Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Msu vs Um

IMO, that's pretty amazing. Not a single ESPN analyst thinks OSU can beat MSU at home?

I don?t know that they said that. That?s the projection of likelihood in their minds as of today, maybe if the season were to end today.

If the Buckeyes beat the Spartans they?ll change their projections. They get to. They?re the media; they get to never be wrong.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gdbjw27QPJQ

Last edited:
IMO, that's pretty amazing. Not a single ESPN analyst thinks OSU can beat MSU at home?

it's pretty insane. I think we'll need another cold and rainy day in Columbus to take the energy out of all those 5 star prima donnas like in 2015 if we're going to pull off the win. I'm considering making the trip but if we need cold and rainy weather to win, maybe I just want to watch it from my couch instead - save myself 16 hours of driving over 3 days.

by the way, I know they both worked out but I have to say I thought it was pretty dumb for Tucker to go for 2 on both TDs, the first one especially - almost 20 minutes left in the game at that point and you still needed two more scores. Seemed like it was way to early to be thinking about a tie.

I like the coach to be aggressive but I would rather have seen the defense be a little more aggressive with blitzes - did we run any other than the one corner blitz that forced McNamara to make a rushed throw?

Last edited:
Absolutely agree with your comments as well. Up by 16 in the 3rd AND all those FGs instead of TDs, which has been an issue all year... that's on the UM players not executing and the MSU defense playing with... RELENTLESS... energy. That word being on their helmets was very much spot on. Really did like that alternate uni, probably their best ever. Sure as shit better than that Xmas ornament helmet from a few years ago.

The shiny helmet (I think we wore them in 2012 at UM)? I actually kind of liked those. Pretty sure that?s the only time we ever wore them.

Congrats to MSU, but you guys should remember to thank the officials too.

There was zero justification in overturning that 2nd quarter strip sack and you guys know it.

This year the replay officials were totally in the bag for MSU, last year we only won because of Covid and no fans in the stands, 2017 we won because of the rain during the game. We've also won games because of clock operators, crowned fields, and recruiting kids with questionable character like Will Gholston because he slapped Taylor Lewan. 2015 we only won because of a snap and the Joe Bolden targeting ejection.

You guys handle a loss with the realism, dignity, and grace of Trump supporters.

This year the replay officials were totally in the bag for MSU, last year we only won because of Covid and no fans in the stands, 2017 we won because of the rain during the game. We've also won games because of clock operators, crowned fields, and recruiting kids with questionable character like Will Gholston because he slapped Taylor Lewan. 2015 we only won because of a snap and the Joe Bolden targeting ejection.

You guys handle a loss with the realism, dignity, and grace of Trump supporters.

I absolutely love the fact that UM fans and coaches have no idea why they lost...again.

I've watched the game several times now, from the first play of the game through the last play of the game, MSU out hit Michigan. We were punishing their players all game, on both sides of the ball. By the 2nd half, Blake Corum was running like he didn't want to get hit anymore. In the meantime 5-9, 210 lb Kenneth Walker was lowering his shoulder and trucking Josh Ross for a first down late in the game. MSU was the hammer, every thing wearing white and piss yellow was the nail. When a team is that much more physical, it's no wonder we ended the game on a 23-3 run.

UM probably has more top end talent than MSU right now, but Tucker is changing that rapidly, but MSU was tougher, we hit harder, and we had way more left in the tank for the 4th quarter because that's how the team is built.

In physicality, it looked like an SEC team vs a Big Ten team Saturday. Walker, Nailor, Reed, Heyward, and Hunt were finishing runs with their shoulders down on offense. Crouch was wiping guys out with tackles and power bombing some dumb RB who decided to hurdle someone in traffic. Xavier Henderson lit Corum up one on one in space with a hit Corum's grandchildren are probably going to feel. And little 165 lb Charles Brantley lit 245 lb Eric All up with 5 minutes left knocking him out of the game for good. BTW, Brantley is going to be a star at MSU as early as next season, give him 1 good off season to add 20 lbs of muscle and he's going to be the best cover corner we've had since Waynes.

