Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions 2021 Predictions

I think it was going to be ugly regardless.

Yeah....guess we'll see if their decision to release Crosby was the right one. He was a solid NFL swing T on a cheap contract....let's see how well a rookie (Sewell) and a backup hold up to those DE's.

Yeah....guess we'll see if their decision to release Crosby was the right one. He was a solid NFL swing T on a cheap contract....let's see how well a rookie (Sewell) and a backup hold up to those DE's.

Crosby was waived injured too though. So two big injuries to Lions tackles really. Dan Skipper too but not so much.

Got the depth with Sewell and Vaitai. We'll see if they go Nelson or Holden though. Nightmare when about to face Bosa

Decker officially out. Crosby and Skipper cut while hurt. Sewell moving to LT it seems
Hand on IR. Nick Williams, Onwuzurike, Brockers all questionable.

Tackle and DE are nice and hurt already

Going to be ugly on Sunday

Decker officially out. Crosby and Skipper cut while hurt. Sewell moving to LT it seems

just like most Sundays over the past 6 decades

Crosby was waived injured too though. So two big injuries to Lions tackles really. Dan Skipper too but not so much.

Got the depth with Sewell and Vaitai. We'll see if they go Nelson or Holden though. Nightmare when about to face Bosa

Let the excuses for the pending wk1 loss begin! Poor lions always just a victim of that darn injury bug otherwise true champion!

Good thing we addressed both sides of the line in the first 3 rounds!

Decker to ir. Out probably 3 to 4 games..trial by fire at lt for sewell

Let the excuses for the pending wk1 loss begin! Poor lions always just a victim of that darn injury bug otherwise true champion!

49ers healthier team. And the better one. Gonna be ugly with or without decker

Crown the 49ers right now

3-14

Goff is ok.

4,150 yds - 25 TD - 16 INT but only averages about 6.8 yards/throw. Lots of dump downs. Basically, a slightly more talented "Dumpdown" Joey Harrington.

OL disappoints early but comes on as the year progresses.

Swift only plays 8 games. 550 rushing 350 receiving - 5 TD
Williams - 740 rushing - 400 receiving - 8 TD

Wide Receivers are below average

Williams only plays 11 games - 590 Yds - 3TD
ASB learns how to play the slot - 72 catches - 690 Yds - 4 TD
Raymond surprises - 42 catches - 720 yds - 3 TD
Hock takes the "next step" - 80 catches - 910 - 7TD
Benson/Hodge/Cephus - About 200 yds each - 4 total TD

I may be way off on Raymond over Cephus.....I just like his RAC ability and he will play the role of the GO WR.

Defense is awful - DL surprises with solid to even good play.....but it becomes clear the LB's and DB's are killing us. Really hoping that Okudah rises to the next level and shows some ability to be a true #1....but I'm not holding my breath.

R. Okwara finishes with 12 sacks....nobody else (DL) has more than 4. Flowers is trash.
Barnes finds a role as blitzing LB and gets 6.
Walker plays solid football. Collins too. But there are 4-5 starters that will get exposed as weaknesses and that is WAY too many in the NFL in 2021. Even solid OC's will eat that alive.

Lions get #2 overall pick. (Houston)

Overall defense finishes 29th.

Lions get outscored 345 - 520

Close!

4 - 13

Swift can do well if he stays healthy. I think we need him to be a 1000 yard back if we want to have any success.

1003 yards, 8 Tds

St Brown catches the most balls at WR. 64 Catches, 770 yds, 4 TDs

Hock 84 catches, 900 yards, 8tds

Defense sucks across the board proving that Holmes should stop picking fat slow DTs if he wants to get pressure on the QB.

Dline sucks, LBs suck, Secondary sucks.

Fox team MVP.

Pretty much....

Swift did a little less than I thought due to injury. St brown a little more. Missed by a half game.

Both Bears games, Vikings first game, Steelers game, Falcons game, Browns game, Ravens game

Plus 3 wins

This injury riddled rebuild team could have been 10-7

Both Bears games, Vikings first game, Steelers game, Falcons game, Browns game, Ravens game

Plus 3 wins

This injury riddled rebuild team could have been 10-7

This was a prediction thread not an excuse thread

Reactions: 503
This was a prediction thread not an excuse thread

I said 5-12 and was pretty spot on for Goff and the closeness of games

No excuses. Some poor coaching and injuries and they need more talent

Cant wait for offseason and 2022

Lions 5-12
Win 5 close, lose 9 close, blown out in 3 games. It's progress actually

Goff 64% 4,000 yards 26 TDs 14 ints 95 QB Rating (with solid run game and good Oline improving as season goes on). Plus some bad fumbles lost. Very likely could be below average with mid 80s QB rating too if WRs don't play well and Oline not as good as expected. Goff good in 10 games, bad in 7 games overall

Lions 15-17th in rushing with 1,800 yards

Tyrell Williams 900 yards 6 TDs
Hock 900 yards 10 TDs
St Brown 750 yards 4 TDs
Raymond/Cephus 400 yards 2 TDs
Swift 500 yards 3 TDs receiving
Benson 250 yards 1 TD
Jamaal 200 yards 0 TD
Fells 100 yards 0 TD

Defense improved but can't make the stop when needed and don't force many turnovers. Owkara 10 sacks, Flowers 8 sacks, J Owkara 4 sacks, Brockers 2, McNeil 2, Levi 3, Williams 3, LBs 5, DBs 4, Hand 2. 43 sacks for the Lions

Defense Force 22 turnovers

Rams with Stafford make playoffs and win one wild card playoff game but fall in divisional round. Mid 20s pick for Detroit from Rams

Goff 91.5 rating instead of 95. Close. Missed some games too for the yards. Less picks. Lions overall had 23 passing Tds though

Lions had 1,886 rush yards. Good for 19th so nailed that one

5-12 vs 3-13-1. Clearly at least 2 games Lions could have won (Ravens record, Vikings 1st game long FG, both Bears games, at Falcons pick at 2 yard line, Steelers tie, Browns loss refusing to pass with Boyle, 49ers comeback down to 25 yard line etc etc).

Lions forced 19 turnovers not 22 but had the onside kicks which don't count for turnovers.

Rams made playoffs. We'll see if they win an drop in div round

34 sacks not 43 but Lions clearly had Romeo Okwara and Flowers and my boy Hand hurt most of the year

Hock injury in there for his yards and TDs. St Brown exceeded all of us and Ty Williams hurt Week 1 for season. Cephus hurt too but Reynolds a nice additon

Can't wait until they add a number 1 WR to add to Brown, Hock, Swift, Cephus and hopefully Reynolds and Raymond back cheap

St. Brown 75.6% completion rate. Tells me he runs good routes and gets open. 4th best, Very good. In comparison Kupp was at 75.9%.

St. Brown 75.6% completion rate. Tells me he runs good routes and gets open. 4th best, Very good. In comparison Kupp was at 75.9%.

St Brown is a really good WR. I said in another thread, he reminds me of a slightly smaller Devante Adams the way he runs routes and the way he catches the ball. I think he will be a very productive WR...possibly top 15 in the league.

Back