Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Next GM and Head Coach

Doesn't sound right. It's completely opposite of their collaboration philsophy

Or maybe they adopted that because Campbell turned them down and didn't want to give Dan more control

Matt Campbell was my first choice only cause i wanted something different. He seems to get the most out of his guys every year and he excells at taking 3 stars (or less) and turning them into a complete team.

Alot of ways to do a rebuild but i would have went with Matt Campbell, trade stafford, draft a rookie QB.

Love what Holmes has done in the draft. I like what the players (and coaches) are saying about the team...honestly what else do you expect them to say. The result will be garbage this year. If it doesnt turn around by year 3 and Goff still isnt right...we will be ready for another rebuild.

Matt Campbell was my first choice only cause i wanted something different. He seems to get the most out of his guys every year and he excells at taking 3 stars (or less) and turning them into a complete team.

Alot of ways to do a rebuild but i would have went with Matt Campbell, trade stafford, draft a rookie QB.

Love what Holmes has done in the draft. I like what the players (and coaches) are saying about the team...honestly what else do you expect them to say. The result will be garbage this year. If it doesnt turn around by year 3 and Goff still isnt right...we will be ready for another rebuild.

I agree about liking what is being said so far. My favorite point that Campbell and Glenn have made to this point is tailoring their system to the players they have.....which is exactly, IMO, why Fat Ass failed. He tried to force his system on players that couldn't run it. That is obvious in some of the situational coverages we had in critical situations the last 3 years. Christian Jones on Dalvin Cook. Jarrad Davis on Ezekial Elliot. Tavai on anyone. Walker on Devonte Adams.

Also, I think Goff gets a one year tryout. That's it. I know his restructure keeps him here for at least 2....but if he isn't successful this year, or at the very least show the promise to be very successful....we'll draft a QB in 2022 and Goff will be gone after the year is over. It wouldn't make ANY sense for Campbell and Holmes to hitch their wagon to a guy like that when they could buy themselves a couple more years by bringing in a rookie QB.

Last edited:
Goff will get two years of starting but they may draft a QB in 2022 and sit him.

QB Lions 2022 pick, WR or LB Rams 1st round pick, WR or LB early Round 2 2022. Free agent safety, WR and LB and another pass rusher if they get rid of Flowers with plenty of cap space still

Best Case Scenario is Goff is awesome and you can pick Thibodeaux at #2 and a WR with Rams Pick.

Thibodeaux replaces Flowers and you save a big chunk of cap space.

You have 0 WRs other than St Brown locked in for 2022. Rookie, St Brown and FA.

Draft a Safety in Rd 2 and you might start looking like an actual team.

Goff will put up better numbers than Staffs. Yep.

When? I don?t think a lot of people realize that his wr crew was stacked when he was ?successful?. Kupp, woods, Brandon cooks, Sammy Watkins, and prime Todd Gurley. That isn?t walking through the door anytime soon lol.

Back