Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions 2021 Predictions

Both Bears games, Vikings first game, Steelers game, Falcons game, Browns game, Ravens game

Plus 3 wins

This injury riddled rebuild team could have been 10-7

Back to your old tricks again, I see.

If you just talked football and not the idiotic conspiracy theories you spew, people on this board would take you a lot more seriously.

But crap like "could have been 10-7" just makes people laugh at you and disregard anything you say in the future. This team was NOWHER CLOSE to 10-7. They were closer to 1-16 than anything.

This season, every team played through injuries AND covid. Our lack of depth really hurt and helped us. Without injury we wouldn't have discovered Jerry Jacobs, Evan Brown, either Reynolds (Craig or Josh) or maybe even Jalen Reeves-Maybin. All players that will add plus depth or even become starters for the next 1-4 years. That helps the rebuild a lot.

But we were not close to winning 10 games. At all.

Back to your old tricks again, I see.

If you just talked football and not the idiotic conspiracy theories you spew, people on this board would take you a lot more seriously.

But crap like "could have been 10-7" just makes people laugh at you and disregard anything you say in the future. This team was NOWHER CLOSE to 10-7. They were closer to 1-16 than anything.

This season, every team played through injuries AND covid. Our lack of depth really hurt and helped us. Without injury we wouldn't have discovered Jerry Jacobs, Evan Brown, either Reynolds (Craig or Josh) or maybe even Jalen Reeves-Maybin. All players that will add plus depth or even become starters for the next 1-4 years. That helps the rebuild a lot.

But we were not close to winning 10 games. At all.

its weird to say this cause none of them are good. But i like our CBs lol. Amani, Okudah, Ife, Jacobs, Parker. I think they roll with that group going into next year. Crazy cause it was such a sore spot this year and all we did was add some UDFAs....but they showed potential.

its weird to say this cause none of them are good. But i like our CBs lol. Amani, Okudah, Ife, Jacobs, Parker. I think they roll with that group going into next year. Crazy cause it was such a sore spot this year and all we did was add some UDFAs....but they showed potential.

Did Okudah improve? Maybe he did because he was terrible year 1. But this "its weird to say this cause none of them are good. But I like our CBs lol. " Lol.

We need a S, a LB, DE, WR. That would be my top 4 position, and we need a RB.

I think there is a lot of potential at the CB position. We could already have our next 5-7 years of solid starters at CB. But the scary part about potential is that it is not always realized. We could has no one of starting potential.
I would focus the draft on Edge, WR, Safety and LBs. Day 3 is for depth anywhere on the field.

Rather get an actual good vet corner to the mix too. Parker didnt grade out well. AO either but improved secomd half and had some big playmaking picks.Jacobs did well. Ife average. All can improve. Plus will see how achilles effects Okudah. Thats 5 cbs right there though so only need one more for roster

Okudah is closer to not picking up 5th year option than being any good.

One negative is i think we all thought our run game could be a little more consistent. I wouldnt say we ran the ball very well this year. We improved....but it wasnt this drastic change into a being a great running team. Ragnow going down hurt that. Sewell started slow...got a lot better throughout the year.

Not sure how i feel about the backs. I think getting an OC in here that can figure out how to use Swift and Williams on the field together more would be a good thing. Something about Swift being hesitant to hit a hole irks me. Its not that hes being a "patient runner"...id say its more being timid. His value is in the pass game. Williams hits a hole but they tend to stack the box more when hes in. I just think the offense could be more versatile if they were both in more and the D wouldnt know what to key on.

Back