Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Confrcn Champion Wk # 14 - Looks like Ohio State is in the Playoff

Should TCU be punished for losing a championship as an undefeated by being dropped below the Buckeyes after their season finale?

The answer is no, they shouldn?t be. They probably will be.

Absolutely not. They beat the team they just lost to in OT.

I originally thought that the committee would try to avoid a first round rematch but now... OT loss vs #10 vs 22 point loss at home vs #2. Who knows wtf they'll do.

Looked like TCU may have actually scored on the 3rd and goal play. That is what they will be claiming. Controversial end of that game. Well, USC lost giving up a big lead, and TCU lost in OT. Does this hurt or help OSU? I mean, do you punish teams for playing in a championship game and reward a team that got their asses handed to the at home the previous weekend and are sitting at home watching? Was USC's loss in a championship on a neutral field worse than OSU's loss by more than two TDs at home? I think the TCU loss hurts OSU's chances to get into the CFP.

At this point I'm hoping for a Georgia loss and Michigan win.

1 Michigan
2 Georgia
3 OSU
4 TCU

Looked like TCU may have actually scored on the 3rd and goal play. That is what they will be claiming. Controversial end of that game. Well, USC lost giving up a big lead, and TCU lost in OT. Does this hurt or help OSU? I mean, do you punish teams for playing in a championship game and reward a team that got their asses handed to the at home the previous weekend and are sitting at home watching? Was USC's loss in a championship on a neutral field worse than OSU's loss by more than two TDs at home? I think the TCU loss hurts OSU's chances to get into the CFP.

That was uscs 2nd loss.... or else id agree usc would still be in.

I originally thought that the committee would try to avoid a first round rematch but now... OT loss vs #10 vs 22 point loss at home vs #2. Who knows wtf they'll do.

I don't think much can be put into the rankings inside the top 12-15. Last weekend #3 beat #2 convincingly on their home field. This weekend #11 or 12 beat #4, 10 or 13 just beat #3. Shows the rankings are pretty arbitrary and should not receive much weight in these decisions.

That was uscs 2nd loss.... or else id agree usc would still be in.

Yeah, I hear that argument. But if OSU was playing this weekend rather than sitting at home would they have another loss? Maybe. I'm sure they would have a letdown after the brutal loss at home to the Mighty Men of Michigan (Hail to the Victors Valient!). Is it right to reward them for not playing and punish another team for playing an extra game?

Georgia's OLine and DLine are pretty huge. They control the line of scrimmage when they want to, it seems.

Yeah, I hear that argument. But if OSU was playing this weekend rather than sitting at home would they have another loss? Maybe. I'm sure they would have a letdown after the brutal loss at home to the Mighty Men of Michigan (Hail to the Victors Valient!). Is it right to reward them for not playing and punish another team for playing an extra game?

It does seem wrong to punish USC for losing its conference championship game when O$U failed to qualify, let alone spectacular style - oh well.

Anyways, I just turned on Hallmark?s A Holiday Spectacular, which I DVR?d.

It features Ann-Margaret as a former society ingenue whom, when younger, spurned her family?s place and status to dance at Radio City as a Rockette, recounting that story to her granddaughter.

Fast forwarding through the commercial, we should finish just in time for kickoff.

I thought Ann-Margaret had won as Oscar, but I was wrong.

She won two Emmys, was nominated for two Oscars, and fucked Elvis Presley.

Still, a pretty short list.

Has a team ever lost a game and not dropped at least one spot? I doubt it. And i doubt that will happen now. Georgia will get an easy win over TCU and have a fully healthy crew going into the natty. Fuck the SEC.

I honestly don't think they will want a rematch in the semis. I expect the top 3 to stick and OSU to get to 4.

Back