Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ninety Five Million for a 50 point loss

Not much reason, IMO, to troll MSU ever. There?s either no cause, or no leverage. When there?s cause, let MSU alone. Same for when there?s leverage.

Last edited:
maybe there will be some bad calls this Saturday and you'll get your wish.

Where "maybe", particularly in the event of a uofm loss = definitely getting your wish.

Mack, you do recognize there is a difference between a bad call and refs going against the letter of the rules in overturning a play without conclusive video evidence to do so, right? It's OK to admit the refs screwed that up. It doesn't change the outcome any.

The PI at the end on 4th down and other plays can be attributed to an opinion or refs just plain missing something, but that is completely different from going against the letter of the rule with plenty of time to review and recognize MAYBE the shin was down before the ball was moving, but without concrete evidence available they are not allowed, by the rule, to overturn the call on the field no matter how much they might think they can justify doing so.

That is not remotely the same as complaining about missed calls or whatnot. It was egregious enough that those refs should have been suspended at least 1 game without pay. They are not supposed to do what they did. Every 3rd party independent reviewer acknowledges this. It is ok to admit MSU benefitted from it because, again, no one is going back to take away the W from MSU.

Mack, you do recognize there is a difference between a bad call and refs going against the letter of the rules in overturning a play without conclusive video evidence to do so, right? It's OK to admit the refs screwed that up. It doesn't change the outcome any.

The PI at the end on 4th down and other plays can be attributed to an opinion or refs just plain missing something, but that is completely different from going against the letter of the rule with plenty of time to review and recognize MAYBE the shin was down before the ball was moving, but without concrete evidence available they are not allowed, by the rule, to overturn the call on the field no matter how much they might think they can justify doing so.

That is not remotely the same as complaining about missed calls or whatnot. It was egregious enough that those refs should have been suspended at least 1 game without pay. They are not supposed to do what they did. Every 3rd party independent reviewer acknowledges this. It is ok to admit MSU benefitted from it because, again, no one is going back to take away the W from MSU.

I?ve said my piece on the officiating and those calls specifically (the shin was the right call, on 4th down they cuda called PI, but they didn?t - I?ve seen worse).

But all that is beside the point. What I?m doing here is mocking butthurt bphil for still losing his shit 3 weeks later because Tucker didn?t apologize for winning the game because of bad officiating. It?s both dumb and hilarious and the fact that he thinks it upsets people makes it even funnier. The only reasonable response is to mock him - thats all I?m doing here.

Last edited:
It is similarly unjustifiable to proclaim the shin was down when the only ankle of that is from behind and the ball is not visible so it is impossible to know with absolute 100% certainty for or against. Because of that, the ruling on the field is supposed to stand.

If you have any absolute proof that shows the ball is firmly controlled at the time the shin goes down, please present it. I am willing to agree his shin was down IF there is any absolute proof, but none has ever been presented.

It is similarly unjustifiable to proclaim the shin was down when the only ankle of that is from behind and the ball is not visible so it is impossible to know with absolute 100% certainty for or against. Because of that, the ruling on the field is supposed to stand.

If you have any absolute proof that shows the ball is firmly controlled at the time the shin goes down, please present it. I am willing to agree his shin was down IF there is any absolute proof, but none has ever been presented.

I watched the game a few times the week after, but not since then. I still have it on the DVR but I'm not sure there's much point to it - we'll probably continue to disagree and I'm fine with that. Reasonable people can disagree on these things without crying about it like some people. I remember thinking at the time the shin is a lower standard than I thought (thought it had to be knee, hip, elbow or shoulder) but if that's the rule, it's probably the right call.

Even if that call goes your way, it's impossible to say what happens - harbaugh probably gets conservative even earlier and the Spartans overwhelm uofm with the ground game anyway. By late 3rd quarter, it was pretty clear Corum was ready to tap out, he'd had enough for one day. Haskins is maybe a little tougher but it's not like he was doing anything either. As for the PI no call, you still need a TD against a pretty good red zone defense - no telling what happens. To me, your only chance in that game was to keep the throttle open and hope for no turnovers. No one can say for sure, but that's as good a guess as anyone's.

Last edited:
Back