Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Next GM and Head Coach

thehippo73

Since this looks to be Quinntricia's last season, who do you guys want as GM and HC

For me it is easy.

GM John Dorsey. He helped build two of this years playoff contenders Chiefs and Browns. Notable draft picks Mahomes, Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb. He has some bad picks as well but most of his picks have been good picks.

HC Eric Bieniemy. He is connected with John Dorsey and is running one of the NFLs most exciting offenses.

I want Dorsey more than Bieniemy. If there is talent on the field most decent to good coaches can win.

Just my opinion, who do you guys want?

He got fired twice. Dorsey that is. Not sure if either was justified and he does look good on paper. On HC I think I want an offensive guy myself and get the best DC you can find.

And wouldn't worry about an OC too much and let the HC, esp. if Bieniemy, call the plays. We've failed too much trying to get a good OC.

He got fired twice. Dorsey that is. Not sure if either was justified and he does look good on paper. On HC I think I want an offensive guy myself and get the best DC you can find.

And wouldn't worry about an OC too much and let the HC, esp. if Bieniemy, call the plays. We've failed too much trying to get a good OC.

Dorsey was fired in Cleveland because the owners wanted to restructure the front office and Dorsey didn't want to be part of it. In KC, he was fired due his management style

Basically sounds like the guy is an asshole but a helluva a GM.

The one thing I worry about, well 2 -- they hire a HC first limiting the GM candidates because the GM would have to be okay with the HC. And a in house guy, they just interviewed 4 in-house guys for GM.

The one thing I worry about, well 2 -- they hire a HC first limiting the GM candidates because the GM would have to be okay with the HC. And a in house guy, they just interviewed 4 in-house guys for GM.

If we go in house for the GM position, we are not going to get better. I don't want the same old thing. Give me a new perspective.

As far as hiring the head coach first, I think it would be a mistake. Not that it can't work out that way. Ron Rivera in Washington was hired before the GM. But that is the exception. I want the best candidate for each position and hired the HC first eliminates that possibility.

If we go in house for the GM position, we are not going to get better. I don't want the same old thing. Give me a new perspective.

As far as hiring the head coach first, I think it would be a mistake. Not that it can't work out that way. Ron Rivera in Washington was hired before the GM. But that is the exception. I want the best candidate for each position and hired the HC first eliminates that possibility.
Never hired the HC first.

Jets going after Bill Cowher. Wish the lions would !

I don?t. I?m done with old coaches. Unless they?re hiring young OC/DC?s and letting them run their units.

Then Cowher would be a solid hire. But I don?t want someone that would bring in an old school power I offensive system or something like that.

Lions interviewing former Texans GM Rick Smith. He was never fired. Texans were winning but he stepped down due to his wifes breast cancer after 2017 season

Not sure about Barry but I like the Spielman hire. Good defensive mind who worked his ass off.

Not sure how I feel about this. Love those guys.....but what qualifications do they have to help, even in the slightest way, pick a successful GM or coach?

Spielman reminds me of a guy who would LOVE Rod Marinelli. "Pound the rock".

Who knows. John Lynch was a defensive football player, went to the broadcasting booth for several years, and it appears that he is now a very successful GM. Maybe that is a good path to get to know the league. Of course, maybe Lynch is really smart. He went to Stanford and Spielman went to Ohio State.

Not sure on Barry at all. He didn't even seem to be very interested in football when he played.

?So I just set that up to tell you, there was one particular game, and I can?t remember it, but you know how Barry always used to come to the sideline and he would never take his helmet off. One particular game, he was sitting there on the sideline asleep. With his helmet on. I promise you, you can ask four or five guys. You can ask Kevin Glover, you can ask Brett Perriman. He was on the sideline sitting on the bench asleep during an NFL game. And I?m talking about, it wasn?t the first half of this game. I think we were in the second half of this game and this man is sitting on the bench asleep with his helmet on. It was just unbelievable how he could take it from zero to 60 just like that."

? Lomas Brown

Who knows. John Lynch was a defensive football player, went to the broadcasting booth for several years, and it appears that he is now a very successful GM. Maybe that is a good path to get to know the league. Of course, maybe Lynch is really smart. He went to Stanford and Spielman went to Ohio State.

Not sure on Barry at all. He didn't even seem to be very interested in football when he played.

?So I just set that up to tell you, there was one particular game, and I can?t remember it, but you know how Barry always used to come to the sideline and he would never take his helmet off. One particular game, he was sitting there on the sideline asleep. With his helmet on. I promise you, you can ask four or five guys. You can ask Kevin Glover, you can ask Brett Perriman. He was on the sideline sitting on the bench asleep during an NFL game. And I?m talking about, it wasn?t the first half of this game. I think we were in the second half of this game and this man is sitting on the bench asleep with his helmet on. It was just unbelievable how he could take it from zero to 60 just like that."

? Lomas Brown

you go try to run that fast and tell me you wont want a nap afterwards....

Back