Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Msu vs Um

gotime909

Have a flight at 3 so gonna miss most of the game. Hoping they find ways to get Walker in space today. Maybe some direct snaps to him with Reed and Nailor in motion. Forcing some turnovers would be great too. Enjoy the game!

Don?t you guys traditionally post on the game thread on the M board during this game?

Lotsa mistakes, esp in the first half to get down 2 scores a couple times but they kept fighting. Didn?t like the 4 man rush all day - needed to blitz way more. They double teamed our DEs while we dropped LBs back and still guys got open all day. Made Case look like a hero. At times our corners looked literally lost - like when Kimbrough blew the second Anthony TD. Horst is an idiot and a liability - PF and 2 holding penalties. Walker had a great game against a solid D for the first time - he was an absolute beast.

Played themselves into a hole but fought their way out with a little help from the opponent. I?ll take it.

Lotsa mistakes, esp in the first half to get down 2 scores a couple times but they kept fighting. Didn?t like the 4 man rush all day - needed to blitz way more. They double teamed our DEs while we dropped LBs back and still guys got open all day. Made Case look like a hero. At times our corners looked literally lost - like when Kimbrough blew the second Anthony TD. Horst is an idiot and a liability - PF and 2 holding penalties. Walker had a great game against a solid D for the first time - he was an absolute beast.

Played themselves into a hole but fought their way out with a little help from the opponent. I?ll take it.

Hurst made some dumb penalties but the one driver I saw Cambell in he almost cost us the game. He can't pass block.

Got on my flight down 30-14. I'm laughing so fucking hard right now

What do you think MSU will be ranked tomorrow and Tuesday? I think they'll get 5 in the polls (better win that OSU, no bad loss like Oregon) but 6 in the BCS (behind OSU). Obviously still need to win out for a playoff spot, but still such a crazy turnaround this year.

Congrats to MSU, but you guys should remember to thank the officials too.

There was zero justification in overturning that 2nd quarter strip sack and you guys know it.

There was zero justification in overturning that 2nd quarter strip sack and you guys know it.

His shin was down while he still had control - it?s a low standard but that?s the rule. Maybe it wasn?t obvious enough to overturn but the replay definitely didn?t confirm a fumble. You have a better case for the no call PI on 4th down late in the game.

Dont forget we had 3 replays on a single drive - not like the refs were doing is any favors there, those things are momentum killers.

I was surprised we were able to get back in it - we were making so many mistakes through the middle of the third I thought we might lose by 28+ at one point.

Last edited:

Thought that was very questionable to overturn for sure. The no call PI on the 4th down incompletion was a huge miss too. But at the end of the day despite those bad calls you guys had your foot on our neck and let us up off the mat and punch you in the face. Your defense completely shit the bed when it mattered most. And your playcalling was questionable at best offensively when it mattered most, you can?t settle for 4 FGs on the road.

Thought that was very questionable to overturn for sure. The no call PI on the 4th down incompletion was a huge miss too. But at the end of the day despite those bad calls you guys had your foot on our neck and let us up off the mat and punch you in the face. Your defense completely shit the bed when it mattered most. And your playcalling was questionable at best offensively when it mattered most, you can?t settle for 4 FGs on the road.

It was certainly questionable, no more so than when time had run out and Michigan had less points.

Nice win, Spartan fans. Your team is a serious handful. Mel Tucker has done an incredible job. Can easily imagine you winning out.

In the eyes of every ESPN talking head here, the Spartans have put themselves in the driver?s seat to make CFP.

So there ya go. Your team?s win yesterday was a really big deal.

I ain?t gonna lie - this one is gonna sting for a while.

Absolutely agree with your comments as well. Up by 16 in the 3rd AND all those FGs instead of TDs, which has been an issue all year... that's on the UM players not executing and the MSU defense playing with... RELENTLESS... energy. That word being on their helmets was very much spot on. Really did like that alternate uni, probably their best ever. Sure as shit better than that Xmas ornament helmet from a few years ago.

Back