Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ninety Five Million for a 50 point loss

this is hilarious - bphil tried so hard to get a rise out of MSU posters on the uofm board and failed, he had to come here and start a thread. He sure spends a lot of time worrying about MSU for a guy who claims MSU doesn't matter. Classic inferiority complex. As the third of three boys, there came a time when I started kicking the shit out of my two older brothers but they didn't act like a couple of little bitches like this guy, they just took their lumps like men, like I did for the first 16 years - and one of them went to uofm.

this is hilarious - bphil tried so hard to get a rise out of MSU posters on the uofm board and failed, he had to come here and start a thread. He sure spends a lot of time worrying about MSU for a guy who claims MSU doesn't matter. Classic inferiority complex. As the third of three boys, there came a time when I started kicking the shit out of my two older brothers but they didn't act like a couple of little bitches like this guy, they just took their lumps like men, like I did for the first 16 years - and one of them went to uofm.

We got a bad ass here!

I do not understand why there is not more understanding that injuries were responsible for this loss. Yeah, I know, Tucker does not make excuses and Next Man Up, blah, blah, blah. But seriously, a Heisman candidate was not 100% and then was not in the game.

Not saying MSU wins, but a healthy MSU would have been far better, more competitive, and not suffer this level of a bad loss. Maybe it is still a 10+ or 20+ loss, we will never know. Maybe they even win... it is unfortunate Sparty was not able to provide their best effort. No UM fan should have been hoping for OSU beating MSU, let alone like this. My "UM" hope was for PSU to be the team that gave MSU their 2nd loss.

O$$$$$$$$$U is tough, but they also looked dirty in targeting Walker's ankle. Just putting that out there. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't, but the optics of seeing OSU grabbing Walker's ankle is there and easy to believe considering their history.

Walker's great but there's only so much even a great back can do with a shitty offensive line. Even against Purdue where he had 136 yards, the line couldn't get him anything when they needed it in the second half. You could make the case they didn't go to him enough, but when they did, PU stopped him effectively on all but one play.

And our secondary is absolute garbage. Some will tell you it's been plagued by injuries, but they've sucked all season long - literally everyone has had their season best passing game against us. Commentators have been pointing out how bad it is every week for well over a month and they've never mentioned a single injury. If injuries are the issue, they're the best kept secret in college football. I'm not buying it. The secondary has sucked since Narduzzi left. And it's not just there, it's been a while since we've had DEs and LBs that can get to the QB against anyone other than the NWs and RUs of the world. Either that or we're just not blitzing enough - but I think maybe we're not blitzing as much for a reason.

Against OSU, the talent differential was obvious - they had 3 wide receivers wide open all day long and our best player couldn't get separation to save his life. Thorne threw a lot of bad balls (even when they weren't getting batted down) but Reed was pretty well covered all day. Missing Nailor for three games has definitely hurt - I doubt they'd be throwing it all over the yard against osu, but at least he's another guy they have to cover. And now Reed could be out for psu.

Last edited:
It was 42-0 the while Walker was in the game. MSU punted and OSU made it 49-0. It didn't matter. Walker wasn't going to be a factor when MSU is down 49 points.

I watched the entire game and didn't see any dirty plays. Of course, I could have missed something.

OSU did anything they wanted offensively. They could have put up 80 if they wanted.

I don't think it mattered either, but Walker was playing injured - he got hurt last week in the Maryland game.

Last edited:
Must have missed the thread after Juwan lost to unranked Seton Hall following his contract extension

Then turned around and got blown off the court by unranked Arizona. 2 loses in 1 week to unranked teams. Way to live up to that top 5 ranking

gotcha. I didn't realize he got hurt last week

Yes, it was his left ankle... the one that the O$U player is conveniently about to grab after missing with the better form tackle higher up... oops, missed up high, but slowed him down and can now go for that left ankle.

Again, maybe it was clean... but considering it is an O$U player, there is a not-so-insignicant amount of doubt that exists.

Here he goes again saying that my comments weren't getting to them when multiple losers replied to every post.

You're like the uofm version of Monkeyking from the ESPN boards - only dumber.

You're like the Detroit Sports Forum version of Bruce Banner, only significantly dumber. You say that it's not getting to you yet you can't help but blurt out a response.

And if your $95mm dipshit coach had possibly acknowledged the fact that they got help from the refs mutiple times throughout our game instead pounding his chest, smoking cigars are talking shit about how someone was "making their program look soft" then maybe, just maybe, he could have addressed the fact that he had a terrible deficiency in his team that actually made his program look soft as a new fish's asshole on the first night in prison. But it's cool. Beat your chest. You might have eeked out a home win against Michigan with the help of the officials, but you're still irrelevant in the conference. Because you are a shit school with a shit program in a shit city.

I deleted the thread for a little bit because some of the Michigan posters have gotten a little over the top on the Spartan board.

I decided to undelete and just express my opinion - M fans - this is their board. There deserves to be an amount more respect.

I deleted the thread for a little bit because some of the Michigan posters have gotten a little over the top on the Spartan board.

I decided to undelete and just express my opinion - M fans - this is their board. There deserves to be an amount more respect.

Just take your toddler back home with you and all is good

You're like the Detroit Sports Forum version of Bruce Banner, only significantly dumber. You say that it's not getting to you yet you can't help but blurt out a response.

And if your $95mm dipshit coach had possibly acknowledged the fact that they got help from the refs mutiple times throughout our game instead pounding his chest, smoking cigars are talking shit about how someone was "making their program look soft" then maybe, just maybe, he could have addressed the fact that he had a terrible deficiency in his team that actually made his program look soft as a new fish's asshole on the first night in prison. But it's cool. Beat your chest. You might have eeked out a home win against Michigan with the help of the officials, but you're still irrelevant in the conference. Because you are a shit school with a shit program in a shit city.

still having trouble distinguishing between people making fun of you vs actually responding to the stupid shit you post. At least monkeyking was a teenager, aren't you over 40?

Last edited:

Thanks but not necessary. Nobody really cares about this guy - he's a minor annoyance but certainly not the problem he thinks he is.

Last edited:
I really don't understand some fans. They get SO heated over a game???

If only Mel Tucker would have admitted the only reason he won was because he got help from the refs, all of this could have been avoided...

Of course, had he done that, the dipshit might not have ended up with that big pile of money to cry on after the OSU game. I guess it's a double edged sword - damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Last edited:
I?ve seen more bizarre and outrageous posts and users on message boards and social media than I could even begin to count, but OP may be among the 99th percentile of the most unhinged I?ve ever encountered. I honestly hope this doesn?t end, it?s beautiful in its own childlike way.

I?ve seen more bizarre and outrageous posts and users on message boards and social media than I could even begin to count, but OP may be among the 99th percentile of the most unhinged I?ve ever encountered. I honestly hope this doesn?t end, it?s beautiful in its own childlike way.

maybe there will be some bad calls this Saturday and you'll get your wish.

Where "maybe", particularly in the event of a uofm loss = definitely getting your wish.

Back