Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official Other Bowls Thread

All we had to do was stop subbing when they went up-tempo. We gave up 2 TDs and multiple big plays because of not being lined up on defense. I still don't understand how they didn't adjust during the game for them using tempo. MSU had been using it all season, so it was all over their tape. To not be prepared for it was bad. To never make an adjustment during the game was idiotic.

I saw an Orange Bowl preview show yesterday. I can only assume that it was Georgia fans whose entire scouting of Michigan was watching sports center. Their entire take was that Michigan was gashed by MSU. And although that's not entirely untrue, it wasn't like MSU played straight up and just beat Michigan the way Michigan beat OSU. All 5 tds and a few chunk plays happened as a result of the substitution issues, when Michigan was set they stuffed the run.

I quit watching because it was pretty apparent the guys were lazy tools who don't bother looking beyond the box score. I don't think Georgia is a big time tempo team but that was greatly improved as the season went on.

I'm sure everyone in that locker room would love to get that game back. Preferably with competent officials. That is probably as difficult to stomach as the 2015 game, neither of which you can say MSU won so much as Michigan lost.

Last edited:
We went 12-1... if they want to focus on the one (1) loss, of all those games, and extrapolate from that single game why UGA is going to beat us, good for them. I hope UGA's coaches and players buy it too.

The line appears to be growing. Not sure what people are seeing to make them take 8.5 points. Maybe I'm a homer but I think michigan wins this game by 10 or more points. I would be very surprised if they lose by more than 1 score.

The line appears to be growing. Not sure what people are seeing to make them take 8.5 points. Maybe I'm a homer but I think michigan wins this game by 10 or more points. I would be very surprised if they lose by more than 1 score.

they're watching shows like the one you watched above.

Texas A&M had to forfeit the Gator Bowl.

The NCAA has put in place explicit rules for the playoffs and all forfeiture scenarios.

At least next year has potential to not get fucked up by Covid.

Georgia backup QB JT Daniels out with COVID.

I really hope we play these games... but I'm assuming this is all going to fall apart given how other leagues are going.

I checked the graph of daily new cases for the US yesterday, the johns hopkins one, and the line went vertical

Georgia backup QB JT Daniels out with COVID.

I really hope we play these games... but I'm assuming this is all going to fall apart given how other leagues are going.

I checked the graph of daily new cases for the US yesterday, the johns hopkins one, and the line went vertical

UM literally should have had every player get infected with Omicron around Dec 10. That way the entire team would have had it and been out of Covid restriction by the bowl games.

I think michigan should be fine. Sounds like they're taking every possible precaution and players holding one another accountable.

I really don't want the first title in 25 years to have an asterisk of "didn't actually win it, everyone forfeited due to covid".

Although we would be able to be like douchebag OSU fans talking about how UGA, Bama and UC all dodged us.

Looks like Rutgers is going to get to replace A&M in the Gator Bowl. Glad they didn't just outright cancel the game. I know that fans don't give a shit about it but I feel for the kids at Wake Forrest who put in all the effort to make it to that level bowl game if it gets canceled.

Looks like Rutgers is going to get to replace A&M in the Gator Bowl. Glad they didn't just outright cancel the game. I know that fans don't give a shit about it but I feel for the kids at Wake Forrest who put in all the effort to make it to that level bowl game if it gets canceled.
unifies.

That works for the Gator, but obviously would not work for the playoffs.

Could also happen with NFL playoffs, not for nothing. Say GB vs TB with one team forfeiting due to Covid and the other moves onward.

UM literally should have had every player get infected with Omicron around Dec 10. That way the entire team would have had it and been out of Covid restriction by the bowl games.

amazing

Not saying it would work for the playoff, just glad they looked at alternatives other than just canceling.

The only way it would work in the playoff would be to add the number 5 team but that's a string they shouldn't pull. NDSucks would have to be replaced in their bowl. Who do you match them up with? The 1 seed would say it's unfair to let the 2/3 play the 5 when they have to play the 4, the team that had to play them would claim it's unfair that the rest of the teams would have had the benefit of preparing for their opponent for longer. No good way to make it work but I wouldn't put it past CFB powers that be to do it. Way too much money at stake to not play a game.

I think michigan should be fine. Sounds like they're taking every possible precaution and players holding one another accountable.

I really don't want the first title in 25 years to have an asterisk of "didn't actually win it, everyone forfeited due to covid".

Although we would be able to be like douchebag OSU fans talking about how UGA, Bama and UC all dodged us.

of the five teams involved in this scenario, which coach actually has a history of using COVID to dodge a beat down?

Hawaii pulls out of the Hawaii bowl, due to COVID (link):

Memphis coach Ryan Silverfield expressed disappointment as well.

"We hope that Hawai'i players and staff get healthy soon," he said in a statement. "I'm upset for our seniors and the rest of the team that battled this season to earn this opportunity. We've had [a] terrific time here in Hawai'i as a program and we are sad our trip ended this way."​

What? Sounds like they got a free trip away from Tennesee to Hawaii, AND didn't end up having to play in a pointless and dumb football game. Win/win for Memphis.

Maybe a good sign: the Big Ten has started 2-0 in bowls so far (Minnesota and Maryland both beat Power 5 teams). SEC currently 0-4.

Then again, these bowls are all meaningless and everyone these days knows that, so you might as well roll the dice on the outcomes.

Purdue - Tennessee in OT... 45-45.

I didn't think Purdue would roll them, but I didn't expect Tennessee to score that much in this game

Purdue - Tennessee in OT... 45-45.

I didn't think Purdue would roll them, but I didn't expect Tennessee to score that much in this game

Do you know Michigan is playing basketball right now, right? It?s on ESPN news right now.

MSU looking to go up on Pitt.

score is tied 7-7.

MSU is pass-heavy so far, unsurprisingly

In the first OT, Tenn had the ball, 1st and goal, at Purdue's 2 yard line, and gave the ball away on downs.

Purdue can win it with a FG now.

Back