Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Release TE Eric Ebron

Former Detroit tight end Eric Ebron will visit with the Carolina Panthers tomorrow per source.
A little background: DET talked to CAR about a trade a couple of times the past few months. CAR waited for DET to make the cut.

Patriots want Ebron. Guess belicheck isn't a good personnel man

Patriots want Ebron. Guess belicheck isn't a good personnel man

I guess it could be that Ebron is a great player and Caldwell was just a shitty coach, but you were pretty high on Caldwell too, so which is it? Is Ebron a bad player, or was he coached badly?

I guess it could be that Ebron is a great player and Caldwell was just a shitty coach, but you were pretty high on Caldwell too, so which is it? Is Ebron a bad player, or was he coached badly?

It was the refs.

I never liked the way Ebron was used. We drafted a fast, field stretching TE and then ran him on quick outs and option routs instead of seam routs and deep crossing patterns.

I never liked the way Ebron was used. We drafted a fast, field stretching TE and then ran him on quick outs and option routs instead of seam routs and deep crossing patterns.

There was a while there where we were a short passing attack team. So it wasn't just EE. Plus him dropping passes early in career just changed his style.

Fully agree. I think his career takes off no matter where he goes. I liked what I saw the last 4 or 5 games from him. Caldwell did a terrible job utilizing him.

Ebron produced top 10 TE numbers in yards. Lions had a ton of red zone threats and Stafford had plenty of TDs. Ebron and Caldwell did nothing wrong.

The problem is the 5th year option over values players and screws teams picking earlier.

Ebron produced top 10 TE numbers in yards. Lions had a ton of red zone threats and Stafford had plenty of TDs. Ebron and Caldwell did nothing wrong.

The problem is the 5th year option over values players and screws teams picking earlier.

11 TDs in 4 years.

Ebron did nothing right for a top 10 pick. Clearly there is talent there, but either he didn't play up to it, or Caldwell couldn't coach it.

2.75 TYD a year avg is NOTHING to brag about, or to defend.

Last edited:
11 TDs in 4 years.

Ebron did nothing right for a top 10 pick. Clearly there is talent there, but either he didn't play up to it, or Caldwell couldn't coach it.

2.75 TYD a year avg is NOTHING to brag about, or to defend.

What's the plan tho? Celek or Luke Wilson? That's nightmarish!!! A rookie TE....ugh.

Ebron catches on with the Colts... which is more than he caught in 5 years with the Lions.

Last edited:
"There is a lot of man coverage in this league — the league is going more and more man coverage — so, now you put an elite tight end on the backside, it’s like clearing it out for LeBron, or something, in basketball,” Reich said, via the Indianapolis Star.

Uh... yeah... I think Ebron might be a tad less of a threat than the football equivalent of Lebron James. Not gonna put too much stock into this analysis.

Back