Watch the game again, MSU hammered Michigan physically for 60 minutes. The tougher team won.

Last edited:
I absolutely love the fact that UM fans and coaches have no idea why they lost...again.

I've watched the game several times now, from the first play of the game through the last play of the game, MSU out hit Michigan. We were punishing their players all game, on both sides of the ball. By the 2nd half, Blake Corum was running like he didn't want to get hit anymore. In the meantime 5-9, 210 lb Kenneth Walker was lowering his shoulder and trucking Josh Ross for a first down late in the game. MSU was the hammer, every thing wearing white and piss yellow was the nail. When a team is that much more physical, it's no wonder we ended the game on a 23-3 run.

UM probably has more top end talent than MSU right now, but Tucker is changing that rapidly, but MSU was tougher, we hit harder, and we had way more left in the tank for the 4th quarter because that's how the team is built.

In physicality, it looked like an SEC team vs a Big Ten team Saturday. Walker, Nailor, Reed, Heyward, and Hunt were finishing runs with their shoulders down on offense. Crouch was wiping guys out with tackles and power bombing some dumb RB who decided to hurdle someone in traffic. Xavier Henderson lit Corum up one on one in space with a hit Corum's grandchildren are probably going to feel. And little 165 lb Charles Brantley lit 245 lb Eric All up with 5 minutes left knocking him out of the game for good. BTW, Brantley is going to be a star at MSU as early as next season, give him 1 good off season to add 20 lbs of muscle and he's going to be the best cover corner we've had since Waynes.

Watch the game again, MSU hammered Michigan physically for 60 minutes. The tougher team won.

we're always tougher, physically and mentally. UM only wins when they're huge favorites and are having a much better season, whenever it's reasonably close, we win. Harbaugh has been favored in all 7 matchups against MSU, think about that for a minute. I can't remember UM winning as the underdog in the last 15 or 20 years.

we're always tougher, physically and mentally. UM only wins when they're huge favorites and are having a much better season, whenever it's reasonably close, we win. Harbaugh has been favored in all 7 matchups against MSU, think about that for a minute. I can't remember UM winning as the underdog in the last 15 or 20 years.

A fact is that Michigan only beats MSU when we're down. They've beaten an MSU team that went onto win 9 games or more once in the rivalries history, they've beaten 8 win MSU teams only a couple times. They beat MSU teams that are 7 or fewer win teams.

Harbaugh beat two 7-6 and one 3-9 MSU team, he lost to 12-2, 10-3, 2-5, and 8-0 MSU teams. Hoke beat a 7-6 MSU team. Carr beat 1 8-5 MSU team in 2003. Before that you have to go back to the 80s to find the only other time UM beat an 8 win MSU team. The only time UM has beaten a 9 win MSU team was in 1955.

2 8 win teams, and 1 9 win team in the rivalries history. MSU has beaten many 8+ win UM teams, and a lot of 10+ win UM teams too. This is why Michigan fans feel so threatened by MSU when we're building a good program, it means they're doomed to failure in state.

Last edited:
A fact is that Michigan only beats MSU when we're down. They've beaten an MSU team that went onto win 9 games or more once in the rivalries history, they've beaten 8 win MSU teams only a couple times. They beat MSU teams that are 7 or fewer win teams.

Harbaugh beat two 7-6 and one 3-9 MSU team, he lost to 12-2, 10-3, 2-5, and 8-0 MSU teams. Hoke beat a 7-6 MSU team. Carr beat 1 8-5 MSU team in 2003. Before that you have to go back to the 80s to find the only other time UM beat an 8 win MSU team. The only time UM has beaten a 9 win MSU team was in 1955.

2 8 win teams, and 1 9 win team in the rivalries history. MSU has beaten many 8+ win UM teams, and a lot of 10+ win UM teams too. This is why Michigan fans feel so threatened by MSU when we're building a good program, it means they're doomed to failure in state.

