Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions 2021 Predictions

LKP

Lions 5-12
Win 5 close, lose 9 close, blown out in 3 games. It's progress actually

Goff 64% 4,000 yards 26 TDs 14 ints 95 QB Rating (with solid run game and good Oline improving as season goes on). Plus some bad fumbles lost. Very likely could be below average with mid 80s QB rating too if WRs don't play well and Oline not as good as expected. Goff good in 10 games, bad in 7 games overall

Lions 15-17th in rushing with 1,800 yards

Tyrell Williams 900 yards 6 TDs
Hock 900 yards 10 TDs
St Brown 750 yards 4 TDs
Raymond/Cephus 400 yards 2 TDs
Swift 500 yards 3 TDs receiving
Benson 250 yards 1 TD
Jamaal 200 yards 0 TD
Fells 100 yards 0 TD

Defense improved but can't make the stop when needed and don't force many turnovers. Owkara 10 sacks, Flowers 8 sacks, J Owkara 4 sacks, Brockers 2, McNeil 2, Levi 3, Williams 3, LBs 5, DBs 4, Hand 2. 43 sacks for the Lions

Defense Force 22 turnovers

Rams with Stafford make playoffs and win one wild card playoff game but fall in divisional round. Mid 20s pick for Detroit from Rams

Last edited:
4-13

Goff 3900 yards, 20TD, 18INT, 64% comp due to dump downs to RBs
Hock 900 / 8
Williams 800 / 5
Brown 600 / 3
Swift/WIlliams 700 / 3

Nobody on the Lions will have more than 8 sacks. Total of 38 sacks

Offense finishes in the bottom 10
Defense finishes in the bottom 10

Lions have top 3 pick next year.

Out on a limb prediction...Williams leads the team in rushing as Swift can't stay healthy.

Last edited:
5-12

0-5 start, first win against the Bengals.

Get embarrassed on MNF against the Packers, same with the Rams.

Think they go on a mini-run in December to hurt their draft position.

D-line surprises but the defense overall still finishes bottom 3, primarily due to linebackers and secondary struggles/growing pains.

Offense is going to be a slow grind, expecting either 3 and outs or 10 minute drives. I?ll be shocked if they average more than 20 points a game, especially with unknown kickers.

Jack Fox is the Lions MVP

4 - 13

Swift can do well if he stays healthy. I think we need him to be a 1000 yard back if we want to have any success.

1003 yards, 8 Tds

St Brown catches the most balls at WR. 64 Catches, 770 yds, 4 TDs

Hock 84 catches, 900 yards, 8tds

Defense sucks across the board proving that Holmes should stop picking fat slow DTs if he wants to get pressure on the QB.

Dline sucks, LBs suck, Secondary sucks.

Fox team MVP.

First team to go 0-17.

Hey, this way any victory exceeds my expectations and I am happy for it!

Also, Rams win SB so Lions get screwed on their 2nd R1 pick, giving them basically R2 1a and 1b picks.

Last edited:
First team to go 0-17.

Hey, this way any victory exceeds my expectations and I am happy for it!

Also, Rams win SB so Lions get screwed on their 2nd R1 pick, giving them basically R2 1a and 1b picks.

More People may want to trade into pick 32 so that could be helpful.l than an earlier pick..And with back to back picks would be good to trade down to top 10 in round 2 for more picks. Feel like around pick 20 and pick 32 always have similar draft grades going in

More People may want to trade into pick 32 so that could be helpful.l than an earlier pick..And with back to back picks would be good to trade down to top 10 in round 2 for more picks. Feel like around pick 20 and pick 32 always have similar draft grades going in

Come on, we all know the way the Lions work the Draft. They will use both of those and probably even more picks to move up into higher R1 position, and then pick a guy who would have been available on Day 3.

Come on, we all know the way the Lions work the Draft. They will use both of those and probably even more picks to move up into higher R1 position, and then pick a guy who would have been available on Day 3.

Holmes hasn't done that. Stood pat in Round 1, 2,3 and original Round 4. Gave up future 4th/5th and 7th for Barnes so basically used the 4th early on a good player and need knowing he is getting 3 comp picks in 2022 plus extra 1st. 5th and 7th for Trinity but gets a 6th 2023. Traded late pick for vet, that has worked in the past (Rob Sims, Shaun Hill, Chris Houston etc)

Quinn never moved up either in Round 1 (did move up for Kerryon in Round 2 2018 and gave up a 4th to do so to move up 8 spots) Traded down and got Golladay too in 2017 (got a 4th from the swap of 3rds). Gave up future 3rd 2019 for an extra 4th to take Hand in 2018 (the 4th we lost from Kerryon trade) too but recouped 3rd trading Golden Tate and 5th for Quandre Diggs. So picks were gained not lost overall.

Mayhew in 2010 moved up into Round 1 from pick 33 Round 2 for Best in like 2010 draft (but just swapped 4ths) but didn't in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 (traded down spots not up) drafts. So moved up once (2010) but didn't lose mid round picks at all, just a 7th in 2010.

So Lions more likely to stand pat or trade back at pick 32 especially if they have pick 33.

Last edited:
3-14

Goff is ok.

4,150 yds - 25 TD - 16 INT but only averages about 6.8 yards/throw. Lots of dump downs. Basically, a slightly more talented "Dumpdown" Joey Harrington.

OL disappoints early but comes on as the year progresses.

Swift only plays 8 games. 550 rushing 350 receiving - 5 TD
Williams - 740 rushing - 400 receiving - 8 TD

Wide Receivers are below average

Williams only plays 11 games - 590 Yds - 3TD
ASB learns how to play the slot - 72 catches - 690 Yds - 4 TD
Raymond surprises - 42 catches - 720 yds - 3 TD
Hock takes the "next step" - 80 catches - 910 - 7TD
Benson/Hodge/Cephus - About 200 yds each - 4 total TD

I may be way off on Raymond over Cephus.....I just like his RAC ability and he will play the role of the GO WR.

Defense is awful - DL surprises with solid to even good play.....but it becomes clear the LB's and DB's are killing us. Really hoping that Okudah rises to the next level and shows some ability to be a true #1....but I'm not holding my breath.

R. Okwara finishes with 12 sacks....nobody else (DL) has more than 4. Flowers is trash.
Barnes finds a role as blitzing LB and gets 6.
Walker plays solid football. Collins too. But there are 4-5 starters that will get exposed as weaknesses and that is WAY too many in the NFL in 2021. Even solid OC's will eat that alive.

Lions get #2 overall pick. (Houston)

Overall defense finishes 29th.

Lions get outscored 345 - 520

Last edited:
heard some rumors about Swift being involved in some murder investigation. That could change my predictions about his yards and TDs

Where did you hear that? Couldn't find a thing online.

two different guys in my golf league last night told me about it. I looked online and it looks like there were some rumors swirling around. It appears that some tip came in to the Philly PD but it didn't go anywhere.

Decker hurt finger. Might have surgery. Missing Week 1 and we'll see how long he is out. Sunday is going to be ugly if Bosa, Ford and Armstead are teeing off even more

Decker hurt finger. Might have surgery. Missing Week 1 and we'll see how long he is out. Sunday is going to be ugly if Bosa, Ford and Armstead are teeing off even more

I think it was going to be ugly regardless.

Those guys are going to be golfing instead of playing in the game?

That should be good the Lions.

Back