Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Bowls Thread

Lol, you think people take your opinions on football seriously?
I do. As I do yours. So, there's that.

osu isn?t the conference also ran - they?re the class of the conference. They?re the only team in the conference with the talent to give GA a game. The fact that they stumbled twice in 20 years doesn?t change that.
Consideration (not excuse-making). OSU had new life after being vanquished by Michigan. Michigan beat its biggest rival on the road. Credit OSU for resurrecting its "spirit" after it was broken. Admonish Michigan for failing to capitalize on the win in Columbus. Yes, M played Purdue in the meantime. Perhaps Michigan simply was not good enough to sustain the intensity against a team that also had lost its previous game. All speculation, to be sure, but it beats a blanket "the big ten sucks" assessment.

And as far as the muffed punt goes, MSU was within one score pretty much the entire night and the game was pretty even statistically. The idea that we had no business winning that game is pure nonsense but if you listen to delusional uofm fans you?d think that play wiped out a 3 score lead.

I present without comment. LINK

I do. As I do yours. So, there's that.

Consideration (not excuse-making). OSU had new life after being vanquished by Michigan. Michigan beat its biggest rival on the road. Credit OSU for resurrecting its "spirit" after it was broken. Admonish Michigan for failing to capitalize on the win in Columbus. Yes, M played Purdue in the meantime. Perhaps Michigan simply was not good enough to sustain the intensity against a team that also had lost its previous game. All speculation, to be sure, but it beats a blanket "the big ten sucks" assessment.

I present without comment. LINK

Don't get me wrong, unlike certain posters who impugn an entire fan base with vulger, outdated epithets like the "r" word, I'm not saying all uofm fans are delusional or making any generalizations about uofm fans as a group.

It's rather funny that a muffed punt from 7 years ago is still being brought up by certain self professed football experts to discredit literally every Spartan fan because we all have the same wrong opinion and refuse to apologize for winning that game. But a game in which uofm had 2 rushing TDs from 75+ yards on plays they're looking to gain maybe 3 or 4 yards and a long pass play where a defender fell down barely over a month ago is remembered as sheer "dominance" and a changing of the guard. That's why it's impossible to take people like that seriously.

Honestly I'm not sure why fans on both sides engage in this kind of conversation. It's classic crap of trying to diminish the accomplishments of the other team, while at the same time being hypocritical about one's own accomplishments. It's pretty much the same as our political discourse.

None of Michigan's achievements the past couple of seasons come with asterisks. It's a disappointing end to the season obviously, but I do feel Georgia would have trucked us anyway had we gotten past TCU so that's how I take solace. Nobody is going to look back in 10 years and say "oh yeah that big ten championship in 2022 was pretty worthless considering how bad the conference was that year!" No inane arguments are going to make me less proud of the team despite the stumble at the end. They were fun to watch and made me optimistic for next year so why would I come away from everything with the overriding feeling of "ugh it sucks that our conference was so bad!"

By the same token MSU should not apologize for beating Michigan consistently, and also having their conference success under Mark Dantonio. They also should not feel any less happiness about beating Michigan during their crappy years under RichR and Hoke. I certainly don't care when we beat bad MSU teams I am happy when we beat them regardless.

Conversations like this are just rehashed too often and have become tiresome in my opinion. Just throwing that out there as my two cents. I wish the rivalry was a little more respectful, I do not like the way it has been trending the last few years culminating in what happened at the end of the game this year.

And no I'm not placing blame on any particular party there. Just saying I am hoping for that sort of scene to never take place again.

Don't get me wrong, unlike certain posters who impugn an entire fan base with vulger, outdated epithets like the "r" word, I'm not saying all uofm fans are delusional or making any generalizations about uofm fans as a group.

Well, when you guys run your mouths, then disappear after we keep winning, then pop back up after we lose in the CFP to remind us you were right all along that we weren't good, like... that's kinda pathetic.

sorry for impugning your entire fanbase with the "r" word. Only really you, gotime, sbee, and johnny are retarded. the others are okay.

Well, when you guys run your mouths, then disappear after we keep winning, then pop back up after we lose in the CFP to remind us you were right all along that we weren't good, like... that's kinda pathetic.

sorry for impugning your entire fanbase with the "r" word. Only really you, gotime, sbee, and johnny are retarded. the others are okay.

yeah, I didn't do any of that or see any of that but good strawman. You really should seek counseling though - that muffed punt play was 7 years ago and the game was nothing like you remember it (probably because you're the dumbest CFB (and political and economic) poster on this forum). It's time to let that one go. It doesn't help your case that Spartan fans are obsessed w/ uofm when you keep bringing that one up.

Last edited:
Back