Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Softball update 7/6/22

1 out single.
Another single after having her 1-2 count.

Last edited:
Lost 3-2 in 11 innings. Bats and dumb pitching in 7th killed Michigan.

Was watching the game. Michigan had the lead pretty much up to the 7th and then gave it up. I had a feeling they were going to need more than 2 runs to win this game. And then the bats went cold, not that they were hot to begin with. They couldn't hit the UCF pitcher that had thrown 185+ pitches? Not good. And they used every pitcher they had in the loss. I hope they have enough gas left in the tank.

They had ucf down to last strike. That 2-2 pitch could been better.

Was watching the game. Michigan had the lead pretty much up to the 7th and then gave it up. I had a feeling they were going to need more than 2 runs to win this game. And then the bats went cold, not that they were hot to begin with. They couldn't hit the UCF pitcher that had thrown 185+ pitches? Not good. And they used every pitcher they had in the loss. I hope they have enough gas left in the tank.

They?re not going to need it.

They?re not going to make regardless.

Winner of this region gets the winner of the Oklahoma region. Whoever advances probably gets drilled.

Must be a delay. I Do not see any updates. I have to run some errands.

Go Blue !

Last edited:
Wolverines' NCAA Regional Elimination Game Postponed to Sunday
5/21/2022 10:32:00 PM
// Leah Howard
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The University of Michigan softball team's NCAA Regional elimination game has been pushed to 11:30 a.m. tomorrow (Sunday, May 22) due to thunderstorms and a tornado warning around the UCF Softball Complex on Saturday night (May 21).

The elimination game between South Dakota State and Villanova was delayed for lightning in the fourth inning for three hours and 16 minutes, and resumed to get in another frame and a half before another lightning delay with the score tied at 1 through five innings.

SDSU and Villanova will resume at 10 a.m. Sunday. Michigan is scheduled to face the winner at 11:30 a.m. The game will be streamed live on ESPN+.

With a win in the elimination game, Michigan looks to advance to the regional championship through the losers' bracket. UCF, which defeated the Wolverines 3-2 in 11 innings earlier Saturday, sits in the championship game and needs to win just once to claim the regional crown.

They?re not going to need it.

They?re not going to make regardless.

Yeah, I saw that. This year's team has not been as good as previous year's. Pitching not as dominant, though it has been good, and the offense has not been very good. I'd still like to see them advance to the super regional. The delay only helped. I saw some where that according to NCAA rules you can't play three games back to back on the same day. Don't know if it is true, but if it is and Michigan makes it to the final, and wins the first game, then the final game wouldn't be until Monday giving them some rest time.

Villanova leads sdsu 4-3 bottom 7. I have to do some yard work. Hopefully Michigan plays a lot of games today ! Go blue !

Villanova leads sdsu 4-3 bottom 7. I have to do some yard work. Hopefully Michigan plays a lot of games today ! Go blue !

Schedule shows 11:30 AM EDST start.

I?m not showing it?s a viewable anywhere, except for live and in person.

I?m not even finding a game cast. I guess if Michigan manages not to lose this one, one or both of the foregoing games will probably be on ESPN2.

Re: ESPN website Michigan is up 4-0 in the 2nd. Scored one in the 1st, and 3 in the 2nd. Hope they make short work of SDSU.

Back