Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MLB eliminates 42 MiLB farm teams Now MLB tells teams to provide housing for MiLB

Good news. Today the court approved our $185 million settlement with MLB for minor leaguers. 9 years of litigation. A landmark result that will provide much-needed backpay to thousands of ballplayers, and that yields important changes to the contract.

Last edited:
interesting

I read that MLBPA union dues are $85 per day (during the season). I wonder if they are going to charge the minor leaguers the same amount.

The last two links to stories about this deal doesn't offer any info on the dues.

The amount of $85. over the course of a season is over $13,000. So I would guess the minor league dues will be significantly less.

Complex leagues: $19,800 annually (up from $4,800)
Low-A: $26,200 (up from $11,000)
High-A: $27,300 (up from $11,000)
Double-A: $30,250 (up from $13,800)
Triple-A: $35,800 (up from $17,500)

Back