Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions 2021 starter will be...

Who will be the 2021 starter

• Zach Wilson

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Justin Fields

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Trey Lance

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Mac Jones

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Kyle Trask

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fitzmagic

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Deshaun Watson

• Jalen Hurts

• Trubisky

• Other

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boogerlovejoy

What will the QB depth chart look like game 1.....

1. Fitzpatrick
2. Mac Jones
3. Sam Ehlinger

Last edited:
What will the QB depth chart look like game 1.....

1. Fitzpatrick
2. Mac Jones
3. Sam Ehlinger

That might be the best case scenario for the short and long term success of the team. That would mean they drafted 2 first rounders for the defense (unless they got a stud WR at #7). Probably got Jones in the 2nd and went defense with the rest of the draft. Fitz probably leads the Lions to more than 5 wins next year.

If it's Wilson or Fields, it probably means that the Lions had to trade up to get them. A team with so little draft capitol should not be trading up.

I'd prefer Wilson or Trask personally but suspect the Lions will draft Fields which will be a mistake IMO

Trey lance is most likely to be the 4th qb taken and the only one left on the board at 7.

Don't trade up. Make a move for a vet qb if you can't draft a starter.

I'd prefer Wilson or Trask personally but suspect the Lions will draft Fields which will be a mistake IMO

Trask will probably last until the 3rd round. Wilson might get picked ahead of Fields.

Fields is probably the most talented outside of Lawrence. That said, his decision making is suspect. He needs to go somewhere that he can learn, not get fed to the wolves. I suspect that the Lions would feed him to the wolves and he would fail.

Trask will probably last until the 3rd round. Wilson might get picked ahead of Fields.

Fields is probably the most talented outside of Lawrence. That said, his decision making is suspect. He needs to go somewhere that he can learn, not get fed to the wolves. I suspect that the Lions would feed him to the wolves and he would fail.

The real question might be which QB would truly be excited to be a Lion? They should seriously have a body language expert review each one's Body Language when they answer the question during any pre-draft interviews when hopefully they'd ask How would you like to be a Lion? I mean I only want people that would actual want to be here. Suh never wanted to be here for example.

Last edited:
The real question might be which QB would truly be excited to be a Lion? They should seriously have a body language expert review each one's Body Language when they answer the question during any pre-draft interviews when hopefully they'd ask How would you like to be a Lion? I mean I only want people that would actual want to be here.

I think a QB with an underdog mentality would work best. That's why I like Mac Jones. I know he came from the best team in the country, but he was a guy that nobody thought would succeed. He seems very accurate. He reminds me of Joe Burrow. Probably get him late in the 1st or with their 2nd round pick.

I’m going other. Should be a lot of stop gap QBs available. Newton, Kaepernick, Winston, Marriota, Foles, Taylor. Then a couple younger options who could turn their careers around like Darnold or Tribusky.

If we do draft a QB, I want Fields.

I think a QB with an underdog mentality would work best. That's why I like Mac Jones. I know he came from the best team in the country, but he was a guy that nobody thought would succeed. He seems very accurate. He reminds me of Joe Burrow. Probably get him late in the 1st or with their 2nd round pick.

Yep. This is who i want. I'd take him over anyone but Lawrence.

Yep. This is who i want. I'd take him over anyone but Lawrence.

I can get behind wilson, lance or mac Jones.... probably in that order. I like wilson and lance's mobility.

I really don't like fields... his 1 read then bolt thing he does isn't sustainable. Alot of talent but probably the biggest project imo.

I don't think mac Jones makes it past 15-20. Let me rephrase...i don't think the 5th qb off the board makes it past 15-20. That might end up being fields.

Here's an other option not listed.... stafford. What if aaron Rodgers retires? Might be tempting to be the top qb in a division finally after 12 years.

Zach Wilson and Tyrod Taylor will be on the Lions in 2021

One of these three:

Garapolo, Minshew, Bridgewater. In other words, I have no idea.

I read another article that suggested A.J. McCarron, so, him too.

Last edited:
Here's an other option not listed.... stafford. What if aaron Rodgers retires? Might be tempting to be the top qb in a division finally after 12 years.

That.....or nobody comes in with a decent deal. Seems like a no brainer that Indy or Washington will offer decent packages.....but it's not a given. Teams will have to figure out cap situations with an actual reduction this year.

If I'm the Lions.....my #1 option is if Miami truly IS interested in taking offers for Tua....Stafford for Tua and their later 1st rounder?

I'd do that. It's not as if Tua was bad this year. Miami Oline was AWFUL and they had no running game.

Zach Wilson and Tyrod Taylor will be on the Lions in 2021

That's a best case scenario. I'd like that a lot.

Taylor has been a solid fill in guy. Wilson has the potential to be really good.

That.....or nobody comes in with a decent deal. Seems like a no brainer that Indy or Washington will offer decent packages.....but it's not a given. Teams will have to figure out cap situations with an actual reduction this year.

If I'm the Lions.....my #1 option is if Miami truly IS interested in taking offers for Tua....Stafford for Tua and their later 1st rounder?

I'd do that. It's not as if Tua was bad this year. Miami Oline was AWFUL and they had no running game.

LOL
Tua was the least pressured QB in the league.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm

And he still stunk it up

I love how cherry pick stats. He also had very low time in the pocket before pressure.

So it says he didn't hold the ball at all. Quick passes. Same with Fitz. 2nd lowest avg time before pressure in the NFL. Doesn't mean the line was good.

I'd take Tua before Fields, Lance or Trask.

Tua wasn't pressured or good at those quick passes then. They know he can't throw deep either. Glad Lions get a QB this draft and not Tua. Garbage player

Back