Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 1

tinselwolverine

Yeah, I know it?s a little early, but not that early, it?s actually just one week from today, Saturday August 27th and goes through Monday September 5th - a ten day week.

Do we need to speed up our countdown thread to finish in time?

It was the same way last season as I recall.

I guess when it comes to college football and you?re ESPN, you literally have the power to change and redefine time.

I?m noticing Notre Dame plays Ohio State on the third of September; I was not aware of this until now. That?s a pretty big deal.

I don?t know how many times I?ve wanted Notre Dame to win a football game, but it?s been very few of any.

Last edited:
The first three games for Michigan are trap games! 95+ percent probability of winning. They better not be smoking the weed before these games and get caught with their pants down like they did vs Appy State!

dont think it gets any bigger than them irish going at the buckeyes as the 5th seed! really take them down a peg or 2. could even put early dent in stroud heisman hopes with their pass defense.

Last edited:
ND was 11-2 last year, playing a ridiculously soft schedule. Their two wins against decent Big Ten opponents were closer than the scores indicated.

This is Marcus Freeman first time as a HC.

They lost their experienced QB.

This is a huge advantage for them against OSU, b/c it's not clear what to game plan for. But I don't think the outcome of the game will tell us much, unless one team absolutely gets run over. But it'll be fun to watch, I guess, assuming it's not a blowout.

ND was 11-2 last year, playing a ridiculously soft schedule. Their two wins against decent Big Ten opponents were closer than the scores indicated.

This is Marcus Freeman first time as a HC.

They lost their experienced QB.

This is a huge advantage for them against OSU, b/c it's not clear what to game plan for. But I don't think the outcome of the game will tell us much, unless one team absolutely gets run over. But it'll be fun to watch, I guess, assuming it's not a blowout.

Personally I think it'll be a blow out. OSU wins in a big way.

However that's my uneducated prediction

Damn.

I didn?t know Northwestern and Nebraska were playing in Ireland.

That changes things. Swings the advantage toward Northwestern.

Those guys from Northwestern are pretty smart.

Nebraska might struggle with a foreign language.

I think I?m going to watch a few minutes of this game, what the hell, right?

Football is back, baby!

In a season where everyone starts zero and zero, which is every season, and in a season where anything can happen, which is any season, hypothetically it?s a little better for Michigan for Nebraska to beat our division rival Northwestern.

Although, I don?t expect Northwestern to be sniffing the top of the division near the end of the division.

And I really hate the idea of rooting for Nebraska.

That said, Nebraska scores early and quickly.

In a season where everyone starts zero and zero, which is every season, and in a season where anything can happen, which is any season, hypothetically it?s a little better for Michigan for Nebraska to beat our division rival Northwestern.

Although, I don?t expect Northwestern to be sniffing the top of the division near the end of the division.

And I really hate the idea of rooting for Nebraska.

That said, Nebraska scores early and quickly.

NW is in the B1G West.

LOL, Nebraska went all the way to Ireland and STILL lost another one (1) score game.

"Let's try playing on a different continent. Maybe that will help."

I almost kinda feel sorry for Nebraska now.

Their fans are really not that bad anymore, and the Nebraskans I've worked with were decent people. Everyone I know who has been to games there says they're good to visitors... good old fashioned neighborly values, and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, Nebraska went all the way to Ireland and STILL lost another one (1) score game.

"Let's try playing on a different continent. Maybe that will help."

I know, right?

We have to come up with a cool name for Scott Frost?s failure at Nebraska as the head coach. I?m thinking ?the Curse of 1997.?

There are other things to substantiate that Frost/Nebraska have been cursed since then, for snaking an unwarranted share of the NC, arguably partly due to Scott Frost?s whining.

Unspectacular NFL career as not an NOT a quarterback; good to great NFL careers for Wolverines from that ?97 team, including Griese and Heisman Trophy winner Charles Woodson and what?s his name, that guy who was the backup quarterback at Michigan that national championship team?

F Scott Frost.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L4KgcDX2F_I

F Scott Frost is kinda like the F Scott Fitzgerald of college football... forever associated with one (1) era where he had all his success. Followed by a long decline.

Is his wife also a volatile alcoholic?

Back