Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

My way too early yardage prediction thread

Thank you, I will do that. And if they make the playoffs, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If they don't, I won't shed a tear because it is status quo for them.

Tons of teams are extremely talented. Deal with it. The Lions are no more special than a majority of teams.

They have more talent than the majority of teams. But we'll agree to disagree on that. We'll see if they can put it all together with talent, coaching, production and wins. Can't wait to see what happens. One month until training camp.

Lions don't have more talent than the majority of the teams. That's just false.

And if they do, they sure suck at putting it together.

Last edited:
Lions don't have more talent than the majority of the teams. That's just false.

And if they do, they sure suck at putting it together.

It couldn't be more true have more talent than majority. Position by position. Lions are stacked. Most of AFc, rams, redskins, bucs, falcons, panthers, bears, cowboys, giants, eagles, cards. Lions win it. Even or more than Seattle, saints, packers San Fran too but debatable

It couldn't be more true have more talent than majority. Position by position. Lions are stacked. Most of AFc, rams, redskins, bucs, falcons, panthers, bears, cowboys, giants, eagles, cards. Lions win it. Even or more than Seattle, saints, packers San Fran too but debatable
And they will still find a way to lose

What's funny about that? What has the organization provided you as a fan other than a broken heart, constantly choking, horrible draft picks, and total incompetence as a franchise? 1 playoff win in 50 years has to be one of the most disgusting stats you can dig up in professional sports. At least as a Michigan Wolverine fan they have some past success I can look to and remember.

Like I said, I used to share that mindset you have. I'd get excited about draft picks, new coaching regimes, schemes, all that crap. There's no reason to get all fired up and passionate until they are able to show something on the field, which they have yet to do.

Sure there's reason to get fired up. Brand new season! I get all the heartache and the let downs, but this is all we got! lol. If I don't have this, then wtf is all this worth it for?? Seriously...

My views aren't quite as bad as you make them sound..my big issue is with Stafford. I wish we had a new QB. I don't have "faith" in him.

I do. And he's going to show the world why this year. Ranked as the #4 QB by ESPN this year. I know that don't mean shit, but someone is thinking big things for him this year. Get on board, Mitch!!

The hell is informed loyalty? Did you just make that phrase up?

Fine, whatever, don't care, call it whatever you want. Just prove it. Until they do it, I don't get excited about draft picks, coaching changes, none of it. I used to. Weee!!!! Marinelli, he's going to turn this defense into a juggernaut! Yayyy Mooch he'll make that offense hum! Morhenweig, "the bar is high." New weapons, Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones, Javhid Best, Harrington.

Seen it all. Used to get excited about EVERY move they made, and every draft pick. I bought into everything that came out of their mouths at press conferences because I was naive. I spewed the same excuses that you do to justify losses. "If only they would have done this, or the ball wasn't tipped that way..."

You'll get there. It's just going to take another decade of failure until you understand how this organization functions (doesn't function). Until then, show me. Prove it on the field, enough talk.

Hey, I got 40 years of dog piss myself, bro. You're not alone!! ;)

Go Lions!!!!

In the end, as ridiculous as I think LKP can be, I'd be so fucking happy if they did all he said they would do. I'd like to think we're all Lions fans here and that even though it might make many of us look silly, a deep playoff run would be amazing beyond words.

So indeed, go Lions!! :cheers:

Just remembered this.

What I said at the beginning of the year:

Cj: 1600
gt: 1100
ee: 900
bp: 400
jf: 200
rb: 550
jb: 500

What actually happened:

Calvin: 1077
Tate: 1331
Ebron: 248
Grew: 70
Fauria: 74
Bush: 253
Bell: 322

Misc: ~850

Injuries definately hurt. Ebron missed 3. Fauria missed 9, CJ/Bush were gimped out for a bunch too.

Just remembered this.

What actually happened:

Injuries definately hurt. Ebron missed 3. Fauria missed 9, CJ/Bush were gimped out for a bunch too.

Yeah, you were way off dude. EE could have played 10 more games and he wasn't cracking 900.

Just remembered this.

What actually happened:

I give you props for bumping your own failure. In your defense, everyone that tried their hand at this failed though.

I really got a kick out of all of the Buffalo bashing at the end. One too many glasses of Kool-Aid I guess.

Meh. I was just something fun. I don't think anybody saw our offense going down the shitter like it did. They didn't use Ebron like I thought they would(I figured across the middle stuff, not the 7-8 yd dumpoff guy). Fuller, Riddick, and Ross(especially) got a lot more yardage than most thought too.

Stafford 9th in yardage still with Calvin out 3 games and hurt in 2 others. Tate exceeded expectations by far. Ebron better get it together year 2. More down the seam stuff. Though going conservative reduced the turnovers by 14 and led to 11 wins.

We need a slot WR if they refuse to play Broyles.

Back