insane. There is something wrong with the guy. There was only about a 1% chance that anything good could have come of that for him, and 99% chance it would go south like it did.

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever seen a billboard advertising a TV show. Anyway, they aren't targeting your demographic for this show...they are targeting the African American audience.

Wow.

Pretty much every other billboard where I live is either for a TV show or a movie.

just more lies - people in the City of Chicago are furious about the wrongful death payments which get paid on virtually every officer involved shooting, the overwhelming majority of which are justified. but that doesn't matter, the deceased family sues, they get paid - every time. The police are pissed about it, taxpayers are pissed about it. Maybe the mayor and other elected officials don't care because they need to get reelected in a city where 80% of the voters think they're targets for murder happy police because people like you tell them they are.

The idea that no one was harmed here is absurd. They may not be specific, like in the case of the dook lacrosse team or the UVA frat boys but just because they're diffuse, doesn't mean there's no harm done. This bull shit narrative you and your ilk push about Trump stoking racism has completed divided this country. Every bit of it that has been offered as proof has been bull shit, but it's still being pushed time and again, hoax after hoax. The fact that you never heard about it before seeing this thread (an obvious lie) doesn't make it no big deal.

you are a big crybaby

please, I couldn't be less emotional about any of this. you on the other had are a tubbie little bitch of a manboy - you make hipsters look tough (and less whiny).

u seemed pretty upset in your post. maybe don't write so angry, and don't write so much next time.

nice original thought, that's what I just said you were doing.

No, if you look back on this same page, I called you a crybaby, you denied it, then I told you that your post seemed angry, and you pulled an "i know you are but what am I?" comeback, and that's when I said you were projecting.

No, if you look back on this same page, I called you a crybaby, you denied it, then I told you that your post seemed angry, and you pulled an "i know you are but what am I?" comeback, and that's when I said you were projecting.

you don't know when to quit do you? you've always been a couple steps behind.

that was last night? i thought i saw a headline about Chris Rock making Jussie Smollet joke last week.

He might have done that too, but that is from the NAACP awards that happened last night. Smollett had been nominated for an award but didn?t show.

The producers of the show asked the presenters not to comment on the Smollett situation.

For Chris Rock, that?s like throwing a steak in front of a tiger and asking him not to eat it.

He might have done that too, but that is from the NAACP awards that happened last night. Smollett had been nominated for an award but didn?t show.

The producers of the show asked the presenters not to comment on the Smollett situation.

For Chris Rock, that?s like throwing a steak in front of a tiger and asking him not to eat it.

I must have had a premonition about the headline then.

From the eternally left leaning and always and forever PC SNL this weekend:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TRhb8aq5T2c&t=4s

Well unlike the house dems at least they know when to back down a little bit eh. I suspect it'll be short lived though, after the full report and still nothing burger it'll be back to southern district southern district, taxes, how come he won't release those taxes! Funny thing is southern district is probably worrisome but by the time they get back to that montra the cry wolf will have set in, Trump 2020 I hope.. I was kinda hoping Biden would run and beat sanders at least but doesn't look like that's going to happen now ol' creepy uncle joe and all his touchy feeley coming back around now in these days of me too BS.

Last edited:
Well unlike the house dems at least they know when to back down a little bit eh. I suspect it'll be short lived though, after the full report and still nothing burger it'll be back to southern district southern district, taxes, how come he won't release those taxes! Funny thing is southern district is probably worrisome but by the time they get back to that montra the cry wolf will have set in, Trump 2020 I hope.. I was kinda hoping Biden would run and beat sanders at least but doesn't look like that's going to happen now ol' creepy uncle joe and all his touchy feeley coming back around now in these days of me too BS.

yeah, it's too bad a sitting senator pressuring banks to give a bad loan to the college his wife runs (after she lied on the loan application) for projects that ended up bankrupting said college (because she lied on the loan application) and the wife losing her job but getting a $200k golden parachute payment from a functionally bankrupt college doesn't disqualify that senator from running for president.

Last edited:
From the eternally left leaning and always and forever PC SNL this weekend:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TRhb8aq5T2c&t=4s

if that's the jussie smollet skit (can't see it at work), I saw that and thought it was pretty funny. The twitter reaction was pretty interesting - everything from they went too far to going way too easy on him. You'd think people would have better things to do with their time - like post on DSF about people wasting time.

if that's the jussie smollet skit (can't see it at work), I saw that and thought it was pretty funny. The twitter reaction was pretty interesting - everything from they went too far to going way too easy on him. You'd think people would have better things to do with their time - like post on DSF about people wasting time.

Did the one you saw have Sandra Oh playing his agent in it?

That was the one I posted.

Back