Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Release TE Eric Ebron

Heard this before , but maybe Gesicki from Penn State in the later rounds ?? Dudes like 6'6 and a great read zone target .

Making room for richardson LETS GOO.... Personal dream.... Probably unrealistic..

Then why not just get a WR? What's the point in a TE if he can't block. Big WR>>non blocking Big TE.

Get your head outta your ass you schmuck. The top TEs in this draft don't block well. Doesn't mean you pass on them. Playmakers are what you want. This is 2018...not the fkn 60's where TEs did nothing but block. Smarten up

Get your head outta your ass you schmuck. The top TEs in this draft don't block well. Doesn't mean you pass on them. Playmakers are what you want. This is 2018...not the fkn 60's where TEs did nothing but block. Smarten up

But why not just get a big WR if the TE can't block? WR are generally more faster.. Generally get more yards, generally better hands etc. Why get a big TE who can't block when you might as well get a big WR who can't block..

Maybe you haven't noticed but we've tried our hand at TE's who can't block. Are you really this dense?

But why not just get a big WR if the TE can't block? WR are generally more faster.. Generally get more yards, generally better hands etc. Why get a big TE who can't block when you might as well get a big WR who can't block..

Maybe you haven't noticed but we've tried our hand at TE's who can't block. Are you really this dense?

So your theory on why Ebron got released is because he cant block? You need your fkn head examined lol

Last edited:
Did I say that? Of course not. Mitch 2 PhTony 0.

Of course you said that you fkn moron lol. Nobody cares about blocking TEs anymore. Go look at Mayock's top 5 TEs in the draft. The first 4 can't block for shit. He put Dissly at 5 because he does a little of everything. Teams want playmakers at the TE position. Big bodied kids who can get the tough yds and beast in the redzone. You're obviously too simple to grasp that.

Tony 1,000,000 Mitch ZERO....and still going down

Of course you said that you fkn moron lol. Nobody cares about blocking TEs anymore. Go look at Mayock's top 5 TEs in the draft. The first 4 can't block for shit. He put Dissly at 5 because he does a little of everything. Teams want playmakers at the TE position. Big bodied kids who can get the tough yds and beast in the redzone. You're obviously too simple to grasp that.

Tony 1,000,000 Mitch ZERO....and still going down

The point, not sure why it escapes you - is if you don't need someone to block why not just get a freakin' WR? They can get tough yards and catch TD's too. Plus they add more.

The point, not sure why it escapes you - is if you don't need someone to block why not just get a freakin' WR? They can get tough yards and catch TD's too. Plus they add more.

It doesn't escape me lol. All i'm saying is the game is different now. If you're getting a TE that can block and be a threat through the air then that's a bonus. Not every TE plays like Gronk who does both exceptionally well. How many Gronks in the league? Answer - one and it's Gronk

Last edited:
It doesn't escape me lol. All i'm saying is the game is different now. If you're getting a TE that can block and be a threat through the air then that's a bonus. Not every TE plays like Gronk who does both exceptionally well. How many Gronks in the league? Answer - NOBODY.

Wouldn't that answer be 1. :p

There is also Walker. Delanie Walker isn't as good as Gronk obviously, but he is probably the only other TE that is as good at blocking as he is at receiving.

I agree it is rare to get someone that can do both. However I do think we can find one that puts up the offensive production like Ebron and is a better blocker overall.

Cutting Ebron I think was more about money. He just isn't top 5 TE, thats how he was paid.

Last edited:
Gesicki can't block but he's good at jump balls and gets separation too. Deceptive speed

Ebron cut due to the NFL having stupid rules. If he was pick 11, he doesn't have a 8.25 million 5th salary. Draft pick shouldn't determine 5th year salary

It doesn't escape me lol. All i'm saying is the game is different now. If you're getting a TE that can block and be a threat through the air then that's a bonus. Not every TE plays like Gronk who does both exceptionally well. How many Gronks in the league? Answer - one and it's Gronk

But this was about a TE that doesn't block which I agree on not wanting.. I'm all for getting a TE that can do what you want but also block just a little..

But this was about a TE that doesn't block which I agree on not wanting.. I'm all for getting a TE that can do what you want but also block just a little..

Then your guy is Will Dissly. Solid TE that can do a little bit of everything.
Look him up...

Back