Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Next GM and Head Coach

Seems like he is pulling assistant from all over the place. Got one from Jags, Saints, Rams, Chargers, Bears, Eagles, Ravens, and now the Bucs. Glad he's not just trying to pluck everyone from one team, gonna have a mix of a lot of different coaching backgrounds.

As far as Randle El, he was always an interesting player to watch. Not sure how that will translate to coaching, but we have to get him some WR's to work with first.

Randle el to cephus: just be fast and have good hands
Cephus in a beavis and butthead voice: ughhhh..huh huh....

Antoine Randle El new Lions WR coach

Maybe someone should check with the head meat head and make sure he understands we need players on our team. The coaching staff doesn't travel and play other coaching staffs. Just to make sure....

Maybe someone should check with the head meat head and make sure he understands we need players on our team. The coaching staff doesn't travel and play other coaching staffs. Just to make sure....

You cant sign anyone until march 17 and nobody has been cut yet so cant sign threre either. Stop being dumb. Like super unobservant of how an offseason works

You cant sign anyone until march 17 and nobody has been cut yet so cant sign threre either. Stop being dumb. Like super unobservant of how an offseason works

Lkp is in prime mid season form having everything go over his head. No shit you can't sign players yet.

Lkp is in prime mid season form having everything go over his head. No shit you can't sign players yet.

You dislike any lions move for no reason

Seems like a good coaching staff to many. We shall see

Meat head smarter and better nfl personnel man than you on your best day

You are a tofu head in this scenario

You dislike any lions move for no reason

Seems like a good coaching staff to many. We shall see

Meat head smarter and better nfl personnel man than you on your best day

You are a tofu head in this scenario

It was a simple joke referring to all his hires are former players. Its really not my fault you took it this seriously. Smoke some weed or something...

It was a simple joke referring to all his hires are former players. Its really not my fault you took it this seriously. Smoke some weed or something...

Listen tofu head. Stop calling him meat head

Also Lynn is but barely. and has OC and HC experience Wash isn't. Ben Johnson isn't. But yeah I already know you don't observe

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv5J06V-ESk5_1uriG65f3w?sub_confirmation=1

Some videos on press conferences with Duce Staley, Anthony Lynn, David Fipp, and Aaron Glenn.

Couple takeaways from Anthony Lynn's press conference. He believes, if possible, that rookie quarterbacks should ride the bench in year one. Said if they play before they are ready with all this social media coverage out there he can lose his confidence and never get it back. He said the best player has to play though, rookie or not which is obvious.

Also said he called the plays about 1/3 of his time in LA, and was very involved in play calling.

Listen tofu head. Stop calling him meat head

Also Lynn is but barely. and has OC and HC experience Wash isn't. Ben Johnson isn't. But yeah I already know you don't observe

Never called him meat head until his press conference. He brought it upon himself by sounding like one of the croods.

Never called him meat head until his press conference. He brought it upon himself by sounding like one of the croods.

He has said plenty of non meat head things. Its like you dont pay attemtion at all. Or just focus on one little thing and ignore the rest

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv5J06V-ESk5_1uriG65f3w?sub_confirmation=1

Some videos on press conferences with Duce Staley, Anthony Lynn, David Fipp, and Aaron Glenn.

Couple takeaways from Anthony Lynn's press conference. He believes, if possible, that rookie quarterbacks should ride the bench in year one. Said if they play before they are ready with all this social media coverage out there he can lose his confidence and never get it back. He said the best player has to play though, rookie or not which is obvious.

Also said he called the plays about 1/3 of his time in LA, and was very involved in play calling.

Interesting. Even after Herberts success. Like the play calling info there

10-6 and a playoff win might get a life long contract and keys to the city.

I don't know if Dan Campbell will be a good head coach in the NFL.

I don't know if he's the answer the Lions needed.

But I know that player motivation is not going to be the reason this team fails. His energy is infectious.

Last edited:
Instead of meat head, need to start referring to him as The Black Knight.

Someone with better skills than I needs to create a Monty Python The Black Knight wearing a Lions uni...and use his jersey number from the 2008 0-16 season...with the caption, "Come back here! I'll bite your knee caps off!!!"

Gotta respect the Never Surrender attitude.

I honestly do not recall another Lions new HC getting as much attention and respect. The atmosphere just feels different this time around. No matter how many negatives are put forth, this still feels like fresh air in the stale room that is the Lions.

Gotta win games, but the feel is different IMO.

I don't know if Dan Campbell will be a good head coach in the NFL.

I don't know if he's the answer the Lions needed.

But I know that player motivation is not going to be the reason this team fails. His energy is infectious.

He knows he needs good coordinators around him because he's a motivator, not an X's & O's guy. I'm absolutely fine with that. I like them talking about tailoring a system to the players.....that's something fat ass never did and IMO, one of the major reasons he failed so badly.

Back