Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games - Championship Week

Run it twice run clock down as much as possible. And play freaking defense.

That was some terrible defense. Not as bad as Michigan against TCU but bad enough. I?m still salty about another no show in a bowl game for Michigan. Hopefully Our Oc is carful with out patterns from JJ.

Do our jobs tomorrow and it's M v W.

Florida state, Alabama and Texas lose and Ohio state can get in lol.

If Michigan loses Harbaugh, I would go after Deboer or Whittingham, but that's me.

Not sure whittingham would leave his job and with Washington Joining the big ten why leave that job? I guess more money . Is Washington defense any good ? My guess Moore would get the job knowing the way Michigan works.

Last edited:
If it's Michigan vs Washington at the Rose Bowl, I'll worry.

Not sure whittingham would leave his job and with Washington Joining the big ten why leave that job? I guess more money . Is Washington defense any good ? My guess Moore would get the job knowing the way Michigan works.

Moore just isnt ready. He played not to lose all 3 games and got lucky because of the talent. I like him as our coordinator, but not as our head guy......yet. We need a proven coach and the 2 guys mentioned are proven, with winning as well as recruiting.

And......can Holly Rowe lose a couple fucking pounds? Jesus Christ

Moore just isnt ready. He played not to lose all 3 games and got lucky because of the talent. I like him as our coordinator, but not as our head guy......yet. We need a proven coach and the 2 guys mentioned are proven, with winning as well as recruiting.

And......can Holly Rowe lose a couple fucking pounds? Jesus Christ

Moore would undoubtedly be the replacement if Jim left and he would most likely not be doing the 3 most demanding jobs all at once if he did. My assumption is that Campbell would be promoted to OC and take over play calling.

I'd also argue that going for it 3 times in 4th down in the biggest game of your life is not playing not to lose. He called a half back pass, brought in the 3rd (at best) string QB to run a couple of plays. The only thing that I would have liked to see him do different was a better playcall on 3rd down at the end of the game, even if it was a reverse. He did fine.

Moore would undoubtedly be the replacement if Jim left and he would most likely not be doing the 3 most demanding jobs all at once if he did. My assumption is that Campbell would be promoted to OC and take over play calling.

I'd also argue that going for it 3 times in 4th down in the biggest game of your life is not playing not to lose. He called a half back pass, brought in the 3rd (at best) string QB to run a couple of plays. The only thing that I would have liked to see him do different was a better playcall on 3rd down at the end of the game, even if it was a reverse. He did fine.

I agree he did good, but...

Its easy to go for it on 4th down when your in your opponents territory and never trailing. And yes, Moore turtled on the last drive when they could have completely ended the game running out the clock. Michigan had no issues running to the outside during the game and on that drive, but instead, chose to run it up the gut 2 straight plays and was content on kicking a fg. That was bullshit. You either go for the 1st and end it or you go for the td. A competent qb would have beat them with that last chance handed on a silver platter. If the tables are turned and OSU pulls that game out, the pundits and fans would have talked about the last 2 fg's that Michigan settled for, that should have been touchdowns. The play calling at the end of those 2 drives was not to lose. Michigan should have had 40+ points again. They left points out there. At the end of the day, I hope Im wrong about all of it, if Harbaugh leaves and Moore somehow became HC. I would eat crow until the end of time. Best case scenario would be a Moeller/Carr type transition. Worst case would be losing recruits and losing vets to the portal, and in turn, burning the program to the ground.

I just dont think he's ready

I don't think he's ready either.

There's a lot more to being HC than calling plays or making gameplans, and Moore hasn't done any of that yet, and he's only 37.

Having a job as big as Michigan be his first HC gig is a roll of the dice. It might work out, but it's a big gamble.

and (somewhat ironically) it would be similar to how Ryan "Born On 3rd Base" Day took over at OSU.

I didn't see much of the Pac12 championship yesterday, only some parts of the 1st half, but I was surprised UW was kicking ass like that. I really thought Oregon would knock them out. Not sure what to think about both of those teams now

I didn't see much of the Pac12 championship yesterday, only some parts of the 1st half, but I was surprised UW was kicking ass like that. I really thought Oregon would knock them out. Not sure what to think about both of those teams now

I would say you might think that Washington is better than you thought but Oregon isn?t as good.

Back