Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

No Kids, No Kickoffs

Don't forget the BTN money. I'm sure there will be a revenue spike from increased subscriptions.

There might be a spike, but my guess is any fan that is willing to spend a bunch of money on a game, already has the BTN. I'm not sure where these "new viewers" will come from.

B1G presidents and ADs are supposed to be meeting today to make a decision on the upcoming season. Seen some rumors that Rutgers and Maryland are going to opt out of the season. Rutgers announced they are going predominantly online for classes this fall, so I doubt they play football. NW says they only want to play games in their division.

My assumption is we see the non-conference games canceled. Maybe they try and replace them with regional teams like WMU, EMU, CMU. MAC athletic depts are in financial trouble, so it may take a larger payout from UM to even get those games. Seems pointless to do that.

I'm checking for updates on this story like every 30 minutes. Surprised there's so little coverage.

There might be a spike, but my guess is any fan that is willing to spend a bunch of money on a game, already has the BTN. I'm not sure where these "new viewers" will come from.

I think you would be surprised. The BTN is often sold as part of a sports package from cable providers and streaming services. So while the incremental demand from B1G fans may not be that big, I think overall streaming demand for sports is going to go up substantially.

I think you would be surprised. The BTN is often sold as part of a sports package from cable providers and streaming services. So while the incremental demand from B1G fans may not be that big, I think overall streaming demand for sports is going to go up substantially.

Right.

My BTN comes bundled in a package of about 7 other sports channels.

I think streaming might have run its course, topped out. The prices are getting closer to cable & satellite providers it seems.

I think streaming might have run its course, topped out. The prices are getting closer to cable & satellite providers it seems.

it's not far off in price. When I first cut the cable a few years ago, I got BTN and ESPN from Sling for less than $20/mo. Sling no longer has BTN. The cheapest streaming service that offers BTN was over $40/month last year. By the time you add in high speed internet and the land line my wife refuses to get rid of, it's no much if any cheaper than the basic cable/internet/phone plus BTN package. Overall, it's still cheaper for me because I turn it off right after the BTT and don't add it again until college football kicks off.

But streaming is still more valuable to me even at the same price. The variety and ability to watch you want, when you want make it so much more useful to me.

Last edited:
Blowhio State putting a pause on their voluntary workouts.

Ohio State pauses voluntary workouts after COVID-19 testing
https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1983853

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I heard they made their athletes sign some 'Buckeye Pledge' to stop spreading covid that was actually a waiver that established that they knew the risks of covid in working out and participating and the administration tried to say it wasn't a legal document, but athletes under the age of 18 needed their parents/legal guardians to sign.

Was that already discussed here?

I heard they made their athletes sign some 'Buckeye Pledge' to stop spreading covid that was actually a waiver that established that they knew the risks of covid in working out and participating and the administration tried to say it wasn't a legal document, but athletes under the age of 18 needed their parents/legal guardians to sign.

Was that already discussed here?

I'm not sure if it was, but that waiver means dick in court. It would get laughed out of every court in America if any of their players decided they wanted to sue. Bullshit waivers never hold up. I see it happen all the time in Work Comp litigation.

From a poster over at MGoBlog that claims to have a contact in the AD. Take it with as many grains of salt as you wish:

"I never wanted to post as I am getting this info 3rd hand - a mid level guy at the AD. Anyways, it's the most important developments I have some limited access to regarding football.

Go ahead and shoot the messenger. I hope it doesn't go this route.

Per a contact at the AD, I was texted - "It's a no go."

I asked him to clarify - He said, "As of right now, there is no path to the fall season happening."

I asked for details and if it was still a possibility - He said, "Expect a statement next week from the B1G that everything is on hold, but the fall season is [as of right now] not happening.

I asked about the spring season - "Maybe, not discussed yet, still trying to pull off a miracle for the fall"

That's all I got. Sorry guys, it's shitty news. I don't think it's definitive, but he has seems really bummed, and actually thinks he might lose his job too and there will be some cuts."

If Bama has a season and OSU doesn't, they could pass them on the all-time wins list.

From a poster over at MGoBlog that claims to have a contact in the AD. Take it with as many grains of salt as you wish:

"I never wanted to post as I am getting this info 3rd hand - a mid level guy at the AD. Anyways, it's the most important developments I have some limited access to regarding football.

Go ahead and shoot the messenger. I hope it doesn't go this route.

Per a contact at the AD, I was texted - "It's a no go."

I asked him to clarify - He said, "As of right now, there is no path to the fall season happening."

I asked for details and if it was still a possibility - He said, "Expect a statement next week from the B1G that everything is on hold, but the fall season is [as of right now] not happening.

I asked about the spring season - "Maybe, not discussed yet, still trying to pull off a miracle for the fall"

That's all I got. Sorry guys, it's shitty news. I don't think it's definitive, but he has seems really bummed, and actually thinks he might lose his job too and there will be some cuts."

I believe it to be true. The huge spikes in cases is going to shelve the season. They might try to do it in the spring but it will be a very watered down product. The best NFL prospects probably won't play given the draft is in April.

I believe it to be true. The huge spikes in cases is going to shelve the season. They might try to do it in the spring but it will be a very watered down product. The best NFL prospects probably won't play given the draft is in April.

Some stating that the PAC 12 is not going to play either, just that no one wants to pull the trigger when it comes to announcing it.

Let's do it, this would have very little impact on our roster.

lol

It would probably take OSU and Clemson out of national championship contention.

Saw a good comment elsewhere "We need to find whoever's got the money paw and didn't want Bama or Clemson in the playoff"

If other conferences follow suit and go only conference games, NDSucks schedule will be nonexistent!

To hell with Notre Dame.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back