Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Move Decker

and a 2nd sure. WR's like higgins are a dime a dozen right now. Left tackles are not.

Yeah, they wouldn?t do that. A dime a dozen that would be our #1, still young, fill a void and create more cap space. Decker is good but far from elite.

We dont have the cap space to trade deckers deal either

Yeah, they wouldn?t do that. A dime a dozen that would be our #1, still young, fill a void and create more cap space. Decker is good but far from elite.

I do not understand the desire to finally get a solid, even GOOD, O-Line.... and then instantly want to trade one of them away.

Why?

Last edited:
I do not understand the desire to finally get a solid, even GOOD, O-Line.... and then instantly want to trade one of them away.

Why?

We have two natural LTs and will be forced to play one out of position. Clock starting ticking on Decker when we drafted Sewell. He?ll be gone by next years draft.

We dont have the cap space to trade deckers deal either

Cap space is an excuse for loosing teams. Winning franchises always find a way to make it work!

Sewell has completely sucked at LT the last 2 games. Worst 2 graded games than Decker has ever had.

The guy was barely 19 years old the last time he had played a snap in college... missed an entire year due to Covid... comes in and becomes the youngest guy to ever start at LT... is battling through an ankle injury... and you are expecting him to be a Pro Bowler simply because he was the first round pick.

Just let him learn and see how he progresses. Why are you expecting wins from this team? 0-17 is, and has been, the expectation. They still nearly beat the Ravens though, so maybe there is, you know, a chance!

The guy was barely 19 years old the last time he had played a snap in college... missed an entire year due to Covid... comes in and becomes the youngest guy to ever start at LT... is battling through an ankle injury... and you are expecting him to be a Pro Bowler simply because he was the first round pick.

Just let him learn and see how he progresses. Why are you expecting wins from this team? 0-17 is, and has been, the expectation. They still nearly beat the Ravens though, so maybe there is, you know, a chance!

Cause im done accecpting crap. were on a board with LKP...i get enough excuses from him. DC said it in his initial press conference...the excuses are over. Youre a top 10 pick at LT...stop playing like shit.

Make excuses for Okudah

Make excuses for pass rush

Make excuses for QB play

Meanwhile other teams can get gems like Micah Parsons. Other teams can get support from their 2nd and 3rd rd picks.

Ive been on here long enough for you to know how i feel about our GMs. Stop doing dumb shit cause im not going to be the one to give you excuses. You want to change a culture...stop making bonehead decisions.

Picking back to back DTs was a bonehead decision.

Not upgrading the roster at LB, WR or S....bonehead decision.

DC...stop making bonehead decisions. The team looks like a complete shit show. Talent or not...good coaching should shine through. This team is not well coached (cant line up for a punt return).

We cant expect the team to start having a winning culture when the leaders keep fucking up for decades. Holmes....he gets time to show he can change that...but hes off to a shaky start in my book.

Last edited:
Cause im done accecpting crap. were on a board with LKP...i get enough excuses from him. DC said it in his initial press conference...the excuses are over. Youre a top 10 pick at LT...stop playing like shit.

Make excuses for Okudah

Make excuses for pass rush

Make excuses for QB play

Meanwhile other teams can get gems like Micah Parsons. Other teams can get support from their 2nd and 3rd rd picks.

Ive been on here long enough for you to know how i feel about our GMs. Stop doing dumb shit cause im not going to be the one to give you excuses. You want to change a culture...stop making bonehead decisions.

Picking back to back DTs was a bonehead decision.

Not upgrading the roster at LB, WR or S....bonehead decision.

DC...stop making bonehead decisions. The team looks like a complete shit show. Talent or not...good coaching should shine through. This team is not well coached (cant line up for a punt return).

We cant expect the team to start having a winning culture when the leaders keep fucking up for decades. Holmes....he gets time to show he can change that...but hes off to a shaky start in my book.

Your opinions might make sense sometimes if you didn?t have some really bad takes as well. I remember you posted and said Aaron Donald is the only DT in the league who provides pass rush. It?s things like that I cannot take seriously. Just because you?re looking at pure sack numbers of a generational talent. LKP said some trolly stuff but you?re not much different.

McNeil and Levi can both start. Williams in a contract year, Hand on his usual IR. Brockers a 2 year stop gap at best. Levi has a 4 four quatro year contract. Mnceilis nose tackle not the 4i like lvi and both can grow and play. Both make sense long term to grow. Plus st brown and barnes. Cant help tartt took a cheap shot on ty williams. Collins quit and Anzalone a stop gap to teach the defense

Parsons would be garbage here i am sure. One guy cant transform things. You need 11 plus. Parsons could have torn his acl or achilles or whatever as a lion. Unknown. Ilb is not worth a high pick for this defense. Its lowest importance for the rams d

McNeil and Levi can both start. Williams in a contract year, Hand on his usual IR. Brockers a 2 year stop gap at best. Levi has a 4 four quatro year contract. Mnceilis nose tackle not the 4i like lvi and both can grow and play. Both make sense long term to grow. Plus st brown and barnes. Cant help tartt took a cheap shot on ty williams. Collins quit and Anzalone a stop gap to teach the defense

Parsons would be garbage here i am sure. One guy cant transform things. You need 11 plus. Parsons could have torn his acl or achilles or whatever as a lion. Unknown. Ilb is not worth a high pick for this defense. Its lowest importance for the rams d

most players are garbage on the Lions.

