Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Next GM and Head Coach

Sheila said they want gm or hc to have prior experience. I do like Riddick or Smith too

i would love Riddick as GM. But my first choice remains John Dorsey.

I still don't have strong feelings for a HC. GM has to be great though. It will take a few years of very good drafts to put the kind of talent we need to compete in the playoffs.

I love this agents view when answering questions about possible 10-12 openings and not many good candidates

?Bill Cowher as a candidate ? do you know how long it has been since he was in the league? Seriously, I?m asking,? the agent said. ?He hasn?t coached in 14 years. I couldn?t even remember how long when I heard someone bring him up on TV. I had to look it up. At least when people bring up [Jim] Harbaugh, he?s been coaching at Michigan. He was in the NFL inside the last decade. So OK, fine. But Cowher getting brought up for 2021 is just ridiculous. But you?re going to hear the ridiculous if there are 10 openings.?.

I love this agents view when answering questions about possible 10-12 openings and not many good candidates

?Bill Cowher as a candidate ? do you know how long it has been since he was in the league? Seriously, I?m asking,? the agent said. ?He hasn?t coached in 14 years. I couldn?t even remember how long when I heard someone bring him up on TV. I had to look it up. At least when people bring up [Jim] Harbaugh, he?s been coaching at Michigan. He was in the NFL inside the last decade. So OK, fine. But Cowher getting brought up for 2021 is just ridiculous. But you?re going to hear the ridiculous if there are 10 openings.?.

how long was Gruden out?

10 years for Gruden. Hasn't done anything yet.

yup, but he's only been there 2 years. Took a 4 win team to a .500 team. Let's see where he goes from here

On the other side of the coin, Patricia and Quinn took a team that won 9 games in back to back seasons (the Lions hadn't had back to back winning seasons since 1994-1995) to 6 wins, 3 wins, then to 5 or 6 this year (3 last place finishes) :clap::lmao:

yup, but he's only been there 2 years. Took a 4 win team to a .500 team. Let's see where he goes from here

On the other side of the coin, Patricia and Quinn took a team that won 9 games in back to back seasons (the Lions hadn't had back to back winning seasons since 1994-1995) to 6 wins, 3 wins, then to 5 or 6 this year (3 last place finishes) :clap::lmao:

2018 was his first year there so this is season 3 for him. Took a 6-10 team then 4-12, 7-9, now 7-7. Needs more defense in Vegas. 2nd place up for grabs in that division but will take alot to catch the Chiefs but they did give them their only loss.

LOL

from ESPN article

New Year's resolution: Get the GM/head-coaching hires right

The Lions are once again facing a major organizational change, with a new general manager and head coach expected to be hired early in 2021. Without a division title since 1993 and a playoff win since the 1991 season and with questions at literally every position other than punter, making sure Detroit finally finds the correct pairing of head coach and general manager is imperative. The Lions have at least been talking with a plethora of candidates for the general manager search, a better sign of a more comprehensive process than when the team hired Bob Quinn. -- Michael Rothstein

Qb set, rb have 2 set, te set, oline pretty mucb set, dline have 2 set in flowers and hand but okwara a fa, see what other okwara can do, dt need, cb could be set or could cut trufsnt due to injury, wr fa issue not talent, lb needs but have collins, safety harmon a fa but walker still potential. Some are hitting fa but a great base and hof qb for the new gm

Rothstein is an idiot

Last edited:
Qb set, rb have 2 set, te set, oline pretty mucb set, dline have 2 set in flowers and hand but okwara a fa, see what other okwara can do, dt need, cb could be set or could cut trufsnt due to injury, wr fa issue not talent, lb needs but have collins, safety harmon a fa but walker still potential. Some are hitting fa but a great base and hof qb for the new gm

Rothstein is an idiot

saying there are questions doesn't mean they don't have some guys...just means there are some issues that need to be addressed. With the Lions...there are significant issues, more than almost every other team in the league.

QB...question given new GM may want to move on
RB...a few questions given Johnson sucks and AP to move on but the starter should be set.
TE...good with Hock
OL...probably need 2?
DL...you are wrong, very little talent there
LB...they all suck
DBs...question since they were terrible this year.

Qb is set. Will see if new gm is a dumbass and moves on. Unless stafford requests it
Kerryon is good cheap with swift..
Te set
Oline set with 4..vaitai another chance too
Dline. Flowers and Hand are good players..okwara a fa so only question
Collins is good but will see new scheme
Cb okudah, ao set. Coleman and trufant we shall see for cap space

5 games we've given up 40+ point. Get rid of all of them. Not one is worth it.

I hope we bring back Scott Linehan as OC whoever we hire as HC

Back