Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Next GM and Head Coach

I hope we bring back Scott Linehan as OC whoever we hire as HC

No. This organization needs to be fresh from top to bottom. Don't want anyone who has been affiliated with the Lions, no matter what.

I don't understand why we're interviewing HC's without a GM.

Clean house. Sell the team.

Start with the Fords. They are clueless sadly. Have been so since 1961 or 1963 whenever the clock started. 12 playoff appearances since the early 1960’s. Only 1 conference championship and that was a blowout loss. Which if you remember the Lions only playoff win against the Cowboys I think I remember Madden saying that the the Cowboys and lions were both poised to become a fixture in the playoffs. Sadly that never seems to be the Lions. But like all long suffering Lions fan I will be drinking the Honolulu blue and silver Kool-Aid in the off season. Dare to dream. This state wouldn’t know what to do I’d the lions ever made a super bowl.

I really would like a tough mixed coach that takes no bs from anyone.

Last edited:
Clean house. Sell the team.

Start with the Fords. They are clueless sadly. Have been so since 1961 or 1963 whenever the clock started. 12 playoff appearances since the early 1960?s. Only 1 conference championship and that was a blowout loss. Which if you remember the Lions only playoff win against the Cowboys I think I remember Madden saying that the the Cowboys and lions were both poised to become a fixture in the playoffs. Sadly that never seems to be the Lions. But like all long suffering Lions fan I will be drinking the Honolulu blue and silver Kool-Aid in the off season. Dare to dream. This state wouldn?t know what to do I?d the lions ever made a super bowl.

I really would like a tough mixed coach that takes no bs from anyone.
They're not going to sell.

I will start enjoying this team again when Matt is trades or just leaves. Doesn't matter if the new guy is good or terrible.

They're not going to sell.

I will start enjoying this team again when Matt is trades or just leaves. Doesn't matter if the new guy is good or terrible.

LOL it does matter if the new guy is good or terrible

Your hate is misguided. Stafford is a big bright spot. Flowers is a bright spot. Okwara was. Swift and Hock are big bright spots. Decker and Ragnow and Jackson are nice bright spots. Hand above average on a cheap contract. Okudah potential. And maybe AO if they get much more pass rush. Walker if he returns to 2018/2019 form and probably should move back to free safety.

But still, 8-9 new defensive starters, one Oline, power back and figure out the FA WR situation. Work to be done. We'll see if they burn it all down and get rid of Stafford. Poor poor rookie.

head coaches dropping like flies.

This is probably the order of "job appeal". Jets and Lions are probably tied for least desirable.

Texans
Chargers
Falcons
Jags
Lions
Jets

head coaches dropping like flies.

This is probably the order of "job appeal". Jets and Lions are probably tied for least desirable.

Texans
Chargers
Falcons
Jags
Lions
Jets

Because the dumbass lions should have hired a GM by now but they are waiting for some dumbass reason. They could be in the process of hiring a HC by now....but they are late per usual and will be left with scraps yet again.

Nobody who fired their GM has a GM yet

And the Panthers GM will have to accept Matt Rhule as coach

Saleh and Bienemy interviewing with other teams without GMs too. Window just opened today to interview these guys due to season over and bye for Chiefs

Last edited:
Why would any good candidate consider a team that doesn't even have a GM?

It can work for top-tier candidates (thinking Andy Reid-KC), but guys like that will never come to Detroit. Like always, the Lions will have to gamble on someone inexperienced or hire some mediocre retread because that?s all they can get.

I?m already preparing myself for a Marvin Lewis hire and a decade of 7-8 win seasons.

I read they cant without compensation because its the same job title. Theres a grey area because he would have final say here and doesnt in Sea (Carrol has final say). But its highly likely we would need to compensate. This is obviously all moot since he probably doesnt want to come to this shithole.
That's the thing its a step up which is why they could do it.

Saleh and Bienemy interviewing with other teams without GMs too. Window just opened today to interview these guys due to season over and bye for Chiefs
Just because other teams do it doesn't mean we're not dumb asses. Rule number 1 get GM, rule number 2 get HC.

Last edited:
It can work for top-tier candidates (thinking Andy Reid-KC), but guys like that will never come to Detroit. Like always, the Lions will have to gamble on someone inexperienced or hire some mediocre retread because that?s all they can get.

I?m already preparing myself for a Marvin Lewis hire and a decade of 7-8 win seasons.

Yup...the organizatoin needs to inject some new blood. But our old as owners will give us old ass regimes then wonder why the competitions has passed us by.

Saleh is a great option.

But if hes gone....Go Get Matt Campbell from Iowa State...talk about a guy that gets everything out of his players.

Not sure im that big on Bienemy. Its Andy Reids show with a generational talent like Mahomes directing it. Bienemy literally does nothing....

Yep. Caldwell all over again. Competency, but no real shot at a ring.

I read they cant without compensation because its the same job title. Theres a grey area because he would have final say here and doesnt in Sea (Carrol has final say). But its highly likely we would need to compensate. This is obviously all moot since he probably doesnt want to come to this shithole.

Grey area, which means if it comes down to a tampering charge, the NFL will side with the Seahawks most likely costing Detroit a third rounder.

Texans hiring Nick Caserio..pats guy..keeps better candidate available for Lions

Back