Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Trade for Michael Brockers and Sign Jamaal Williams

And if we're projecting 2-4 wins next year...Does it matter if we have Goff starting or a project? Goffs money each year equates to 3 or 4 starting calibur FAs in this years market. Id take Lance and 4 starters over Goff 100 times out of 100.

I understand that, but you are discounting the fact that Goff isn't just some nobody at QB. He is young enough and has shown enough upside to be a legitimate top 10 QB.

It you want to see that upside go check out his game against the Vikings in 2018. I believe it was a Primetime game and Goff literally hit almost every throw perfectly and showcased pretty much whatever you would want to see from a quarterback throwing the ball. That game wasn't McVay. That is why when people say Goff can still be a top 10 QB there is meaning behind it. Not saying that is going to happen, but he has shown in the NFL he has that ability.

Here are five key stats from the [Los Angeles Rams](https://www.turfshowtimes.com/) 38-31 victory over the [Vikings](https://www.dailynorseman.com/) on Thursday Night Football in Week 4:

1. Jared Goff finished the game having completed 26 of 33 passes, for 465 yards, five touchdowns, no interceptions, and a 158.3 passer rating. He?s the first quarterback in NFL history to finish a game with a perfect rating on 33 pass attempts. ([h/t Cam DaSilva](https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1045516685330055168))

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...rams-jared-goff-records-stats-week-4-vikings/

He had one of the best games in NFL HISTORY that day against what finished as a top 10 defense and top 3 passing defense despite that huge day from him. I watched that game live and it was one of the best performance I've ever seen from a QB. If you watch that video below Kirk Cousins even said to Goff after the game that is was the BEST performance by a QB he has even seen live in his NFL career.

Once again I am not saying Goff is going to be the answer here, but you can't sit there and say he definitely isn't either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1_98I5DUDA

The thing is we are not tied to Goff and we don't need to money to spend on one year deals this year just to be mediocre anyway. Goff is a worthwhile gamble to take because if it does work out then you just found your franchise QB for pennies on the dollar and we would go into 2022 with a legitimate chance to compete for a division title. If it doesn't then we cut bait and draft a guy if we didn't this year and expect to compete in 2023.

Its' a good deal for us. Can't just get 24 year old people just to fill a roster because you expect to win 4 games. Holmes has done a good job so far. The draft will be the key.

Flowers, Brockers, Hand, Okwara with Nick Williams, J Omwara and Penisini as backups..maybe add a day 2 dt or de. Dline looking solid

Its' a good deal for us. Can't just get 24 year old people just to fill a roster because you expect to win 4 games. Holmes has done a good job so far. The draft will be the key.

Agreed. I think if we sign Damontae Kazee, Nickel Robey Coleman, and maybe a couple cheap LBers with upside (Anzalone/Keon Alexander?) I would consider free agency a major success. None of those guys should cost more then 3-4mil a year so it wouldn?t have a major impact on comp picks. Maybe even grab a guy like Josh Reynolds yet with the WR market being so soft he might sign for 1 year 2mil considering Rashad Higgins got around that. Then going into the draft you are very flexible at #7.

Flowers, Brockers, Hand, Okwara with Nick Williams, J Omwara and Penisini as backups..maybe add a day 2 dt or de. Dline looking solid

I think on paper they are about league average. I think if Hand can play like he did his rookie year he could push them to above average. Obviously other factors like Julian having a breakout year, Penisini evolving into a very good run stuffer, Romeo taking another step, and Flowers staying healthy are going to be major factors too.

The one thing that changes with Golladay as a Giant.. I don't want a WR at 7 but if they go that route we know almost for certain the the Giants won't be taking a WR.

I think on paper they are about league average. I think if Hand can play like he did his rookie year he could push them to above average. Obviously other factors like Julian having a breakout year, Penisini evolving into a very good run stuffer, Romeo taking another step, and Flowers staying healthy are going to be major factors too.

Agree. Chance to be above average. Even top 10 if flowers and okwara reach potential with consistent pressure. Day 2 still would use a pick on dline..agree get a veteran corner, lb and safety still. Lots of free agents iut there. Lions have room and could restructure flowers if they wanted

Agree. Chance to be above average. Even top 10 if flowers and okwara reach potential with consistent pressure. Day 2 still would use a pick on dline..agree get a veteran corner, lb and safety still. Lots of free agents iut there. Lions have room and could restructure flowers if they wanted

Still alot of holes at lb and s and remember you have Charles harris at back up DE. If we go WR at 7 i could see a slight reach in rd 2 for a guy like jabril cox. Need to get more athletic at lb. Rd 3 safety.

Harris flowers brockers okwara on passing downs isn't horrible.

Last edited:
Still alot of holes at lb and s and remember you have Charles harris at back up DE. If we go WR at 7 i could see a slight reach in rd 2 for a guy like jabril cox. Need to get more athletic at lb. Rd 3 safety.

Harris flowers brockers okwara on passing downs isn't horrible.

I would love to be able to trade down no lower then 15 and still be able to get one of the top four weapons Pitts/chase/Waddle/Smith. That would give us enough ammunition to move back up if needed to secure one of the top LBers. Those two position are just so devoid of a young playmaker with serious upside. If we can manage to do that in the draft I would be very pleased. Fill out the rest of the draft with maybe another LBer safety CB and help for the right side of the line. I really think our Dline has a good mix of veterans and young guys with upside and unless the value screams D line I?m okay not adding anyone in the draft.

IMO we need game wrecker on the D line and I don?t see those guys in this draft. I like Paye the best, but LBer and WR are bigger needs and the Too WRs along with Parsons are less risky then Paye.

Back