Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions 2021 Schedule

Rough start....I think the back half isn't bad.

49ers h
Pack a
Bal h
Chi a
Min a
Cin h
La a
Phi h
Bye
Pit a
Cle a
Chi h Thanksgiving
Min h
Den a
Ari h
Atl a
Sea a
Gb h

Last edited:
Rough start....I think the back half isn't bad.

49ers h
Pack a
Bal h
Chi a
Min a
Cin h
La a
Phi h
Bye
Pit a
Cle a
Chi h Thanksgiving
Min h
Den a
Ari h
Atl a
Sea a
Gb h

4-13

Wins against Chicago, Atlanta, Cincy and Philly.

3rd overall pick.

4-6 wins most probable

10 if Oline top 5 with really good running game under Lynn, coaching is great on O and D, Rodgers doesn't play for Green Bay, they beat Falcons/Eagles/Bengals/Cardinals/Broncos, sweep Bears and Rodgerless Packers. And then one big upset (maybe at Rams with Stafford having a bad game so you guys can blame him). This is highly unlikely though in a rebuild but the ceiling

4-6 wins most probable

10 if Oline top 5 with really good running game under Lynn, coaching is great on O and D, Rodgers doesn't play for Green Bay, they beat Falcons/Eagles/Bengals/Cardinals/Broncos, sweep Bears and Rodgerless Packers. And then one big upset (maybe at Rams with Stafford having a bad game so you guys can blame him). This is highly unlikely though in a rebuild but the ceiling

if you are going that far, their ceiling is 17 wins and floor 0 :cheers:

4-6 wins most probable

And here you had me considering that this season would be improved because of the new GM and coach. I am/was actually somewhat optimistic about this team's future and the person in charge.

if you are going that far, their ceiling is 17 wins and floor 0 :cheers:

Beating Bengals/Eagles/Falcons/at Rams/Bears/Rodgers less Packers/Cardinals or Broncos if have great oline and good coaching not the same as beating the Ravens, healthy 49ers, winning in Seattle, winning at Pittsburgh and at Cleveland, Minnesota twice.

Plenty of potential bad/mediocre teams with one upset is the point

At the end of the day wins/losses really don't matter to me this year. I want to see the young guys like Okudah, Walker, AO, Jonah Jackson improve. The rookies need to come in and get better as the season progresses. I want to see how creative the coaching staff can be with what they have. I don't want snaps wasted on guys like Adrian Peterson or Todd Gurley. We need to be able to play teams like the Ravens and Steelers tough and not get blown out and give up. At the end of the day there is not enough talent on this roster to realistically expect a run at the playoffs. Can it happen? sure, but it would take a lot of luck and a perfect storm.

Our WR room is bottom 3 in the NFL. Goff is a complete question mark right now and for all we know we could take another step back away from McVay. Our interior D-Line is very young and unproven minus Brockers. Our LB'ers are a huge question mark with only Jamie Collins being the only reliable contributor. We didn't do much in a secondary that was horrendous last year, especially at safety. The reality is this team wasn't going to be rebuilt in a year.

I'm fully bought in to this coaching staff and front office. I love the direction we are headed. Still doesn't change the fact that this team has a whole lot more questions than answers. Only surefire aspect of this entire roster for me is the O-Line, Hockenson, and out 1-2 punch at RB (which I absolutely love). Outside of that there are serious questions surrounding everything else. I personally think our secondary is going to surprise many and be the strength of the defense. I also think that D-Line has some upside and a very nice mix and veterans and younger guys. They still have to go out there and prove all that though.

I think Dline is the wildcard for hitting ceiling or not whatever you think that is. 7-10 wins

Flowers and Romeo have played well in the past. Julian talent but wild card. The new DTs talent but wildcard as rookies. Can Brockers improve the run D enough. Hand and Nick Williams rotating not in a huge role but both have had success. The defensive line could really surprise people and that will help the secondary. New scheme good but unknown. And of course home games with a loud Ford Field will help the D in those 8 games.

17th game interesting too. Gives Lions a third chance to play a crappier team while the Packers are playing the Chiefs in KC.

All NFC teams has 9 road and 8 away this year. So that will mess with some records possibly too inflating AFC, deflating NFC. 9 home and 8 away next year.

Looks like a tough schedule lots of good teams in there
6-10 if Rodgers playing in GB 8-8 if he doesn?t

I think Dline is the wildcard for hitting ceiling or not whatever you think that is. 7-10 wins

Flowers and Romeo have played well in the past. Julian talent but wild card. The new DTs talent but wildcard as rookies. Can Brockers improve the run D enough. Hand and Nick Williams rotating not in a huge role but both have had success. The defensive line could really surprise people and that will help the secondary. New scheme good but unknown. And of course home games with a loud Ford Field will help the D in those 8 games.

17th game interesting too. Gives Lions a third chance to play a crappier team while the Packers are playing the Chiefs in KC.

All NFC teams has 9 road and 8 away this year. So that will mess with some records possibly too inflating AFC, deflating NFC. 9 home and 8 away next year.

Im not expecting the dline to be any good. Because they are the same...except for 2 new DTs which both cant play if brockers is on the field. And by the way theres only 1 DT in the nfl that creates pressure....and our new guys arent him.

LBs are still shit. Collins is average and we supplemented his talent with Anzalone....who is crap. If Barnes cant win that job then hes crap too.

Secondary is filled with "we hope he can be better." Okudah...hope. Dunbar...hope. Hope OA can improve. Hope Walker plays like it was 2018.

Then you have to hope goff doesnt suck since hes throwing to a bunch of garbage. Hope that run game theve been talking about since 1992 finally comes around. The oline should be good....so there is a little hope...but that typically gets crushed by week 3.

Happy for the players that it "feels different"...unfortunately the team lacks talent is going up against one of the harder schedules in the nfl. 4 win ceiling.

Last edited:
49ers h
Pack a
Bal h
Chi a
Min a
Cin h
La a
Phi h
Bye
Pit a
Cle a
Chi h Thanksgiving
Min h
Den a
Ari h
Atl a
Sea a
Gb h

No chance in hell with that schedule and this roster. Lions were the first 0-16 team, they will now be the first 0-17 team.

Back