Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Trade for Michael Brockers and Sign Jamaal Williams

He's not over 30, he's 30. The young good players aren't coming here, the young struggling one we don't need. You can't have a team full of 25 year old guys. You really think Holmes came here to tank year one? You want Shelton back?

Well year 1 might see 5 wins so why waste money and development on players that won't be here in year 3? You really think the is anything that he could do to make this team good in year 1?

Brockers better than all 4 of them..rams number 1 defense. Remember that

Do you really think Brockers had anything to do with that? He was just a guy.

You could put any one of the FA DTs in Brocker's place and the Rams still have the #1 defense.

Well year 1 might see 5 wins so why waste money and development on players that won't be here in year 3? You really think the is anything that he could do to make this team good in year 1?

Besides QB, there isn?t one player that could take a team from 5 wins to 8 or 9 by themselves. If we signed Aaron Donald this team would still suck. That?s a stupid way to look at things. They improved the team with Brockers. He isn?t likely in the long term plans but a LOT of the guys on this team won?t be. And if year one goes well and next offseason does too, Brockers likely would still be here for a team that could be competitive.

DT is a position that requires depth. Penisini will still get a lot of snaps regardless.

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
?
15m
Why did the Matthew Stafford-Jared Goff trade become official today, not yesterday?

Goff had a $2.5 million roster bonus due on the second day of the league year, which is today. The #Rams agreed to pay it as part of the trade to the #Lions, per source. A parting gift from L.A.

So knocks off 2.5mil of the projected cap hit from Goff. Sweet

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
?
15m
Why did the Matthew Stafford-Jared Goff trade become official today, not yesterday?

Goff had a $2.5 million roster bonus due on the second day of the league year, which is today. The #Rams agreed to pay it as part of the trade to the #Lions, per source. A parting gift from L.A.

So knocks off 2.5mil of the projected cap hit from Goff. Sweet

Great job delaying trade

Do you really think Brockers had anything to do with that? He was just a guy.

You could put any one of the FA DTs in Brocker's place and the Rams still have the #1 defense.

It had everything to do with Brockers...without his skill set, some guy known by two first names would never have been selected multiple times as DPOY...some guy who was considered less important during his draft year than a TE match-up nightmare. So, if we choose a DT at #7, Brockers will turn him into a superstar. /LKP logic off

Brockers is good in run d and rams had good run d. They dont have big name ilb or will. He is important

Lets see if they are number 1 again in 2021

We should be better with him than without which is all I care about

Last edited:
Every time I see LA lose a defensive player I like to believe I hear Staff thinking "what the fridge man.."

Great job delaying trade

delaying the trade saved us 2.5 mil and also cost us the number 88 pick. It got moved back to their comp pick at 101. Bad job Holmes.

Last edited:
Its either good or bad Holmes. How about average job Holmes? Lets use that more.

Its either good or bad Holmes. How about average job Holmes? Lets use that more.

You have a lot of people on this board that have already mailed 2021 in and gave Holmes a pass. IMO thats not how it works. You either make a team better....or you make it worse. There are no passes.

You could have kept everyone here. Stafford, Harmon, Shelton, James, okwara, golladay etc etc etc etc....and maybe you win 5 games again. Im not saying that is the best thing to do by any means. But hes the GM and these are his choices. And if you go from 5 wins to 2 wins...you didnt do a very good job. He chose to bring Goff which made us cash strapped...his decision. Remember LA said there was this HUGE market for Goff lol...he could have been traded anywhere! If thats the case...Holmes chose for him to be on this team which meant we had no assets available to reshape this team.

Quin fucked us last year by not taking a QB. We finally get rid of staffords contract and now Holmes probably isnt going to take one at #7. We just keep delaying the rebuild year after year after year. 2023 i bet we sign Andy Dalton...just to put me over the edge lol.

Okay average Holmes is out. How about mediocre Holmes or middling Holmes.

You have a lot of people on this board that have already mailed 2021 in and gave Holmes a pass. IMO thats not how it works. You either make a team better....or you make it worse. There are no passes.

You could have kept everyone here. Stafford, Harmon, Shelton, James, okwara, golladay etc etc etc etc....and maybe you win 5 games again. Im not saying that is the best thing to do by any means. But hes the GM and these are his choices. And if you go from 5 wins to 2 wins...you didnt do a very good job. He chose to bring Goff which made us cash strapped...his decision. Remember LA said there was this HUGE market for Goff lol...he could have been traded anywhere! If thats the case...Holmes chose for him to be on this team which meant we had no assets available to reshape this team.

Quin fucked us last year by not taking a QB. We finally get rid of staffords contract and now Holmes probably isnt going to take one at #7. We just keep delaying the rebuild year after year after year. 2023 i bet we sign Andy Dalton...just to put me over the edge lol.

It is also possible that he realized at #7 he was not going to get the QB that he wants so he got Goff because he thought he has a chance to return to what he showed in 2017-2018?

I personally like Trey Lance and I know you do too, but that guy is a MASSIVE project who had limited starting experience in college. It is a major leap of faith to put all your eggs into that basket. Even if we do still take Lance at #7 then you have a guy to start while Lance sits. You have got to stop killing him for taking on Goff before we have even seen what he is capable of. Even if Goff sucks then that means we definitely have a high pick and will probably have our choice of QB's next year.

It is also possible that he realized at #7 he was not going to get the QB that he wants so he got Goff because he thought he has a chance to return to what he showed in 2017-2018?

I personally like Trey Lance and I know you do too, but that guy is a MASSIVE project who had limited starting experience in college. It is a major leap of faith to put all your eggs into that basket. Even if we do still take Lance at #7 then you have a guy to start while Lance sits. You have got to stop killing him for taking on Goff before we have even seen what he is capable of. Even if Goff sucks then that means we definitely have a high pick and will probably have our choice of QB's next year.

And if we're projecting 2-4 wins next year...Does it matter if we have Goff starting or a project? Goffs money each year equates to 3 or 4 starting calibur FAs in this years market. Id take Lance and 4 starters over Goff 100 times out of 100.

Back