Brockers was a stupid signing. Why waste the money?

most players are garbage on the Lions.

Brockers was a stupid signing. Why waste the money?

You need to have some veterans that know what the hell they are doing, have a strong work ethic to teach the younger guys, and have had success before.

Remember back when we drafted Shaun Rogers and we had Dan Wilkinson here. Wilkinson was a damn fine player in his day, but he had terrible work habits. That was awful for Rogers as he picked those up and truly limited his potential. He would flash and then disappear for stretches because he wasn't in good enough physical shape due to his work habits.

Brockers works like a dog and is a leader. Guys like that set an example for the young guys. I think the mistake we made was Goff. He has been exactly what hes been the past couple years. A risk adverse QB who can play well for stretches, but doesn't scare a defense and turns the ball over more they he should for as conservative as he is. With a better defense he could settle in as a top 15-20 QB, but with where we are in the rebuild we shouldn't settle for that.

I get why Holmes did it. He basically got him for nothing and he has win a lot of games and has shown high end potential. Thought maybe we can get him back to that and he just needs to get away from McVay. So far it has been more of the same for Goff. My guess is that will continue.

We definitely would have been better off not wasting the cap space and getting a stop gap like Newton/Tyrod Taylor/Ryan Fitzpatrick. Would have been way cheaper and not like it would have made much of a difference. We will have committed at least 50 million to him if he is on the roster in 2022 and 40mil even if he isn't. That would have been better spent on extensions and preparing for a time when we are actually competitve.

Brockers is a legit consistent good run defender with some pass rush ability. Shoulder injury most of the year of course because we have the worst injury luck with anyone we sign long term (Okwara, Levy, Brockers etc etc etc) But like 1811 said, him and Anzalone are here to teach the defense to the young guys

Brockers cap hit is low this year too. And they traded for him for a super late rounder We will see if he sticks around next year or the year after but most likely 2 years from him as Levi grows. Lions have outs after this season for sure.

Your opinions might make sense sometimes if you didn?t have some really bad takes as well. I remember you posted and said Aaron Donald is the only DT in the league who provides pass rush. It?s things like that I cannot take seriously. Just because you?re looking at pure sack numbers of a generational talent. LKP said some trolly stuff but you?re not much different.

Show me what other DTs lead the league in hurries, pressures and/or sacks. Its a very short list. "Upgrading"/solidifying the interior dline was not going to help our pass rush....ever. And hasnt...

Ill accept your apology lol..

Last edited:

ILB isnt important for the Rams because they have an All World DT infront of them. We have shit....which is exposing the poor LB play.

ILB isnt important for the Rams because they have an All World DT infront of them. We have shit....which is exposing the poor LB play.

To say our LB play has been "poor" is being nice. They only show up on film for missed tackles, bad angles, being run out of plays by WR's and lost zone assignments.

Show me what other DTs lead the league in hurries, pressures and/or sacks. Its a very short list. "Upgrading"/solidifying the interior dline was not going to help our pass rush....ever. And hasnt...

Ill accept your apology lol..

Lions are 12th in league pass rush grade. Up significantly from 2020

You owe us an apology

Dts and interior defenders also do the dirty work so the edge defenders can get the majority of the pressures and LBs and safeties can blitz too. Most good defenses have an interior player that gets pressure. They are hoping Levi and McNeil get us there as they develop.

Heyward for Steelers, Campbell for the Ravens, Buckner with 49ers and now Colts, Clark for the Packers, Joseph with the Chargers, Tomlinson with the Vikings, Watt for Cardinals, Ed Oliver and Star for the Bills, Vea for the Bucs. Yeah DTs and interior defenders are important pieces to a defense. McNeil and Levi are rookies that need to grow too. Lions will find WRs, LBs and safeties this upcoming offseason while still having ability to take a QB in top 5.

Last edited:
Face it so many of us will be gone before they start winning. Maybe all of us. It's a lost cause. The Lions will take out the hardest of football fans.

Lions are 12th in league pass rush grade. Up significantly from 2020

You owe us an apology

Dts and interior defenders also do the dirty work so the edge defenders can get the majority of the pressures and LBs and safeties can blitz too. Most good defenses have an interior player that gets pressure. They are hoping Levi and McNeil get us there as they develop.

Heyward for Steelers, Campbell for the Ravens, Buckner with 49ers and now Colts, Clark for the Packers, Joseph with the Chargers, Tomlinson with the Vikings, Watt for Cardinals, Ed Oliver and Star for the Bills, Vea for the Bucs. Yeah DTs and interior defenders are important pieces to a defense. McNeil and Levi are rookies that need to grow too. Lions will find WRs, LBs and safeties this upcoming offseason while still having ability to take a QB in top 5.

I urge you to watch McNeil and Levi prior to commenting. McNeil is not taking on double teams lol. Levi is not beating his man 1v1....ever. Mcneil is standing straight up and getting blown off the ball...almost every play. These DTs are doing nothing for our pass rush....and nothing to protect our shitty LB play.

Back