Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other NCCA Tournament games

I was just giving you shit. I didn't watch the game. You do have a tendency to watch every game with tinted glasses. You see the calls that go against the team you are rooting for but seem to forget/dismiss the calls that go against the other team. It's pretty common, most fans to do this.

It's different in the B1G. You can watch NW vs Nebraska with no rooting interest whatsoever and still complain about the refs consistently. The B1G conference has a real officiating problem. They're either incompetent, corrupt, or so egotistical that they can't call a straight game because they make it about themselves.

It's different in the B1G. You can watch NW vs Nebraska with no rooting interest whatsoever and still complain about the refs consistently. The B1G conference has a real officiating problem. They're either incompetent, corrupt, or so egotistical that they can't call a straight game because they make it about themselves.

college hoops officiating in general is the worst of all major sports, bar none. When they're not impacting the outcome of games, they're making them nearly unwatchable. The B1G may seem egregiously bad especially when Ed Hightower and TV Ted were still around, but that's probably because you watch more B1G basketball.

I was just giving you shit. I didn't watch the game. You do have a tendency to watch every game with tinted glasses. You see the calls that go against the team you are rooting for but seem to forget/dismiss the calls that go against the other team. It's pretty common, most fans to do this.

I actually thought yesterday game was called fine. Just one bad call. It was a critical time in the game. Have ball down 6 to down 9 after bad call.

Now the Duke Msu game was called weird. They call it one way the whole game and then in 45 seconds Msu gets three touch fouls in a row. I hate the touch foul calls. It?s either a foul both ways or it?s not.

Bye bye big ten. We beat on each other and shit the bed in the ncaa. If Michigan played a C+ shooting game last night we advance..

frustrating.

Bye bye big ten. We beat on each other and shit the bed in the ncaa. If Michigan played a C+ shooting game last night we advance..

frustrating.

Villanova shot like shit too. They shoot their average and they win by 20+

The big ten was awful again this year.

Villanova shot like shit too. They shoot their average and they win by 20+

The big ten was awful again this year.

I know and if Michigan just played it?s B game we win by 10. it Just shows how good a defense we played against Villanova ! Michigan played great defense against Villanova! Only thing that showed up. Michigan Couldn?t hit the broadside of the barn against the wildcats.

Last edited:
UCLA verses North Carolina
The I can?t stand either team game !
Man the guards in this game are fast and something.

Winner gets to play St Peter?s for a Final Four spot.
Looks like UNC gets the final four spot unless St Peter?s has some more magic.
Acc just always gets the breaks

Ucla up 64-61 gets out scored 12-2 last few minutes.
Acc rules the ncaa tournament.

Last edited:
If they weren?t in the Acc Miami-Florida would be ok to root for. Probably still will against Kansas.

Iowa st 2 wins last season lose in sweet 16.
Miami-Florida wins 10 games last season makes its first elite 8.

I care barely more than 0% - but this St. Peter?s story is getting a lot of attention even in the non-sports media.

Beat Purdue to get to the round of 8.

Wow.

That?s something.

I care barely more than 0% - but this St. Peter?s story is getting a lot of attention even in the non-sports media.

Beat Purdue to get to the round of 8.

Wow.

That?s something.

Pretty sure Unc ends this run. Damn I wish Michigan or Msu could play them. I really think we would have no issues with St Peter?s.
Hope not. Go Peter?s!

Last edited:
Watching the women play South Dakota. Man, women's basketball is like a whole new level of frustration!

SD up 26-24 at the half. SD collapsing on the ball in the paint. Michigan having trouble getting a shot up when they take the ball inside.

Villanova beats Houston 50-44.

Houston shot terribly as well... 30% from the floor.

5% (1-20) from three point range (!!!) :ugh:

I guess Villanova does something to make other teams shoot really poorly against them? Like puts something in the water, or psyches them out or something.

Villanova's offense was shitty too, but they were 15-15 FTs

sports are dumb

SD up 26-24 at the half. SD collapsing on the ball in the paint. Michigan having trouble getting a shot up when they take the ball inside.

Michigan wins 52-49. S Dakota gave them a hell of a game (I guess). Damn! It was excruciating! First trip to the Elite 8 for Michigan. Worse thing is that now I feel like I should watch them play Louisville on Monday.

The Final Four looks to be another snooze fest with some of the biggest names in college basketball taking most of the slots. The only good thing to come out of it is that either Duke or UNC won't be in the title game.

Is it really a surprise? They invite 68 teams into a tournament and the traditional teams seem to always be in position to win.

I'm rooting for Duke. It would be a great way for coach K to go out. That said, I won't watch any of the games. Just hoping the final scores in the remaining games ends in 2-2 or 0-5 for some cash my pocket :)

Is it really a surprise? They invite 68 teams into a tournament and the traditional teams seem to always be in position to win.

I'm rooting for Duke. It would be a great way for coach K to go out. That said, I won't watch any of the games. Just hoping the final scores in the remaining games ends in 2-2 or 0-5 for some cash my pocket :)

what are you going to do with that cash?

I have to root for Villanova. Jay Wright is an awesome coach and reminds me of Beilein a bit.

The other three programs can pound sand. Coach K is John Calipari that is provided with teflon media and NCAA protection. Guy has been paying players since Trajan Langdon. I'll root for UNC over Duke any day.

I have to root for Villanova. Jay Wright is an awesome coach and reminds me of Beilein a bit.

The other three programs can pound sand. Coach K is John Calipari that is provided with teflon media and NCAA protection. Guy has been paying players since Trajan Langdon. I'll root for UNC over Duke any day.

The "Coach K farewell tour" bullshit makes me root against Duke.

in some past years, I'd cheer for Duke like I'd cheer for the Yankees in baseball.

Once the team I actually care about is out, I cheer for the team most people are rooting against to win, because I think American sports fans in general deserve to be miserable.

The "Coach K farewell tour" bullshit makes me root against Duke.

in some past years, I'd cheer for Duke like I'd cheer for the Yankees in baseball.

Once the team I actually care about is out, I cheer for the team most people are rooting against to win, because I think American sports fans in general deserve to be miserable.

"For me, the college basketball scene has been pretty clean. I haven't encountered those things. ... We haven't lost a kid because I feel someone cheated for him. That's my explanation on it. Again, I apologize for shortchanging the answer." - Coach K

From: https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...-corruption-blip-blue-devils-duke/1904411002/

Such a load of bullshit.

Back