Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Oops "Good Guy With A Gun" shoots Bad Guy and other Good Guys

so the guy and his wife had guns, but the suspect wrestled the gun away from the wife, after they had chased him away from home to a gas station and were no longer threatened by him, then the husband shot and wounded the suspect.

Sounds like not a great argument for everyone carrying guns. Did you post this because you've come around to see this from my point of view, or are you just confused here?

again: they should have just called the cops and let them do their job...

also, traditionally (i.e. established through 100's of years of common law going back to England) the use of deadly force was limited to defending the home, not chasing down a guy who was masturbating outside your window and shooting him on someone else's property.

our shithole, violently insane country is so far outside the norm of what a civilized country allows, we don't even know what's right and wrong anymore

so the guy and his wife had guns, but the suspect wrestled the gun away from the wife, after they had chased him away from home to a gas station and were no longer threatened by him, then the husband shot and wounded the suspect.

The suspect ran to a gas station, across the street. Whether they were no longer threatened by him is not at all obvious - the guy was masterbating to their 10 year daughter outside her window. A guy like that at large poses a threat to not only them but other juveniles he targets in the future. Or maybe you have data that says perverts stop assaulting kids once someone spots them jerking off in their yard. Do you have any data that suggests that? Maybe an article from Vox or some other progressive bull shit factory you get all your crazy articles from?

Sounds like not a great argument for everyone carrying guns. Did you post this because you've come around to see this from my point of view, or are you just confused here?

I didn't wake up suddenly stupid this morning, so no I don't see this from your point of view. this sounds like not a great argument for taking on 2 people with guns when they catch you jerking off to their minor child.

again: they should have just called the cops and let them do their job...

also, traditionally (i.e. established through 100's of years of common law going back to England) the use of deadly force was limited to defending the home, not chasing down a guy who was masturbating outside your window and shooting him on someone else's property.

They did call the cops to do their job, it's just that in this case, this guy decided rather than going to prison as a child molester he'd rather take his chances with the armed parents of the juvenile he was violating by exposing himself to her in her front yard. Nice try twisting this to sound like they executed some guy who was no longer a threat for jerking off in their yard by leaving out the not-so-minor detail that he stopped running and instead chose to fight the armed woman. They stopped him and were holding him for the cops but this guy decided to fight and because the mom clearly showed restraint by not simply shooting him, he was able to put her life in danger - that's why he got shot, that's why he's dead. He absolutely posed a threat and his actions when faced by an armed citizen indicate rather clearly that he still posed a threat.

our shithole, violently insane country is so far outside the norm of what a civilized country allows, we don't even know what's right and wrong anymore

Our country isn't violently insane, insanely violent or a shithole. You have to be a moron to believe that. It's you with your warped world view, who doesn't know right from wrong.

Last edited:
Guess this can be the gun dumbass thread.

Miami-Dade DA drops charges against the moron who did this.

This fucktard could've easily shot not only the person HE cut off, but random people just driving around. amazing he didn't.

that whole video is... something.

Class A Douchebag. from the music he's singing along to & his awful driving, to the fact he has a gun lockup rigged in the center console of his Toyota Venza & to his atrocious shooting form.

Neighbor shooting at car thieves kills young mother of 3 in her sleep.

Way to go... totally worth it. Glad this guy could buy a gun and feel empowered to just start blasting away over some stolen crap.

Yeah, this ain?t good, and nothing good will come of it.

The vigilante who killed innocent people isn?t an innocent black guy targeted to be murdered by white racist cops.

He?s a vigilante who happens to be black who killed a sleeping white woman and her kids.

This ain?t gonna be good for anyone.

EDIT: My B.

Only the pretty young mom was killed.

Still pretty bad.

Last edited:
Not really a good guy w/ a gun story but I didn't feel like starting a new thread and figured this probably fits better here than elsewhere.

uofm alum, former USA Gymnastics doctor and child molester Larry Nasser stabbed multiple times in prison. Looks like he's going to survive.

this news only makes sense for this thread if the guy who went to stab Nasser ended up stabbing someone else by mistake. but whatever... nice try spartanmanck

Not really a good guy w/ a gun story but I didn't feel like starting a new thread and figured this probably fits better here than elsewhere.

uofm alum, former USA Gymnastics doctor, Michigan State Gymnastics Team Doctor and child molester Larry Nasser stabbed multiple times in prison. Looks like he's going to survive.

Fixed your childish omission.

this news only makes sense for this thread if the guy who went to stab Nasser ended up also stabbing someone else by mistake. but whatever... nice try spartanmanck

fixed it for you...

and maybe he did - it's not clear that uofm alum Larry Nasser was the only victim in this instance.

Back