Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Release TE Eric Ebron

Uh... yeah... I think Ebron might be a tad less of a threat than the football equivalent of Lebron James. Not gonna put too much stock into this analysis.

I think he's saying Ebron is like the bums that play with Lebron.

I think he's saying Ebron is like the bums that play with Lebron.

?Just get everybody on one side of the court and get this guy one-on-one. Well, that?s the analogy here. So, in football, get all the receivers on one side, get the back on the other side, and then just put the tight end back here and see what [the defense] does."

Nope, in the analogy Ebron (the TE) is isolated away from the receivers, and left with one-on-one coverage.

Reich called him a matchup nightmare one on one basically.

So scary, he drops passes in his sleep.

Ebron 11th in league for TE in receptions and yards in 2017 even with the slow start. He caught plenty. 11 of out of 64 given two tight ends usually play a good chunk.

The other 53 have some explaining to do then.

Ebron 11th in league for TE in receptions and yards in 2017 even with the slow start. He caught plenty. 11 of out of 64 given two tight ends usually play a good chunk.

you are such a tool. The other 53? LOL :clap:

You know, he's not a Lion anymore. You aren't required to stick up for him now.

?Just get everybody on one side of the court and get this guy one-on-one. Well, that?s the analogy here. So, in football, get all the receivers on one side, get the back on the other side, and then just put the tight end back here and see what [the defense] does."

Nope, in the analogy Ebron (the TE) is isolated away from the receivers, and left with one-on-one coverage.

I thought it he ran with the rest so their best is 1-1. My bad if I misunderstood.

Good "Luck" for the Colts with Ebron, when the jury is still out as to when, if, and/or how well or quickly Andrew will fully recover from injury. I have read where Luck has begun throwing a weighted football to rapidly rebuild his arm strength, then read other reports that he had a setback...so Eric may have to wait an unknown while before he can even practice with the QB who he believes is his perfect companion on the gridiron.

Some Colts fans have posted online that Luck is done, and that Indy needs to pick their next franchise QB in this year's draft.

Good "Luck" for the Colts with Ebron, when the jury is still out as to when, if, and/or how well or quickly Andrew will fully recover from injury. I have read where Luck has begun throwing a weighted football to rapidly rebuild his arm strength, then read other reports that he had a setback...so Eric may have to wait an unknown while before he can even practice with the QB who he believes is his perfect companion on the gridiron.

Some Colts fans have posted online that Luck is done, and that Indy needs to pick their next franchise QB in this year's draft.

I remember when people thought the Colts were lucky.. Manning, and then his injury and Luck fell in their lap.. I think the Colts screwed him. Was it that bad to begin with or did the Colts medical staff rehab him wrong? Bummer.

that's what happens when you don't invest in protecting your franchise qb.

Drafted Round 1 LT Castonzo year before Luck was draft edand Round 2 RT that failed in that draft in 2011. So they took Oline before the QB. Took Round 2 guard 2014 in Mewhort, Round 1 center 2016 in Ryan Kelly who got hurt and Round 3 RT in 2016 as well.

Last edited:
Back