Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Oops "Good Guy With A Gun" shoots Bad Guy and other Good Guys

That's pretty funny. If I were an employee of an Ace Hardware store making $12 an hour, I'm not chasing any shoplifter. F that!

That's pretty funny. If I were an employee of an Ace Hardware store making $12 an hour, I'm not chasing any shoplifter. F that!

Smart. You might accidentally get shot by one of the legion of newly armed Americans (male and female) that bought guns in the last year (particularly handguns), can't hit the broad side of a barn from 10 M, but watches lots of cop shows and movies, where the hero takes out a half dozen armed guys in a violent shootout without missing once.

(I can hit the broad side of a barn from 10 M, but just barely.)

Last edited by a moderator:
What the bystander did has got to be the opposite of what they teach in the gun safety training.

Often these CCL courses are taught by these kind of people:

ce5845aee35764e4e7d25af7004f9b796a94d791

... so make of that what you will.

Often these CCL courses are taught by these kind of people:

ce5845aee35764e4e7d25af7004f9b796a94d791

... so make of that what you will.

I don?t know.

Neither of them ? neither Jake Angeli nor Adam Johnson ? comes up on any web search for gun safety courses.

Stupid Arizona and there 'i can take guns everywhere' laws.

remind us, how many people did they shoot?

Tinsel said shooting bystanders has to be the opposite of what they teach in gun safety training.

I'm not saying those guys would train gun owners to randomly shoot people, just that they're dumb and probably not good teachers.

Also it's probably a bit much to assume every American walking around & packing heat actually went to get training and apply for a license...

Stupid Arizona and there 'i can take guns everywhere' laws.

It really is insane. Given the direction our society is going (or lack of direction... falling apart really) we should be restricting the places people can carry guns, (and the legal standards to allow deadly force) not broadening them...

I'm scared of global warming. Scared for my life. Which state will allow me to stand my ground and shoot at whatever I think is the cause of this fear?

I'm scared of global warming. Scared for my life. Which state will allow me to stand my ground and shoot at whatever I think is the cause of this fear?

Florida, Arizona and now Ohio.

Find some oil, gas, and coal execs and start shooting...

Execs! I was just going to start with all the trucks that don't have a scratch in the truck bed.

oh man, don't get me started.

those guys are LEGION around here.

I still had hope for humanity until I moved to Texas

Tinsel said shooting bystanders has to be the opposite of what they teach in gun safety training.

I'm not saying those guys would train gun owners to randomly shoot people, just that they're dumb and probably not good teachers.

Also it's probably a bit much to assume every American walking around & packing heat actually went to get training and apply for a license...

it's also a bit much to try to make the point that the good guys with guns is actually a problem. You've been trying to make that point for years now and over that time gun sales have sky rocketed, and you have no data other than this one anecdote where it actually happened. But on the other side of the argument, there are tons of examples of good guys with guns intervening with positive outcomes (for the innocent, not so positive for the criminals).

what about the coronavirus, the boogeyman and this guy...

silent-night-deadly-night.jpg

Edit: maybe the coronavirus isn't a good fit since unlike the others, it's real, but like the others, it's most likely not going to kill you.

Last edited:
it's also a bit much to try to make the point that the good guys with guns is actually a problem. You've been trying to make that point for years now and over that time gun sales have sky rocketed, and you have no data other than this one anecdote where it actually happened. But on the other side of the argument, there are tons of examples of good guys with guns intervening with positive outcomes (for the innocent, not so positive for the criminals).

We more or less had this same exchange in posts #13 and 14.

maybe post some of your stories of good guys with guns saving lives

Whoops. same old story:

Bad guy goes to town to kill a cop. He does. Good guy shoots and kills bad guy,
then other cops show up and shoot and kill the good guy, for reasons...

reasons being cops in America shoot first and ask questions later, and that's how we designed it to be.

Whoops! But more guns is the answer.

Back