Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LOL at Urban Meyer

a lot on twitter today, dogpiling Meyer... leaked comments from players about the whole team laughing about his lame excuses after he apologized by position group, instead of the whole team, comments that the Jaguars organization booked a bunch of executive meetings suddenly today, players saying he's been a joke from Day 1, etc.

You just hate to see it happen to such a great guy. He doesn't deserve all this :no:

Oh, for the love of God, girl.

Nothin? good can come o? her doin? any o? that shit.

Double press on your Twitter app and select ?delete? on the drop down.

she's been an active tweeter & and generated some not great press before. she's a nurse, and tweeted some COVID conspiracy stuff about deaths being inflated and it being no worse than the flu.

she still does the stupid thing Buckeye fans do where they replace all "M"s with "X"'s, even in her own name. Jesus Christ!

I guess it speaks well of UF's fanbase that the Meyers don't still identify as Gators.

How weird is it to hate a successful coach? I can't really imagine someone winning a national championship at Michigan and leaving under a cloud, with all the additional baggage this asshole has. Just a completely different culture

she's been an active tweeter & and generated some not great press before. she's a nurse, and tweeted some COVID conspiracy stuff about deaths being inflated and it being no worse than the flu.

she still does the stupid thing Buckeye fans do where they replace all "M"s with "X"'s, even in her own name. Jesus Christ!

I guess it speaks well of UF's fanbase that the Meyers don't still identify as Gators.

How weird is it to hate a successful coach? I can't really imagine someone winning a national championship at Michigan and leaving under a cloud, with all the additional baggage this asshole has. Just a completely different culture

What are you talking about? That is literally what happened with Lloyd Carr.

His teams stopped beating the Buckeyes. That was cloud and baggage enough.

Oh, for the love of God, girl.

Nothin? good can come o? her doin? any o? that shit.

Double press on your Twitter app and select ?delete? on the drop down.

Then dial the best divorce lawyer Urban's money can buy and take the rest!

I recall that some posters here were advocating that Xeyer be the next coach at Xichigan.

Hmmmmm ?. Link

Last edited:
I recall that some posters here were advocating that Xeyer be the next coach at Xichigan.

Hmmmmm ?. Link

Oof. The usual suspects...

I don't think there's any chance our current AD - or anyone else in line for that job - would EVER consider Meyer. And that's good.

And I hope we never hire anyone who is dodgy off the field like Meyer, regardless of their record on it.

Disgusting man. As any married man it'd be like "no no no no.. and get the hell out" And it wouldn't take more than 7 seconds to realize that. And what coach doesn't fly back with the team. What a scum bag.

Disgusting man. As any married man it'd be like "no no no no.. and get the hell out" And it wouldn't take more than 7 seconds to realize that. And what coach doesn't fly back with the team. What a scum bag.

The excuse he used was he was going to Columbus to spend time with his grandchildren. Supposedly he went to his restaurant with the family. Supposedly some group talked him into hanging out with them...ya know...instead of with his, uh, family. And uh...ummm...well, he...uh...got into a, uh, situation.

He described his actions as a marital speed bump. Shelley should punch him in the dick right before handing over divorce papers.

It was an SI reporter who claimed Jags players were all laughing at Meyer behind his back when he tried his lame ass "I was visiting with my grandchildren when the group of people celebrating an event asked me to join them and a young woman approached me to dance" excuse. Who even talks like that? We're supposed to believe a bunch of drunk Ohioans at "Urban's Pint House" on a Saturday night behave like a Church group on Sunday?

His problem now, as I see it, is he doesn't know his audience.

That kind of bullshit might work on Eleven Warriors, or with an Ohio State boosters club... They're all either dumb enough to believe it, or WANT to be lied to by their hero.

But any normal guy knows that's not what happens at the bar after 10 PM on a Saturday, especially pro football players who drink and party all the time, and absolutely know he's full of shit.

By all accounts he already had a bad grasp of his players' trust & respect, but this killed any chance of winning it back.

