Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFC Wildcard Race

Colts absolutely smoking the fraud queens
Followed by largest comeback in history. Wow

Last edited:
Even if we miss the playoffs I would still be proud of the team. They are doing exactly what I was hoping for on year 2 if the rebuild.

Year 1 - tank
Year 2 - compete for a playoff spot
Year 3 - tank.

You're welcome.

I was hoping the Vikings would lose so,it would make next weeks giants game a must win.
Frustrating. That ref crew in the colts Vikings games was terrible. The missed a Vikings scoop and score and Ryan easily had the first down on his qb sneak.He never came close to touching the ground.

Saturday is stupid Around 5 of 6 left up 36-28 Vikings pinned colts deep inside the five.
Instead of running the ball the colts threw the ball 3 times in a row and no clock moved at all.
Should have run at least once or twice.

Last edited:
NFC wildcard picture updated after Seattle loss. Detroits win. Dallas loss.

5.Dallas 10-4 (7-3) conference
Eagles
@ Titans
@ Washington
==============
6.Washington 7-5-1 (4-4-1) in conference.
NYG
@ 49ers
Cleveland
Dallas
==============
7.NYG 7-5-1 (3-5-1) in conference.
@ Washington
@ Minnesota
Colts
@ Philadelphia
=======================
8. Seattle 7-7 (5-6) in conference
@kc
NYJ
Rams
===============
#9 Detroit 7-7 (5-4) in conference
@ Carolina
Chicago
@ Green Bay

Last edited:
Kind of want Washington to win tonight... seems like they have the harder road the rest of the way.

wildcard picture updated after today .

Eagles
@ Titans
@ Washington
==============
6.NYG 8-5-1 (4-5-1) in conference.
@ Minnesota
Colts
@ Philadelphia
==================
7. Washington 7-6-1 (4-5-1) in conference.
@ 49ers
Cleveland
Dallas
=======================
@kc
NYJ
Rams
===============
@ Carolina
Chicago
@ Green Bay

wildcard picture updated after today .

Eagles
@ Titans
@ Washington
==============
6.NYG 8-5-1 (4-5-1) in conference.
@ Minnesota
Colts
@ Philadelphia
==================
7. Washington 7-6-1 (4-5-1) in conference.
@ 49ers
Cleveland
Dallas
=======================
@kc
NYJ
Rams
===============
@ Carolina
Chicago
@ Green Bay

looks like the Lions will be the #7 seed after next weekend. I don't see Washington or Seattle winning next week, and Carolina is a bad football team.

Refs were doing everything possible to help the Jets and Giants. Lions were flagged for some ticky tack holding calls

Lions 6 for 52 yards
Jets 2 for 20 yards
=============

On last two plays for Washington. On the goal line the refs called illegal
Formation on the wr. The Washington wide out asked the ref if he was on the line.
After the game he said the ref told him he was ok and I think gave him thumbs up
Sign to. Washington scored the td. Ref throw flag for illegal formation.

This official should be fired. It looks really bad . Rigged.

On fourth down play. Samuel was absolutely mugged by the giants db
It wasn?t even debatable. At least flags were the same but Washington
Was hosed that last series.

Washington..6 for 40 yards
Giants???.5 for 30 yards

Last edited:
Refs were doing everything possible to help the Jets and Giants. Lions were flagged for some ticky tack holding calls

Lions 6 for 52 yards
Jets 2 for 20 yards
=============

On last two plays for Washington. On the goal line the refs called illegal
Formation on the wr. The Washington wide out asked the ref if he was on the line.
After the game he said the ref told him he was ok and I think gave him thumbs up
Sign to. Washington scored the td. Ref throw flag for illegal formation.

This official should be fired. It looks really bad . Rigged.

On fourth down play. Samuel was absolutely mugged by the giants db
It wasn?t even debatable. At least flags were the same but Washington
Was hosed that last series.

Washington..6 for 40 yards
Giants???.5 for 30 yards

The no call on the PI was even worse than that lol. Washington got hosed at home

The no call on the PI was even worse than that lol. Washington got hosed at home

Got to sweep Daniel Snyder under the rug. Martin Mayhew is their GM though so he is used to this

Lions winning despite some ticky-tack holding calls is nice though

And Saleh misused his time outs big time. Meat head?

Also finally a long FG against Lions was missed near end of the game

Raiders get the tying touchdown when guy foot was clearly on the line.

Last edited:
Lets hope that Washington and Seattle both lose their next 2 so we don't need to win in GB.

Agree. Week 18 is going to be unpredictable. I really hope the Lions don?t have to rely on Washington or NY loss against a Dallas or Philly B-squad.

Agree. Week 18 is going to be unpredictable. I really hope the Lions don?t have to rely on Washington or NY loss against a Dallas or Philly B-squad.

If......IF.....we happen to secure the 7th seed......Minnesota, San Fran and Dallas might be fighting NOT to finish with the 2 seed.

Would you rather play Detroit, the Bucs or the Giants??

Rex Ryan is right.......nobody wants to see Detroit right now. Not saying we're Super Bowl bound.....but we're the toughest 1st round matchup for any of the teams hosting a game.

If......IF.....we happen to secure the 7th seed......Minnesota, San Fran and Dallas might be fighting NOT to finish with the 2 seed.

Would you rather play Detroit, the Bucs or the Giants??

Rex Ryan is right.......nobody wants to see Detroit right now. Not saying we're Super Bowl bound.....but we're the toughest 1st round matchup for any of the teams hosting a game.

Dallas can't be 2 seed unless they pass the Eagles somehow. Can't see that happening with 3 to play down 3.

But agree San Fran or Vikings especially don't want to see us.

Lions could move to 6th seed though if the Giants start dropping too. Lions 3-0 at 10-7, Giants 1-2 at 9-7-1, Washington 2-1 at 9-7-1, Seattle 2-1 at 9-8 puts Lions at 6th seed I believe with 9-8 Seattle missing and one other 9-7-1 team missing. The other 9-7-1 team would be the 7th seed think Giants based on head to head with Washington (win and tie)

Dallas can't be 2 seed unless they pass the Eagles somehow. Can't see that happening with 3 to play down 3.

But agree San Fran or Vikings especially don't want to see us.

Lions could move to 6th seed though if the Giants start dropping too. Lions 3-0 at 10-7, Giants 1-2 at 9-7-1, Washington 2-1 at 9-7-1, Seattle 2-1 at 9-8 puts Lions at 6th seed I believe with 9-8 Seattle missing and one other 9-7-1 team missing. The other 9-7-1 team would be the 7th seed think Giants based on head to head with Washington (win and tie)

You're right, my bad on Dallas. So they are pretty much locked in to going to Tampa Bay.

Also saw the Lions have, by far, the toughest strength of schedule in the NFL and the #3 strength of win in the NFL. Those are both crazy numbers to see.

You're right, my bad on Dallas. So they are pretty much locked in to going to Tampa Bay.

Also saw the Lions have, by far, the toughest strength of schedule in the NFL and the #3 strength of win in the NFL. Those are both crazy numbers to see.

Makes sense. Everyone in AFC East is .500 or better. Everyone in NFC East above .500. Jags doing better now, Seattle is .500 and Carolina has enough wins in a terrible NFC South. Vikings great record (though not great team)

Division Packers and Bears are the "easy" games this year and I think Packers better than their record. And I guess Panthers are an easy game. Finish with 3 teams with bad records. Got to make sure the Lions finish well.

Back