Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFC Wildcard Race

You're right, my bad on Dallas. So they are pretty much locked in to going to Tampa Bay.

Also saw the Lions have, by far, the toughest strength of schedule in the NFL and the #3 strength of win in the NFL. Those are both crazy numbers to see.

I was looking at the playoff seedings yesterday and noticed that too. It was pretty shocking to see their strength of schedule and strength of victory numbers. I don't know why but I assumed they were much lower. But they have played a bunch of playoff teams and playoff contenders.

I was looking at the playoff seedings yesterday and noticed that too. It was pretty shocking to see their strength of schedule and strength of victory numbers. I don't know why but I assumed they were much lower. But they have played a bunch of playoff teams and playoff contenders.

Eagles
Minnesota X 2
Miami
NYG
NYJ
Buffalo
Dallas
Seattle
NE

All teams at or above .500

Thats 10 of their 14 games.

To me, that makes 7-7 look a lot better. No matter how this year plays out......really excited about the off season and next year. More excited than I have been since 1992.......I was 13.

wildcard picture updated after today .

5.Dallas 10-4 (7-3) conference
Eagles
@ Titans
@ Washington
==============
6.NYG 8-5-1 (4-5-1) in conference.
@ Minnesota
Colts
@ Philadelphia
==================
7. Washington 7-6-1 (4-5-1) in conference.
@ 49ers
Cleveland
Dallas
=======================
8. Seattle 7-7 (5-6) in conference
@kc
NYJ
Rams
===============
#9 Detroit 7-7 (5-4) in conference
@ Carolina
Chicago
@ Green Bay

wildcard picture updated after today .

5.Dallas 10-4 (7-3) conference
Eagles
@ Titans
@ Washington
==============
6.NYG 8-5-1 (4-5-1) in conference.
@ Minnesota
Colts
@ Philadelphia
==================
7. Washington 7-6-1 (4-5-1) in conference.
@ 49ers
Cleveland
Dallas
=======================
8. Seattle 7-7 (5-6) in conference
@kc
NYJ
Rams
===============
#9 Detroit 7-7 (5-4) in conference
@ Carolina
Chicago
@ Green Bay

Just win baby! 10-7 should get you in.

If were up for a strategy signing... go get Sammy Watkins who was just released by GB.

If we do make the playoffs I assume we'd much rather go on the road in Minnesota than go to SF and play that defense. At least Minnesota gives up points and we can try and beat them in a shoot out. SFs defense might be a little too much with our road offense.

If we do make the playoffs I assume we'd much rather go on the road in Minnesota than go to SF and play that defense. At least Minnesota gives up points and we can try and beat them in a shoot out. SFs defense might be a little too much with our road offense.

Yup. I?d like our chances against anyone other than San Fran and Philly. Even on the road.

Philly just has too much talent top to bottom??and that San Fran defense is too good. No way we score more than 20 on them and no way our defense holds them under 27. Those are both best case scenarios.

Playoffs started today and we were 7th seed.....Here's how I see it playin out

1. Philly - Bye
2 vs 7 - Detroit 31 - Minnesota 28
3 vs 6 - San Francisco 27 - NYG 10
4 vs 5 - Dallas 30 - Bucs 17

Do they re-seed for round 2.....or would we play San Francisco?

Last edited:
Yup. I?d like our chances against anyone other than San Fran and Philly. Even on the road.

Philly just has too much talent top to bottom??and that San Fran defense is too good. No way we score more than 20 on them and no way our defense holds them under 27. Those are both best case scenarios.

Playoffs started today and we were 7th seed.....Here's how I see it playin out

1. Philly - Bye
2 vs 7 - Detroit 31 - Minnesota 28
3 vs 6 - San Francisco 27 - NYG 10
4 vs 5 - Dallas 30 - Bucs 17

Do they re-seed for round 2.....or would we play San Francisco?

They re-seed after round 1. I don't see any good way around Philly in round 2, even if the Lions get the 6th seed they'd be relying on Seattle/Washington/NY to beat Minnesota in round 1 to avoid Philly.

that win by GB was good for the Lions 2023 draft but it also brings GB right back into the playoff race. If GB wins out it will likely boot the Lions out. That said, I don't think they beat Miami this weekend.

that win by GB was good for the Lions 2023 draft but it also brings GB right back into the playoff race. If GB wins out it will likely boot the Lions out. That said, I don't think they beat Miami this weekend.

Think there is scenario where both get in at 9-8

Washington and Seattle both go 1-2 at 8-8-1 and 8-9 and Giants lose out 8-8-1 would put both Lions (2-1 losing to GB) and Packers in at 9-8 (win out)

Green Bay base on the other teams schedule has some tough teams.

@ Miami 8-6, Minnesota 11-3 , and Detroit 7-7.

Green Bay base on the other teams schedule has some tough teams.

@ Miami 8-6, Minnesota 11-3 , and Detroit 7-7.

We know the NFL loves some Aaron Rodgers and he?s doing everything possible to promote the story line for them.

Last edited:
Back