Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Hockey 3/15/20

9 seniors playing on senior day. This type of hockey just freaking stinks. ND plays clutch and grab and trap type hockey. Hard hitting but low scoring affairs. Um needs a break. Need to grind out a goal somehow.

Last edited:
Fuck . Review goal and ND fucking leads 1-0. Damn it. This sucks.

That is it. 2-0 ND. Bad defensive tendencies crop up again. 6:43 left. Damn it. Just awful play from Mel’s team.

Hey Mel. When your team starts the season bad no 8-1-1 stretch will help. Now 8-3-1 stretch. Nice senior weekend Choke job.

Um has to win btt probably to make ncaa now.

Last edited:
I will post records later in the week. I am So frustrating how they played this weekend. Embarrassing losses this weekend. Mel has to find a way to start the season better.

Last edited:
Big ten standings.

https://bigten.org/confstandings.aspx/2019-20/mhockey?path=mhocke

Final weekend. Osu and Minnesota have a shot to snag regular season title from Psu. Both are 4 points behind Psu....ND could tie Psu with a sweep of MSU. Both Michigan and Michigan state are playing for a higher spot in the standings. Both could get closer to ncaa bids with wins to..

Psu season is over in big ten.
Wisconsin @ Osu. 2 games.
Michigan @ Minnesota 2 games.
Msu @ ND 2 games.

Michigan blows a 2-0 third period lead at the 14:14 mark. Gophers tie it up at 2-2.
Neither team scores in the overtime’s. Michigan wins the shootout. I will update the record in a bit.

Mann stood on his head though. Out shot 55-33.

Last edited:
So frustrating. Even though Michigan gets the extra point in the shooting out win it’s still a freaking tie. Um 10-10-3. 15-14-4 now.

I have no clue why the Gophers 9-7-7 conference record and 14-12-7 overall record has them so far ahead of Michigan’s 10-10-3. And 15-14-4 overall record in the Parwise rankings.

It’s funny Minnesota gets a tie and moves up 1 from 13 to 12. Um wins the shootout and falls from #20 to #21. Frustrating. We needed a sweep in regulation. Now we probably have to win btt.

Same with Nd who is 9-9-5 and 14-13-6. I guess a late sweep is better then out early sweep.

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwise-rankings/d-i-men/

Last edited:
Final regular season standings. Psu wins regular season title after Michigan takes 5 of 6 points from Minnesota at Minnesota, and Wisconsin goes to Columbus and does the same thing against the Buckeyes. Msu also takes enough points at Norte Dame. I think ND could have tied Psu with a sweep.
So road teams had great weekends this week.

Psu gets the bye in the quarterfinals.

https://bigten.org/confstandings.aspx/2019-20/mhockey?path=mhockey

Quarterfinals are the Best of three series. Next Friday, Saturday,and Sunday. Home team gets all three games.

#7 Wisconsin at #2 osu.
#6 MSU at #3 Michigan.
#5 ND at # 4 Minnesota.

Last edited:
Btt quarterfinals. Best 2 of 3. All games at higher seeded team.

March 6th.

#6 MSU @ #3 Michigan 7pm. Btn plus.

Last edited:
Michigan improves to 17-14-4 on the season beating MSU 3-0 in opening round of the best of three series. Teams play again Saturday night , and if necessary Sunday.

Big ten tournament quarterfinals.
Psu Bye.
Osu 9 Wisconsin 1................... Osu leads 1-0.
Um 3 Msu 0..............................Michigan leads 1-0.
Norte Dame 1 Minnesota 0.....Nd leads 1-0

Back