Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

Just go get Haskins. He had no weapons, no oline and injuries and still made the playoffs. Definitely better than Stafford. I like qbs that enjoy strippers... it's a perfectly good quality to have.

Last edited:
WFT didnt win until they got Smith. Haskins lol. Cements how stupid the stafford haters are

Lions also beat them. 7-9 team. Wooo. Try harder hughes

Last edited:
WFT didnt win until they got Smith. Haskins lol. Cements how stupid the stafford haters are

Try learning to read sarcasm on the internet

He was still the captain leading the team. True starts. Haskins > Stafford. 7 wins over 5... you are what your record says you are.

Stafford Hall of fame qb. But go ahead and dump him and see how bad Lions can get. Stafford will win multiple super bowls somewhere else then

Continue to hate on lions even before you know the roster or coaches. It shows your hate is for no reason or thats how you think being a fan is to dump on the team no matter what..if team loses doesnt mean every player sucks

Stafford Hall of fame qb. But go ahead and dump him and see how bad Lions can get. Stafford will win multiple super bowls somewhere else then

Continue to hate on lions even before you know the roster or coaches. It shows your hate is for no reason or thats how you think being a fan is to dump on the team no matter what..if team loses doesnt mean every player sucks

how much worse can they get? They haven't won a playoff game in over 30 years. They haven't won the division in 28 years. In the 12 years that he has been the QB they have lost 9 or more games 8 times and had double digit loss seasons 6 times. The guy that started his first NFL game for the Redskins yesterday could get results like that.

Stafford has not been the reason we have been bad for the last 12 years. Stafford has won us more games than he has cost us. While he is not a HOF QB, he definitely qualifies for the Hall of Very Good.

Stafford could bring us a decent amount of picks, I don't think it would be worth it to dump him. I don't think we could get multiple 1st rd picks and that would be the value of trading him now. But if the new front office decides to move on, I understand. My vote is to keep him.

The offense has been good enough to win games this season. We had a historically bad defense. The new GM is the most important offseason acquisition. They need to build a defense that can keep us in games because we know Stafford is capable of winning it in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
Trade Stafford for picks and use those along w the 7th overall for Watson.

All in on Deshawn Watson!

Stafford has not been the reason we have been bad for the last 12 years. Stafford has won us more games than he has cost us. While he is not a HOF QB, he definitely qualifies for the Hall of Very Good.

Stafford could bring us a decent amount of picks, I don't think it would be worth it to dump him. I don't think we could get multiple 1st rd picks and that would be the value of trading him now. But if the new front office decides to move on, I understand. My vote is to keep him.

The offense has been good enough to win games this season. We had a historically bad defense. The new GM is the most important offseason acquisition. They need to build a defense that can keep us in games because we know Stafford is capable of winning it in the 4th quarter.
He's part of the problem. He makes no one better can't get a win on his own. Costing us a game is a bit open ended.. There are many games if he played better we could have won. Or didn't have that 1-2 bad plays. I disagree with won more games ... And Matt never wins games in the forth QTR, 1 year but if he didn't stink it up fir 3 quarters maybe we didn't need 4th quarter wins. His stats says he's not very good. If average is 75, if I'm in a good mood I might give him a 76-77.

And the deciding factor for me is if we're winning 3-4-5-6 games 25 mill is just much to keep him. There's no reason to.

Trade Stafford for picks and use those along w the 7th overall for Watson.

All in on Deshawn Watson!
Man he makes a ton of money. There's no reason to spend that much on a QB until the defense gets fixed.

Edit: It seems you can cut them after 2022. But still 2022 he's a fortune.

Last edited:
He's part of the problem. He makes no one better can't get a win on his own. Costing us a game is a bit open ended.. There are many games if he played better we could have won. Or didn't have that 1-2 bad plays. I disagree with won more games ... And Matt never wins games in the forth QTR, 1 year but if he didn't stink it up fir 3 quarters maybe we didn't need 4th quarter wins. His stats says he's not very good. If average is 75, if I'm in a good mood I might give him a 76-77.

And the deciding factor for me is if we're winning 3-4-5-6 games 25 mill is just much to keep him. There's no reason to.

Peyton Manning - 266 - 43
Tom Brady - 301 - 39
Drew Brees - 287 - 36
Ben RuthlessRaper - 233 - 35
Johnny Unitas - 211 - 34
Dan Marino - 242 - 33
John Elway - 234 - 31
Matthew Stafford - 165 - 31

That is the list of all time 4th quarter comebacks with games played and comebacks. So your logic of "if he didn't stink for 3 quarters" is complete garbage. Either that, or you think every guy on that list is average, because somehow, they got behind in every one of those games. And my guess is that if you looked up the defensive statistics of the teams all those quarterbacks played on during their careers.....Stafford would, by a large margin, have played on teams with the overall WORST defense of the bunch.

Every guy on that list above Stafford is or will be in the HOF.

Any other genius takes about "NEVER" winning games in the 4th quarter?

Tom Brady - 301 - 39
Drew Brees - 287 - 36
Johnny Unitas - 211 - 34
Dan Marino - 242 - 33
John Elway - 234 - 31

That is the list of all time 4th quarter comebacks with games played and comebacks. So your logic of "if he didn't stink for 3 quarters" is complete garbage. Either that, or you think every guy on that list is average, because somehow, they got behind in every one of those games. And my guess is that if you looked up the defensive statistics of the teams all those quarterbacks played on during their careers.....Stafford would, by a large margin, have played on teams with the overall WORST defense of the bunch.

Comparing Matt to those guys isn't fair. Matt had so many more opportunities since the Lions are usually down going into the 4th quarter!

Out of his 31 4th quarter comebacks, none of them were vs a team that ended up with a winning record. They still count, but he only does it against average or bad teams.

Comparing Matt to those guys isn't fair. Matt had so many more opportunities since the Lions are usually down going into the 4th quarter!

Out of his 31 4th quarter comebacks, none of them were vs a team that ended up with a winning record. They still count, but he only does it against average or bad teams.

Do you think the teams defense has anything to do with those games needing to be comeback wins?

Tom Brady - 301 - 39
Drew Brees - 287 - 36
Johnny Unitas - 211 - 34
Dan Marino - 242 - 33
John Elway - 234 - 31

By watching the games I've seen him stink it up for much of the game to having a drive for a winning FG. Overall he had a bad game but won it in the end. I'll give him some credit we did win. Why do you think those top guys didn't have more its because they were ahead in the 4th and didn't need a comeback. And because of that its hard to think Matt is as good as Elway with 4th quarter comebacks. Context.

And the eight he had in 2016 it wasn't such a good year as far league wide QB.

Back