We were down for a decade or so between Saban and MD, so that's not really there fault but since MD has taken over we've always won as long as we're in the same stratosphere. Michigan never upsets us, though we've rarely been favored even as we've dominated the last 14 years.

They've been a middle or the pack(big ten) team for pretty much the last 2 decades. Most delusional fan base in sports.

They've been a middle or the pack(big ten) team for pretty much the last 2 decades. Most delusional fan base in sports.

They have a helmet, a stadium, and a song. That's about it, when it comes to actual, on field results, they might be the 6th best team in the big ten in the last 20 years.

They have a helmet, a stadium, and a song. That's about it, when it comes to actual, on field results, they might be the 6th best team in the big ten in the last 20 years.

Ohio State
Wisconsin
MSu
Penn State
Iowa

Those are the top 5 programs in the conference the last 15 years. Northwestern has made Indy a couple times so they might get 6th. UM is 7th, highest of the teams that haven't made it to Indy. That's what they mean by leaders and best...7th.

Ohio State
Wisconsin
MSu
Penn State
Iowa

Those are the top 5 programs in the conference the last 15 years. Northwestern has made Indy a couple times so they might get 6th. UM is 7th, highest of the teams that haven't made it to Indy. That's what they mean by leaders and best...7th.

past 20 years number of final rankings in the top 10 / 25

OSU 15 / 17
PSU 6 / 9
WI 4 / 15
Iowa 4 / 8
MSU 4 / 7
UM 3 / 11

So, if you rank them by top 10 finishes
OSU
PSU
WI
Iowa
MSU
UM

If you rank by top 25 finishes
OSU
WI
UM
PSU
Iowa
MSU

past 20 years number of final rankings in the top 10 / 25

OSU 15 / 17
PSU 6 / 9
WI 4 / 15
Iowa 4 / 8
MSU 4 / 7
UM 3 / 11

So, if you rank them by top 10 finishes
OSU
PSU
WI
Iowa
MSU
UM

If you rank by top 25 finishes
OSU
WI
UM
PSU
Iowa
MSU

lol, you could hear the record scratch with this post.

Read the room, Tom

Read the room, Tom

read the stats - 2 of uofm's top 10 finishes (and 5 of 11 top 25s) were from '02 to '07. Since Carr left, it's 1 top 10 and 6 top 25s over 14 years (assuming they finish in the top 25 this year). This is nothing new - your fan base has been relying on legacy data to make yourselves feel relevant for decades.

Now don't you go losing a bunch of games and making our win last Saturday look like just another beat down of a pedestrian, middle of the pack B1G team!

Last edited:

Read the room, Tom

Yes, Lloyd Carr had some strong seasons in the mid 2000's

big ten title game appearances

OSU 6
Wisconsin 6
MSU 3
NW 2
PSU 1
Iowa 1
Nebraska 1

Rutgers/Maryland/Michigan/Indiana/Purdue/Minnesota/Illinois 0

one big ten title since 2004

completely non competitive rivalry with OSU

lost 10 of 14 vs MSU. Michigan was favored in all of the last 7 games

You guys beat up on scrubs, scrape by the Indiana's of the world and get your souls crushed in every game that matters.

Yes, Lloyd Carr had some strong seasons in the mid 2000's

big ten title game appearances

OSU 6
Wisconsin 6
MSU 3
NW 2
PSU 1
Iowa 1
Nebraska 1

Rutgers/Maryland/Michigan/Indiana/Purdue/Minnesota/Illinois 0

one big ten title since 2004

completely non competitive rivalry with OSU

lost 10 of 14 vs MSU. Michigan was favored in all of the last 7 games

You guys beat up on scrubs, scrape by the Indiana's of the world and get your souls crushed in every game that matters.

Damn, I just re-read my post. look at that group you're in with zero title game appearances, some esteemed company there.

Minnesota has a decent chance to row their boat past michigan off that list this year too

Back