Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Trade for Michael Brockers and Sign Jamaal Williams

the downside is $8 mil is too much for a guy that in his BEST year next to the best player in the game he could only muster up 5 sacks. Especially when hes 31. I would have put that money into WR or LB imo.

He just turned 30 about 3 months ago.

The DL is still bottom 1/3. The front 7 bottom 3. Back 7 is bottom 3.

So, I guess the DL is their strong suit but still bottom 1/3 in the league.

I still expect this year to be a throwaway. It sucks but it’s not like the new regime was given much to work with either. Quintricia left the cupboard bare and no cap space. Our best case scenario this off-season was to get a few stopgaps and to draft really well. This year is still important but in the end it’s more so about setting up our following season for what we do next.

Last edited:
That's why we suck. Sure we need starters at some positions but our depth stinks. Always has.

This was Quinn?s theory as well. But the best depth in the nfl is more quality starters at other positions. Not a lot of teams have quality backups, if they do they get overpaid by some other nfl team when free agency hits.

This was Quinn?s theory as well. But the best depth in the nfl is more quality starters at other positions. Not a lot of teams have quality backups, if they do they get overpaid by some other nfl team when free agency hits.

You don't need high quality but capable.

I think the idea is if you have higher quality on the field...when an injury does happen and your 2nd string comes in the difference in skill is minimizes because you have quality talent around you. That doesnt happen when you have crap all over the field.

New contract for brockers. Will lower his 8 million cap hit

Hughes can apologize to Holmes yet again

Mr jump the gun

New contract for brockers. Will lower his 8 million cap hit

Hughes can apologize to Holmes yet again

Mr jump the gun

speaking of jumping the gun. You don't even know if he is going to be any good. He may suck and get released after one year.

speaking of jumping the gun. You don't even know if he is going to be any good. He may suck and get released after one year.

Hughes was jumping the gun on 8 mil cap number. It will be less. Thats the point

Tom Pelissero Retweeted
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
?
2m
The #Panthers are signing former #AZCardinals pass-rusher Haason Reddick, sources tell me and
@MikeGarafolo
. A major move on the edge in Carolina.

I wonder what the contract details are.

Tom Pelissero Retweeted
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
?
2m
The #Panthers are signing former #AZCardinals pass-rusher Haason Reddick, sources tell me and
@MikeGarafolo
. A major move on the edge in Carolina.

I wonder what the contract details are.

I always worry about a big contract for a young guy who didn't do much his first 3 seasons.. I wonder if they overpaid.

Hughes was jumping the gun on 8 mil cap number. It will be less. Thats the point

Its less cause they made his contract longer lol. A 31 yr old dt with little to no production but tons of culture! Extension!

Its less cause they made his contract longer lol. A 31 yr old dt with little to no production but tons of culture! Extension!

Money he will never see if not guarantees..its called cap manipulation and its smart. The point is he wont get 8 million cap hit with the lions which was your big worry

The rams gave him 3 years 24 million which is 8 per last year.. now they moved on due to their cap problems..he is a good player still and will help lions in 2021 maybe 2022 too

Raiders got 2 DTs
Johnathan hankins 1 yr 3.5 mil
Soloman thomas 1 yr 5 mil

Last edited:
Raiders got 2 DTs
Johnathan hankins 1 yr 3.5 mil
Soloman thomas 1 yr 5 mil

So did lions in 2020..shelton and williams

Brockers better than all 4 of them..rams number 1 defense. Remember that

Don't really care for these 2 moves. Why is a team that is rebuilding trading for a DT that is over 30? Build with young guys and let them develop so the team can finally turn the corner in 3 years. He is just going to take up playing time and be gone in 3 years.

Don't really care for these 2 moves. Why is a team that is rebuilding trading for a DT that is over 30? Build with young guys and let them develop so the team can finally turn the corner in 3 years. He is just going to take up playing time and be gone in 3 years.

He's not over 30, he's 30. The young good players aren't coming here, the young struggling one we don't need. You can't have a team full of 25 year old guys. You really think Holmes came here to tank year one? You want Shelton back?

Last edited:
Back