Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan @ MSU bball game

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Poor game plan... Nix, Payne and Green are slow... Should have run them off the floor and speed the game up.. again Hardaway is a no-show...

Really? You think Michigan can run with MSU? We'd really really like that.

johnny2x2x said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Poor game plan... Nix, Payne and Green are slow... Should have run them off the floor and speed the game up.. again Hardaway is a no-show...

your guards may have been able to run with michigan but your bigs would have no chance running. it may not be the greatest game plan but state isnt some high powered team that can run teams out of the gym.

johnny2x2x said:
[color=#006400 said:

my thoughts exactly. Plus, it's hard to run when there's no long rebounds. Really haven't been many chances to run.

allshouldbleedblue said:
amazing johnny jumps on the thread after the game is over lol.

I know, right?

I'm happy for them though. This means a lot to them, esp. since they've told us that 4 wins in a row automatically means a program is better than another program. Would hate to see them have to backpedal on that claim...

No real surprise with this game. Didn't expect Michigan to win. MSU and their fans were clearly desperate. Hopeful of a week sweep with a road game at Nebraska, and home to Illinois.

allshouldbleedblue said:
amazing johnny jumps on the thread after the game is over lol.

Whatever, I was on here offering congratulations right after the end of the last game.

the good news for michigan is with this run by hardaway theres no doubt he should be back next year.

i don't understand why everyone is talking about gameplan. the gameplan was fine. we had a ton of opportunities to score and probably 5 or 6 threes that were wide open and missed. We played our game, but couldn't make shots that we're supposed to make. The gameplan didn't fail. The players failed.

this is about the time last year when evan and tim hardaway got hot. If that happens again this year, we're going deep into the B1G tourny and the NCAA tourny.

Win by the 3 die by the 3. I hate this game plan but oh well. We have players that need to learn how to drive the lane like Hardaway and Burke. They make the move and power into it but then dont go up strong. We cant get a rebound on either end and now we dont hit any shots. So our offense right now is throw up 3s we arent hitting, drive the lane so late in the game that the fouls wont matter and let the other team control the boards. These are things that need to be adjusted if we want to make a run in the tourney.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]i don't understand why everyone is talking about gameplan. the gameplan was fine. we had a ton of opportunities to score and probably 5 or 6 threes that were wide open and missed. We played our game, but couldn't make shots that we're supposed to make. The gameplan didn't fail. The players failed.

this is about the time last year when evan and tim hardaway got hot. If that happens again this year, we're going deep into the B1G tourny and the NCAA tourny.

Nix, Payne, and a supposedly bad Knee Green cannot get back on defense all game... I just disagree with you... If what you are doing is not working change things up... Our offense was not getting open shots the first 10 minutes of the game...

motown1958 said:
Win by the 3 die by the 3. I hate this game plan but oh well. We have players that need to learn how to drive the lane like Hardaway and Burke. They make the move and power into it but then dont go up strong. We cant get a rebound on either end and now we dont hit any shots. So our offense right now is throw up 3s we arent hitting, drive the lane so late in the game that the fouls wont matter and let the other team control the boards. These are things that need to be adjusted if we want to make a run in the tourney.

What game were you watching... We only attempted 22 threes and made 7 of them for a 31.7 %.... Could be better but we go inside alot they just were not falling today...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":kjn7lz9y]i don't understand why everyone is talking about gameplan. the gameplan was fine. we had a ton of opportunities to score and probably 5 or 6 threes that were wide open and missed. We played our game, but couldn't make shots that we're supposed to make. The gameplan didn't fail. The players failed.

Nix, Payne, and a supposedly bad Knee Green cannot get back on defense all game... I just disagree with you... If what you are doing is not working change things up... Our offense was not getting open shots the first 10 minutes of the game... [/quote:kjn7lz9y]

you can't run if there are no opportunities to run. If you are saying we should have quickened the pace and attacked the basket, then I can buy that as an argument against the gameplan. But, again, that's not our game. Our team is a slow it down, take care of the basketball, take good shots, and play good defense. We slowed it down, didn't take care of the ball, took good shots (but missed them), and played so-so defense.

39-15 on the glass, that's the story of the game. Draymond out rebounded U of M 16-15 on his own.

State really had its chances to go up big, but U of M just hangs around and is a tough team to put away.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":i0vevqee]

Nix, Payne, and a supposedly bad Knee Green cannot get back on defense all game... I just disagree with you... If what you are doing is not working change things up... Our offense was not getting open shots the first 10 minutes of the game...

you can't run if there are no opportunities to run. If you are saying we should have quickened the pace and attacked the basket, then I can buy that as an argument against the gameplan. But, again, that's not our game. Our team is a slow it down, take care of the basketball, take good shots, and play good defense. We slowed it down, didn't take care of the ball, took good shots (but missed them), and played so-so defense. [/quote:i0vevqee]

When what you do is not working... Change it up early.. Slowing it down just helps Payne,and Nix, and green who you can tire up..

Well, that was fun, wasn't it? Michigan got completely dominated on the boards, missed some wide-open shots, missed some contested shots, missed some free throws, and had some stupid turnovers, losing by 10. Score probably should've been worse, but they had some very good chances to make it better. MSU was just the better team today. Draymond sure looked like he had a miraculous recovery and Izzo did his typical crygame to the refs even when his team was winning by 14.

Back