Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU @ Purdue

The fact that this team is 8-1 with this defense is insane.

Hazelton shiuld be relieved of his duties in the locker room after the game.

Not sure what plays he can call when you have not 1 good corner and a LB that makes tackles 6 yards past the line of scrimmage and can?t cover.

Oh well 8 wins and 1 of them being Michigan. I will take that in Tucker?s 2nd year after the program being left in shambles.

Not sure what plays he can call when you have not 1 good corner and a LB that makes tackles 6 yards past the line of scrimmage and can?t cover.

There isn't a corner in the world that can cover 15 yards off the ball. They are out in horrible positions

There isn't a corner in the world that can cover 15 yards off the ball. They are out in horrible positions

They get beat no matter where they lineup. Hell Brantley doesn?t even move when the ball is snapped, Kimbrough falls down and Williams misses every tackle foot a first down.

we've had dog shit secondaries under Barnett before he went to FSU and we have one still/again since he's back. He was a great player for us but since Narduzzi left, he's been exposed - he wasn't just a bad DC, he's also a terrible position coach.

kimbrough gets blown off the line too though. At least when they play back they only give up 20 yds instead of 40+

I wasn't really concerned too much with the defense until that shitty michigan qb lit them up last week. Now it's certain that it's a huge problem.

we've had dog shit secondaries under Barnett before he went to FSU and we have one still/again since he's back. He was a great player for us but since Narduzzi left, he's been exposed - he wasn't just a bad DC, he's also a terrible position coach.

Yeah the corners haven?t been the No Fly Zone since Narduzzi. They are the glaring weakness on this team. The middle of the defense has been been bad in pass coverage also.

I wasn't really concerned too much with the defense until that shitty michigan qb lit them up last week. Now it's certain that it's a huge problem.

Yeah, that?s when I knew they were really bad. I knew they were weak but that showed they were bad. They don?t have a great pass rush combined with corners and linebackers that can?t cover at all.

Since we tied the game, Purdue scored on every possession on drives of 70, 51, 60, 93 and 78 yds and ate shit tons of clock. And they gave up 535 yds passing on the day - on long throws and massive yards after catches. The defense sucks.

I didn't expect to be in this position and I never thought we were a top 10 team so I can't be too bummed but I was hoping if we were going to get rolled, it would be by OSU, not Purue.

Last edited:
In hindsight I guess we should've onside kicked after the last score. Pretty funny to see a team throw every down to run out the clock lol

Virtually every team we've played has done that to us - we've been 120th or worse in pass defense pretty much all year.

In hindsight I guess we should've onside kicked after the last score. Pretty funny to see a team throw every down to run out the clock lol

I thought the same thing - after 1 play the line of scrimmage was our 35 - maybe they go more conservative after recovering an onside kick...

Yeah, that?s when I knew they were really bad. I knew they were weak but that showed they were bad. They don?t have a great pass rush combined with corners and linebackers that can?t cover at all.

they don't have a great pass rush because the NEVER blitz. The 3rd and goal blitz and the corner blitz against uofm are the only blitzes I remember seeing in weeks. I don't know why they show blitz all the time and then NEVER blitz - every one has to know the LBs are going to drop back on the snap - and leave the TE wide open.

Last edited:
This feels exactly like the time Saban's perfect season was blown at Purdue - actually I was probably more bummed then because expectations were much higher to start that year. I wonder if Breeze threw for over 500 in that game.

I guess the difference here is Purdue has 0 run game and still they threw all over us like Marino in his prime playing a high school team.

anyone have the DC's email address? we should start an email campaign recommending he blitz the corners on every play from now on - they won't be missed in coverage, might as well give them a shot at making a play.

Back