Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week whatever tf this is EDIT by Tinsel it?s week 12

North Alabama is beating FSU 13-3 in the 2nd quarter and Jordan Travis was carted off the field.

I really wish Michigan alumni and fans would stop lumping Juwan, Jalen, Jimmy, and Ray into the Ed Martin pay violations. It was not the Fab 5 that got Michigan in trouble and those four were not implicated.

C-Webb, Mo Taylor, Louis Bullock, and Tractor Traylor are the guys who got the sanctions levied.

Last edited:
I really wish Michigan alumni and fans would stop lumping Juwan, Jalen, Jimmy, and Ray into the Ed Martin pay violations. It was not the Fab 5 that got Michigan in trouble and those four were not implicated.

C-Webb, Mo Taylor, Louis Bullock, and Tractor Traylor are the guys who got the sanctions levied.

He's not a Michigan fan. I don't even follow Michigan bball (because of the fact that they were never on TV due to the fallout of Webber) and I know that it wasn't the entire Fab 5.

Last edited:
He's not a Michigan fan. I don't even follow Michigan bball (because of the fact that they were never on TV due to the fallout of Webber) and I know that it wasn't the entire Fab 5.

Yeah, I messed up who posted it. My point does still stand in general.

I know that it sucked losing Worthy when it happened but I'm not convinced that dude is ever going to be worth the trouble. For every explosive play he makes he has 2 terribly costly mistakes.

Last edited:
I know that it sucked losing Worthy when it happened but I'm not convinced that dude is ever going to be worth the trouble. For every explosive play he makes he has 2 terribly costly mistakes.

Aaaaand he just fumbled on a reverse the play after he made a 25 yard catch.

It cannot be that fucking difficult to NOT push a dude in the back. Right? RIGHT?

Missouri completed a 4th and 17 well out of field goal range. Then completed I think one ore two more passes and had a chip shot field goal of 30 yards to take the lead 33-31 on senior night in Missouri. Man he was wide open on 4th and 17.

Third season in a row of 9 wins. Pretty darn good.

Last edited:
One of the dumbest things I saw yesterday was the refs give like 8 OSU players unsportsmanlike penalties at one time for "posing". I can handle excessive celebration or delay of game but unsportsmanlike on each individual guy for celebrating with their teammates is dumb.

it's crazy how the pendulum of public opinion swings. prior to last year you'd assume OSU should be the favorite in this game by default. Two wins later, it's "Can Ohio State compete with Michigan?"

I've watched last year's game a couple times... and I'd say until Edwards' first TD run, it was a lot closer than we remembered. That run was really a dagger to the heart, and completely unexpected.

There was a stretch of time in the second half, where even though we had momentum, a bad possession or big play could've tipped the outcome either way. The fact that Harbaugh will be out for this one makes me REALLY concerned how that part of the game plays out for us. The conference really did kneecap our entire season here.

On the flip side, if McCord plays to his average, I don't know if they can beat us. Their game will only resemble what a slightly more talented Penn St offense could do on the road, but won't be a threat to score a lot of points or move the ball much.

that's exactly what I thought it would be.

I think UM covers.

the thing that concerns me is OSU's running game. If that's improved enough to offset the dropoff from Stroud to McCord, it will be tougher sledding for us. I feel like this game is going to come down to who can go "smashmouth" better.

I don't know what to expect from JJ... he played OK against Penn State, but after they established pressure, he didn't have to throw much. Then against MD, he played poorly, missing a couple guys, including 2 potential TDs, and he seemed uncharacteristically frustrated. That last part was maybe more surprising from him. He usually seems like a positive kid

the thing that concerns me is OSU's running game. If that's improved enough to offset the dropoff from Stroud to McCord, it will be tougher sledding for us. I feel like this game is going to come down to who can go "smashmouth" better.

I don't know what to expect from JJ... he played OK against Penn State, but after they established pressure, he didn't have to throw much. Then against MD, he played poorly, missing a couple guys, including 2 potential TDs, and he seemed uncharacteristically frustrated. That last part was maybe more surprising from him. He usually seems like a positive kid

I have watched most of the OSU games this year. Here's my take on OSU.

Henderson is really good, better than the trash they had in last years game.

The OL is much worse than what they had last year.

The Defensive players are pretty similar, I don't think they lost much from last year. So they should be a little better.

The WR / pass catchers are the same and a little better.

The QB is terrible compared to Stroud. The drop off from Stroud to McCord is significant.

Between the OL and QB being much worse than last year, UM should win by at least a TD, unless they lose the turnover margin by more than one turnover.

I read in The Dispatch that two weeks ago, OSU had to replace their starting center for most of the season with one of the guards, because he was having trouble snapping the ball. That's not the sort of thing I expect from OSU this late in the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back