Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games - Championship Week

Talking to an FSU fan on line at Caribou. He also sees these idiotic conference "championship" games as mere money grabs that risk the health and condition of the players.

Last edited:
Hope Michigan is not over confident like Oregon was. You hear you are crap all week and a 9 point underdog to a team you beat and you probably get pissed.

I am a little worried that Michigan may be over confident going into this game vs Iowa. Could be a trap game. But Iowa's offense is so bad I expect it to be a blowout game for Michigan. Still, that little voice in the back of my head says, look out. Hope they are ready and the game is over by the end of the first half and everyone comes through healthy.

Texas has to win for the possibility of chaos to even happen. Because if they do and Alabama wins, no one will know who the committee goes with. We will know what they should do, but do we really, lol? I think Georgia will step on the gas at some point and break the Tide, but you never know.

I don't think he's ready either.

There's a lot more to being HC than calling plays or making gameplans, and Moore hasn't done any of that yet, and he's only 37.

Having a job as big as Michigan be his first HC gig is a roll of the dice. It might work out, but it's a big gamble.

and (somewhat ironically) it would be similar to how Ryan "Born On 3rd Base" Day took over at OSU.

I like the job Moore did. But agree he is not ready to take over at Michigan. Harbaugh was with the team during the week, so it is not like Moore was on his own. If he leaves he should go to a smaller conference where he has the opportunity to build a team into a winner. On the other hand, if Day is fired maybe OSU would hire him as their HC.

Texas is making their case. Up 28-7 with 11:40 still to play in the 2nd quarter.

Texas is making their case. Up 28-7 with 11:40 still to play in the 2nd quarter.

Ya Texas probably next team in if Florida state loses. What do you do if bama beats Georgia though? Lol

Fsu loses and bama beats Georgia... you can't put bama in over Texas who lost the head to head can you?

M v W basically a lock.

Can't put Bama in without putting texas in. I would put texas at 4 even without a FSU loss tbh.

I?m worried

I?m telling you if we played badly and lose for sure we are out.

If we played poorly and barely win and Alabama and Texas are impressive we could get left out even in a win by a few points.
No way Georgia gets left out in my opinion. To much sec bias.

Michigan needs a damn blowout win now the way things are shaping up.

Especially with the controversy hanging over us.

I?m a huge worry wart.

Last edited:
People were too quick to write Bama off. They were one of the best teams in the country post Week 3.

UGA played a weaker schedule than we did

I?m worried

I?m telling you if we played badly and lose for sure we are out.

If we played poorly and barely win and Alabama and Texas are impressive we could get left out even in a win by a few points.
No way Georgia gets left out in my opinion. To much sec bias.

Michigan needs a damn blowout win now the way things are shaping up.

Especially with the controversy hanging over us.

I?m a huge worry wart.

I think there's very little chance we get left out if we win. I'm not worried. Assuming Bama wins, I think UGA is done

Last edited by a moderator:
Georgia fumbled deep in their own territory but held Alabama to a fg.

20-10 Bama late 3rd.

This year would been a good year to have 6-12 team playoff. Lot of good teams.

Great drive by Alabama. Marched right down the field should be first and goal at the half yard line.

Back