Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Confrcn Champion Wk # 14 - Looks like Ohio State is in the Playoff

Anyways, I just turned on Hallmark?s A Holiday Spectacular, which I DVR?d.

It features Ann-Margaret as a former society ingenue whom, when younger, spurned her family?s place and status to dance at Radio City as a Rockette, recounting that story to her granddaughter.

Fast forwarding through the commercial, we should finish just in time for kickoff.

I thought Ann-Margaret had won as Oscar, but I was wrong.

She won two Emmys, was nominated for two Oscars, and fucked Elvis Presley.

Still, a pretty short list.

My bad, eschews would have been a more appropriate synonym.

And forget about my grammar - clearly the verb tense in the past progressive tense should have been ?spurns.?

It?s conference championship Sunday and I?m not gonna lie, I?ve had a couple?a pops.

Has a team ever lost a game and not dropped at least one spot? I doubt it. And i doubt that will happen now. Georgia will get an easy win over TCU and have a fully healthy crew going into the natty. Fuck the SEC.

Ordinarily no, but I think the top 3 were so far ahead that they lapped the field.

If TCU got jumped by both OSU and even Alabama it would be ok with me. How many times does the trash big 12 need to get a team in and be embarrassed before they start realizing it's a trash conference.

College football could easily fix this by picking the playoff teams prior to championship week. But they are dumb...

Ordinarily no, but I think the top 3 were so far ahead that they lapped the field.

If TCU got jumped by both OSU and even Alabama it would be ok with me. How many times does the trash big 12 need to get a team in and be embarrassed before they start realizing it's a trash conference.

People can argue that the B1G is trash. We gave a knack for getting blown out in the championship rounds

How good would Purdue vs Utah be in the rose bowl? I?d be glued to the tv lol

I don't think that USC or TCU should be bumped. I think that the CFP playoffs should be frozen after the final reg season game, and I don't consider conference championship games as regular season. OSU can pound sand and remain out of the playoff -- it lost its chance to win a spot and shouldn't advance because another team played an extra game. What did OSU do THIS weekend to advance but nothing at all? That would go for Michigan as well, had it lost last weekend.

I don't think that USC or TCU should be bumped. I think that the CFP playoffs should be frozen after the final reg season game, and I don't consider conference championship games as regular season. OSU can pound sand and remain out of the playoff -- it lost its chance to win a spot and shouldn't advance because another team played an extra game. What did OSU do THIS weekend to advance but nothing at all? That would go for Michigan as well, had it lost last weekend.

You got another like.

Last edited:
Total destruction of LSU

I didn't watch, just saw the stats... and yeah, they put up 50, but 7 came on a blocked FG return, when LSU stupidly thought the play was over and started walking off the field.

And they gave up 500 passing yards to LSU.

Glaring stats like that make me think maybe they're not as fundamentally sound as everyone is saying

EDIT: I'm posting this in hopes you'll tell me we have a shot at beating them

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure what to make out of LSU. Tennessee smoked them at home.

Bama would probably beat both teams soundly on a neutral field, but the schedule just didn't go their way this season.

Bama also looked uncharacteristically sloppy, often this season. Maybe Saban is losing his grip?

Georgia vs OSU

UM vs TCU

I think they got it right

Big Ten fans when two SEC teams get in:

funny+angry+face+(3).jpg

When two Big Ten teams get in:

putin-vladimir-putin.gif

...but I agree... they got it right.

Ideally, USC wouldn't have been a piece of shit fake ass team, and won their shoe-in game, but this is otherwise correct.

I think Bama could play and beat any of the four teams in as well, and would be if they could have played LSU or Tennessee at home... but thems the breaks. They got other breaks, and more than their share over the years.

This year wouldve been nice to have a 6 team playoff. Georgia and UM have byes and let TCU, OSU, USC and Alabama play for the right to face them.

I think they got it right too. Here's to hoping our guys have what it takes to win 2 more. You know that they are hoping for a rematch in the title game after the ratings they got last weekend. I hope it happens but cj Stroud is going to fold against UGA defense.

Yeah, Georgia will take care of OSU. As undeserved as their being in the playoff is. Gotta play who is on the schedule. Anyone watch TCU this season?

Back