Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Bowls Thread

tinselwolverine

I guess no one has started this yet. I?m only starting it because I want to post that it appears that eastern is doing pretty well in its bowl game. That?s a good thing.

9-4 Emu wins first bowl in 30 some years 41-27 over San Jose St in potato bowl.

Last edited:
I started to post one, but decided I'd rather just go to bed instead.

so many of the bowls that have been played have been terrible and pointless.

my favorite was the matchup between a 10-3 Oregon St. team and 7-5 Florida.

Over the last maybe 8-9 years I think we've all finally come to the realization that unless your team is playing for a national championship, bowl games are pointless exhibitions with absurd outcomes.

Over the last maybe 8-9 years I think we've all finally come to the realization that unless your team is playing for a national championship, bowl games are pointless exhibitions with absurd outcomes.

No and yeah.

They continue to be on television and radio.

I understand what?s his name the Heisman winner is going to play in whatever bowl game USC lost its way into.

Daytime dramas - aka soap operas - are also pointless exhibitions with absurd outcomes.

Somebody must be watching and listening.

I was at a bar and the UM / NC game was on. As soon as it ended the bowl game in New Orleans came on. There were probably only 15K people in the stands but the game was really entertaining. The players were playing their asses off and were really into it. It certainly didn't look like they thought it was pointless.

I wonder if more people watched that bowl game or the UM/NC game?

Maryland - NC State are playing this weekend. In a bowl. Tickets are available. As low as $75. Who would pay $7.50 to watch Maryland - NC State in person?

Maryland - NC State are playing this weekend. In a bowl. Tickets are available. As low as $75. Who would pay $7.50 to watch Maryland - NC State in person?

Duke?s Mayo Bowl in Charlotte. That would be a hike for me.

Being televised on ESPN.

I would imagine they are paying more than $7.50 - even more than $75 - for the broadcast rights.

I guess they figure somebody?s going to be watching.

I almost surely won?t be watching, but so what?

I don?t watch soap operas on network television on weekdays, but they keep showing them.

Somebody must be watching. Some of those shows have literally been on television for 6000 years.

I found a pic of some of these "other bowls":

262914532a8ce4c55c553e31a2828a7f--toilet-cleaning-cleaning-tips.jpg

I?ve had them on in the background today but as football goes, pretty crap.

I'm working this week. And I'm missing all these bowls. I think I got the best of the exchange.

I'm working this week. And I'm missing all these bowls. I think I got the best of the exchange.

Yeah, me too for the most part. Texas Tech is playing Mississippi and Oregon is playing North Carolina at the time I would typically do my workout in my home gym. I?ll probably turn both while I work out.

Soooo Wisconsin beat Oklahoma State. Big 10 is 1-0. Yay?

that made me think about the fact that since both UM and OSU made the playoff, it's not possible for the Big Ten to go undefeated in Bowl games this year. I assume that's the first time that's ever happened

that made me think about the fact that since both UM and OSU made the playoff, it's not possible for the Big Ten to go undefeated in Bowl games this year. I assume that's the first time that's ever happened

I don't see it that way. If all other big 10 teams win and we rematch in the final, a big 10 team won every game. Sure osu will lose to us, but the big 10 won every game

Kansas out scored Arkansas 25-7 in the second half to force ot at 38-38.

Arkansas response and scores to tie in ot then takes the lead 53-45 on their next possession.

Last edited:
Arkansas player hit the head on the 2 point conversion. Looks like targeting to me.

Kansas gets another crack to tie. They do and it?s 53-53 end of the 2nd ot.

Last edited:
Back