If his goal is to intentionally get fired so he can take the USC job, you have to wonder if this approach will work better for him than just negotiating a way to resign w/the Jaguars management. Like I said before, after USC's recent coaching issues, they can't be that stupid to hire another guy with such public & notorious drinking/off-field issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife is as big of a shit bag as Urban iirc. Wasn't she somehow involved in trying to silence Smith's wife? Either way, she's turned a blind eye to all of his other shady crap so I call bullshit on her playing the victim card here.

What are you talking about? That is literally what happened with Lloyd Carr.

His teams stopped beating the Buckeyes. That was cloud and baggage enough.

What cloud? He was talked into coaching one more season than he wanted to coach.

What cloud? He was talked into coaching one more season than he wanted to coach.

Maybe.

Maybe that story was just a face saver for Lloyd Carr and Bill Martin.

U of M Athletics is one helluva soap opera.

Maybe instead of bringing in Russell Crowe to motivate the players by talking about Cinderella Man, They should bring in Sally Field to talk about America?s sweetheart.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LC1Sb6tRr4E

Maybe.

Maybe that story was just a face saver for Lloyd Carr and Bill Martin.

U of M Athletics is one helluva soap opera.

Maybe instead of bringing in Russell Crowe to motivate the players by talking about Cinderella Man, They should bring in Sally Field to talk about America?s sweetheart.

Didn't Bacon's book confirm Gulo's version is correct? Carr finally announced his resignation, and Bill Martin STILL didn't do shit to start the coaching search for a month? If Carr was pushed out, WTF was Bill Martin doing then? You think he'd push his coach out, then do nothing to find a replacement?

We saw this all before... the opinion of fans bitching on the internet is mostly out-of-line with MOST Michigan alums... and even further remote from actual people in the Athletic Department.

You talk to older Michigan alums, particularly women, and they all supported Carr until the end, and felt he represented the University well. Winning and losing games is important, but not everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll say I'd rather have a coach lose to OSU every year than stoop to their level to beat them.

In theory of course... I don't know for sure they cheat and have a sleazy SEC-network of bag men to pay recruits, and do other even less savory things, and I can't prove we don't, but I assume OSU's current run of 16-3 going back to 2000 (counting their vacated 2010 win) isn't just because their program suddenly got that much better than ours.

I'll say I'd rather have a coach lose to OSU every year than stoop to their level to beat them.

In theory of course... I don't know for sure they cheat and have a sleazy SEC-network of bag men to pay recruits, and do other even less savory things, and I can't prove we don't, but I assume OSU's current run of 16-3 going back to 2000 (counting their vacated 2010 win) isn't just because their program suddenly got that much better than ours.

We do know for sure. Tressel cheated his entire college head coaching career. We have Youngstown State as proof of that. He had his bagman, Mickey Monus, paying their best player and Monus was on the sideline of every game for the Penguins.

Tressel got a 5 year show cause for good reason and it sure as hell wasn't just tattoos.

Once it was proven that the way Tressel did things would lead to wins against Michigan, all bets were off.

Last edited:
Is it really "in theory" when you do have proof that they covered up for a domestic abuser, knowingly played multiple ineligible players, lied to the NCAA then sat on stage laughing when they announced that their only punishment was vacating wins from 1 season and a 1 year postseason ban?

And how much proof do we really need to know that they got away with multiple egregious violations because the university president was buddies with the people making the decision on what the punishment should be?

I also think that two things can be true at the same time in regards to Lloyd. You can both admire how he ran the program and appreciate his success while also feeling that it was time for him to go. And while the last 6 or so years the main thing was the poor performance against OSU, there were other things that happened that were signs he was done. It's somewhat understandable, bordering on excusable, that you start losing when a sleazy guy like Tressell took over at OSU. But losing to App State because half the team was baked means you no longer have control of the locker room.

The ultimate WTF part of Lloyd's tenure was his last bowl game. You come out running that offense and it works that well after you had so much inconsistency on offense during the regular season. That game validated the feeling that he and his staff were underachieving given the talent they had.

I guess I should've included a picture with that...

tenor.gif

Of course... I don't know for sure they cheat... buuuuut

Back